What does the developer of the aiport need to do?

Hi,

I'm developing VTBS Suvarnabhumi Airport in Thailand and I'd like to know what is need to be done to make the airport compatible with AES (if aerosoft want to add mine in the list). Do I need to compile jetway separately or do I need other things else?

I also attached my vtbs armi-tic project with this. Let you have a look:

This is my jetway, full of detail:

myjetwayVTBS.jpg

Roads beneath the bridge:

myjetwayVTBS2.jpg

Line on the apron, taxiway, runway are grounpoly

Detail02.jpg

myjetwayVTBS3.jpg

Tunnel through the other concourse:

Tunnel.jpg

Detail on the bridge and stairs.

Detail01.jpg

Airport overview.

overview_resize.jpg

Airport interior.

SalathaiNight.jpg

Thai Style small house.

Salathai2.jpg

Detail of landing light.

fence1.jpg

Runway guard light and stop bar lights which I'm going to make them controllable by the user to turn it on and off

gardlight.jpg

You can try me demo at this link:

******Download Here********

• Upvote 1

Hello, jtanabodee!

I am not Oliver and I hope he will answer your question (I was asking myself the same question). If not, send an email to support and Shaun will pass it to Oliver.

I just wanted to say your scenery looks really good! I'm just downloading the demo. I hope it works for FS9, as you didn't mention that.

EDIT: Wait a second, isn't it the scenery offered at SimMarket available since March 2009?

I adopted this scenery to correct the problem and add more detail to the airport

That sounds great, thanks for replying!

I love flying to Asia, so you can count me as a customer when it's ready and AESed.

Can you confirm it is going to be available for the FS9 platform?

Let me say once again: that looks really good. I tried your demo yesterday and I liked it.

So, taking into consideration that it is being improved over, it's gonna be a winner if you ask me. :)

I'm also glad Oliver showed deep interest in this scenery. AES makes sceneries' value double.

• Upvote 1

You have another customer for a FS9 AESed version. :)

For what it's worth I have the current offering of VTBS. It is a little tough on the frame rates as jtanabodee honestly points out, but it is still a great package nonetheless. I'm sure his upgrade will be even more fantastic especially with AES added.

I hope (trust) existing owners get at least a break on the new version when realesed. Please don't tell jtanabodee, but, if not, I'll buy it anyway. We're really starting to see some nice scenery destinations in Asia. I live in the Hong Kong area so these new developments are very welcome news...

Are you enjoying the ImagineSim version of Chek Lap Kok?

Indeed I am Vorjab. Just after Cal and the team announced they were doing it I had a 3 hour delay while waiting for a flight to SFO. I pulled out my trusty digital camera and ran off about a hundred shots. I got a bunch from all different angles. Some also from the ferry ride in from the mainland and I made sure I was also able to get some of the towers as well. Anyway, I sent them to IS as on their website they had requested pictures. I got a lovely note back from Cal saying they were very useful and I would be receiving a free copy upon release. Sure enough, one day ahead of the commercial release I received another email with a code and a link and a comment from Cal saying enjoy and he was going off to get some sleep. I was/am highly grateful. So, I have a specially good feeling for that package!

They did a superb job on VHHH and I'm really looking forward to Changgi too!

I'm really looking forward to Changgi too!

So am I of course! And dreaming someone will make ZBAA, YSSY and NZAA one day. All my flights could be directed East then. ;)

Thanks a lot for your VHHH contribution, Russ. Yes, it is a nice scenery and I am enjoying it too.

Oliver - sorry for going off topic.

They did a superb job on VHHH and I'm really looking forward to Changgi too!

I wish I could do Changi Aiport, Singapore. But let me finish this one and upgrading this for FSX. Changi will be the next station of mine scenery train. But to do that need tons of pictures. This VTBS one of Thaiflight member sent me a DVD of photos they took before the airport opened. They have a good chance to access the area that we could not get to after the airport in use. Thanks to them, I will do the same way Kiwiwanabeu got the scenery. Hopefully, none will finish that before I start the new project.

