Rudder: Simped Vario Pro

Loke

I use the excellent rudder pedals Simped Vario Pro/USB, without toe-brakes. I think they are about 6 years old by now.

The manual is "subtle", and the shots of the curves almost unreadable. I have forgotten which curve to use (off course not linear, God forbid), but should I use exponential or logarithmic? I can not remember which one was for helicopters. If memory serves, I should stick to exponential.

Cheers,

Hello Shaun,

You are quite right. Their home pages are, as I can see, more or less "gone", and those pedals seems to be a well guarded secret. What a pity, as the beat everything else in the market in quality and precision. I will research myself back to the correct curves to use, no problem cool.gif

Hello Shaun,

You are quite right. Their home pages are, as I can see, more or less "gone", and those pedals seems to be a well guarded secret. What a pity, as the beat everything else in the market in quality and precision. I will research myself back to the correct curves to use, no problem cool.gif

As I recall reading a few years ago, Dieter the builder of the pedals had cancer, not sure if he recovered? I wanted to buy a set of these pedals but couldn't afford them at the time, but they are apparently some of the best flight sim pedals you could buy.

You could check on the SimHQ hardware forum, I know a few of the guys there have these pedals.

EDIT: Just read on SimHQ, Dieter did lose the fight to cancer :( but his son has taken over the business, the new website is here

I am sorry to hear about Dieter :( He made a difference, upping the quality, doing things right.

I found out. For rudders, use exponential. For helicopters (tail rotor), use logarithmic. Thx for the link.