I wish I could do Changi Aiport, Singapore. But let me finish this one and upgrading this for FSX. Changi will be the next station of mine scenery train. But to do that need tons of pictures. This VTBS one of Thaiflight member sent me a DVD of photos they took before the airport opened. They have a good chance to access the area that we could not get to after the airport in use. Thanks to them, I will do the same way Kiwiwanabeu got the scenery. Hopefully, none will finish that before I start the new project.

Jtanabodee,

You would have to hurry as ImagineSim is predicting a March or April release for Changgi. If you choose to do something different after VTBS please consider Kuala Lumpur. I'd love to see your many talents applied there.

I'm with Rafal on ZBAA. I had lived there for seven years and sent a request to FSDT to consider it. Umberto came back and explained that because of the extreme difficulty (impossibility) of getting the necessary information and pictures that it's not doable to any real measure of accuracy. I know I wouldn't want to be walking around any China airport taking pictures. At best I'd be deported and worst I'd be on an extended leave from everything.

Can't wait for your VTBS upgrade. Will current users get a break? Please :)

Cheers,

-Russ

Jtanabodee,

You would have to hurry as ImagineSim is predicting a March or April release for Changgi

Can't wait for your VTBS upgrade. Will current users get a break? Please :)

Cheers,

-Russ

Sorry to hear that. By that time I might just finised VTBS. Nevertheless, I'm still looking forward to Changi from ImagineSim. Their work on VHHH is very good.

This is for FS9 only and the next job of mine is to upgrade it to FSX.

I talked to Armi, the previous owner of this project, that the old customer will get upgrade for free and I agreed with him too.

I think sometimes in the next few weeks I'll be ready to send partially finished scenery and jetways in Gmax to AES.

Sorry to hear that. By that time I might just finised VTBS. Nevertheless, I'm still looking forward to Changi from ImagineSim. Their work on VHHH is very good.

This is for FS9 only and the next job of mine is to upgrade it to FSX.

I talked to Armi, the previous owner of this project, that the old customer will get upgrade for free and I agreed with him too.

I think sometimes in the next few weeks I'll be ready to send partially finished scenery and jetways in Gmax to AES.

jtanabodee,

That's very kind to offer a free upgrade to existing users. I appreciate it, but at the same time would have no problem paying a reduced "upgrade fee" to support the work. Especially, since I have gotten my money's worth from this version.

If Changgi is not in your future, how about Bali, Phuket, or Kuala Lumpur?

Cheers,

-Russ

jtanabodee,

That's very kind to offer a free upgrade to existing users. I appreciate it, but at the same time would have no problem paying a reduced "upgrade fee" to support the work. Especially, since I have gotten my money's worth from this version.

If Changgi is not in your future, how about Bali, Phuket, or Kuala Lumpur?

Cheers,

-Russ

Hi Russ,

I think WMKK airport is very interesting. But I've never been there. Google Earth have the model that make me understand more about the buildings there. It is indeed very interesting airport. Do you know that anyone working on this airport? I did a search, very few information about this airport in flight sim world. I was wondering malaysian guys do not playing flight sim. Is it going to be hit?

BTW, Phuket is available now by Prasong. You can take a look at Thaiflight.com. Besides the scenery itself, AES is available in this airport. Very nice work.

Regards,

Tic

Tic,

As far as I know, nobody is working on WMKK at the moment.

But it is hard to say if it could be a hit. I don't know much about Malaysian simmers.

Anyway, looking for inspiration, you might consider other Asian airports, too.

There is a huge gap in MFS in this (fascinating) part of the world.

There are still some essential aerodromes missing, for example:

ZBAA - Beijing Capital

ZSPD - Shanghai Pudong

VIDP - Delhi Indira Gandhi

Looking forward to your Suvarnabhumi with AES!

jtanabodee'

I agree with Rafal in that I'm not aware of anyone working on a payware for WMKK. There was a decent freeware made in 2005 that I got off AVSIM but I eventually deleted it due to continual frame problems. AVSIM shows it's been downloaded over 34,000 times if that's any kind of indication. Will it be a hit? I think it would be comparable to Overland's RKSI in that it's not a major hub like Changgi or VHHH and it's relatively close to a couple that are (RJAA & RJBB) like WMKK is with WSSS. But, there are many routes in and out and there is still a big hunger for good quality Asian airports. I'm not a guy who likes to much more than about a three hour flight and that has prevented me from doing a lot of flying here is Asia. I'd purchase immediately if it had the kind of quality you're doing. I think it would sell well, but that's just my feeling and nothing more.

I also agree with Rafal that Beijing probably represents the strongest Asian opportunity for revenue if done well. The problem being it's a huge undertaking with little access to reliable information as previously noted.

Thanks for the lead on Phuket. I tried to find it before with no luck. The link from Oliver's AES airport page is either broken, or possibly just not available from my location. I'll go looking again.

Cheers,

-Russ

jtanabodee'

Thanks for the lead on Phuket. I tried to find it before with no luck. The link from Oliver's AES airport page is either broken, or possibly just not available from my location. I'll go looking again.

Cheers,

-Russ

Hi Russ,

I'm sorry that I should have told you the link. You can download by visiting Thaiflight.com. http://www.thaifligh...ewtopic&t=38727 I'm sorry I cannot post direct link, since the webmaster told me not to do. It is written in Thai but you can have google translate it or just follow the first link you find. The download link is there.

BTW, you can see the progression of my project by this link http://www.thaiflight.com/mach/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=37663

Enjoy your flight to Phuket. Don't forget your sunblock and swimming suit.555!

About WMKK, I think it would be a very good project of mine. And I think I can do this faster than VTBS since it is not as complex as. But ZBAA, I think I have to find team to do the airport at this size. If I do this airport alone at the same level of detail, I really don't know how long it gonna take. May be in FS11 or FS12.

Tic

Hi Russ,

I'm sorry that I should have told you the link. You can download by visiting Thaiflight.com. http://www.thaifligh...ewtopic&t=38727 I'm sorry I cannot post direct link, since the webmaster told me not to do. It is written in Thai but you can have google translate it or just follow the first link you find. The download link is there.

BTW, you can see the progression of my project by this link http://www.thaiflight.com/mach/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=37663

Enjoy your flight to Phuket. Don't forget your sunblock and swimming suit.555!

About WMKK, I think it would be a very good project of mine. And I think I can do this faster than VTBS since it is not as complex as. But ZBAA, I think I have to find team to do the airport at this size. If I do this airport alone at the same level of detail, I really don't know how long it gonna take. May be in FS11 or FS12.

Tic

Thanks Tic, I got it OK and it is very nice as advertised. I also think it very generous of Oliver and Aerosoft to include AES with no need for credits as they have done on many others. That's a real gift to the community...

If you do WMKK please let me have a link to be the first to purchase. You have me really excited on this....

Cheers

Hi Oliver,

I'd like to inform you that I'm done with the jetway and the scenery regarding to that. All the scenery is not done yet, but I'm happy to send you the scenery file and jetway including XML file that imply what lat, long of each jetway. I have checked all the jetway and no fault on those. The final product will have the same jetway and the positions of them will not change. So you can work on animations while I'm finishing this scenery. I also send you the e-mail but still no reply yet. Please let me know what you need more then.

Regards,

Tic

Hi Oliver,

I'd like to inform you that I'm done with the jetway and the scenery regarding to that. All the scenery is not done yet, but I'm happy to send you the scenery file and jetway including XML file that imply what lat, long of each jetway. I have checked all the jetway and no fault on those. The final product will have the same jetway and the positions of them will not change. So you can work on animations while I'm finishing this scenery. I also send you the e-mail but still no reply yet. Please let me know what you need more then.

Regards,

Tic

Hi jtanabodee,

The screenshots for VTBS look outstanding,and you've done an amazing job :D . But when I download the file it comes up as a rar.file instead of a zipped file? How do you get it to become a zipped file so I can install it correctly??

Thanks

Jason

Hi jtanabodee,

The screenshots for VTBS look outstanding,and you've done an amazing job :D . But when I download the file it comes up as a rar.file instead of a zipped file? How do you get it to become a zipped file so I can install it correctly??

Thanks

Jason

Just search in google for winrar file. You can download the file to decompress this type of file. It is much smaller than zip file.

• 2 weeks later...