Luxembourg Airport, now also for FS2004

Shaun Fletcher

Ahhh FS2004, we still love you very much. And we know that a few of our customers are not a big fan of FSX, so we are happy to announce Luxembourg Airports, that done so well for FSX, is now also available in the FS2004 version. As always our customers who buy this one will get the FSX version for free and customers who bought the FSX version will find a download link to the new FS2004 version on their order history page. This is very nice scenery, not only the airports but a lot of the country is included. The airport jus looks great, mainly because we had such good help from Cargolux.

Links: [Product Page]

Tags: FS2004 FSX Luxembourg Airports

ellx-fs9-001.jpg

ellx-fs9-002.jpg

ellx-fs9-003.jpg

ellx-fs9-004.jpg

ellx-fs9-005.jpg

ellx-fs9-006.jpg

ellx-fs9-007.jpg

ellx-fs9-008.jpg

ellx-fs9-009.jpg

ellx-fs9-010.jpg

ellx-fs9-011.jpg

ellx-fs9-012.jpg

ellx-fs9-013.jpg

ellx-fs9-014.jpg

ellx-fs9-015.jpg

ellx-fs9-019.jpg

ellx-fs9-021.jpg

ellx-fs9-022.jpg

ellx-fs9-023.jpg

Very glad to see it's released! Looks very good, judging from the screenshots. To be honest, other than the non-transparant windows, I'm not sure what the differences really are. Are there any more big differences?

Ahhh FS2004, we still love you very much. And we know that a few of our customers are not a big fan of FSX, so we are happy to announce Luxembourg Airports, that done so well for FSX, is now also available in the FS2004 version. As always our customers who buy this one will get the FSX version for free and customers who bought the FSX version will find a download link to the new FS2004 version on their order history page. This is very nice scenery, not only the airports but a lot of the country is included. The airport jus looks great, mainly because we had such good help from Cargolux.

VERY welcome to see Luxembourg is now available for fs9 - bought it as soon as I found it! ELLX is created in very good detail but I just wonder whether the airfields ELNT and ELUS should have any detail as all I can find is a strip but no airfield buildings? Also there does not seem to be a lot of extra autogen scenery away from the airport over and above what I would get with UT Europe. Is that the way it should be or has it installed incorrectly? Incidentally there were 4 new additions to the fs9 scenery library following installation - Luxembourg Airports, Luxembourg Terrain, Luxembourg Landmarks and VFR-Airfields Library.

Thank you for creating this for fs9!

Bill

I seem to be having trouble finding it for purchase in the download shop... :unsure:

Please update the US store please. Is the Euro shop correct? $42.00 USD for the Luxemburg scenery? Thats more than FSDT PHNL!!

VERY welcome to see Luxembourg is now available for fs9 - bought it as soon as I found it! ELLX is created in very good detail but I just wonder whether the airfields ELNT and ELUS should have any detail as all I can find is a strip but no airfield buildings? Also there does not seem to be a lot of extra autogen scenery away from the airport over and above what I would get with UT Europe. Is that the way it should be or has it installed incorrectly? Incidentally there were 4 new additions to the fs9 scenery library following installation - Luxembourg Airports, Luxembourg Terrain, Luxembourg Landmarks and VFR-Airfields Library.

Thank you for creating this for fs9!

Bill

That's how it should be. The FS9 release first was to have only ELLX, but the landmarks were later also included. ELUS and ELNT were never to be part of the FS9 version.

I seem to be having trouble finding it for purchase in the download shop... :unsure:

Please update the US store please. Is the Euro shop correct? $42.00 USD for the Luxemburg scenery? Thats more than FSDT PHNL!!

Here is the link to the US shop page for ELLX. The price for both FSX & FS9 is $34.58 US.

Luxembourg in US shop

• Upvote 1

ellx-fs9-022.jpg

Shaun, when I compare your images with my installation in FS9 it's not the same. Some are minor things, but the missing road under the runway plateau as you can see from my attached immages is not so good. Also the city lights are very sparse compared to your images. Can it be you have shown us FSX images...?

Another thing is about the road just outside the terminal building. This road goes straight through buildings. Not nice and disapointing, consider this is a Aerosoft product.

By the way, although I'm not going to use it; where is Uselange ELUS airstrip. It's missing in my installation.

post-8888-126426603191_thumb.jpgpost-8888-126426604741_thumb.jpgpost-8888-12642660541_thumb.jpg

Carl

Carl: from what I can see, Shaun did not show FSX shots. These must be FS9: in FSX, all the jetways and stairs have transparant windows, only in FS9 are they not transparant. As for the road, I think the road is there, but it has been moved. See the road that runs in front of the airport on the first shot? Now look at the shape of the "valley" where the road should be in, and compare it with the road that lies to the right of it (you can see it very well on the third shot). The road you see there should fit perfectly in the "valley" - where a road should be. Do you use anything that could have moved the road? UT:Europe perhaps?

Also, as I said just two posts before yours: ELUS and ELNT are not part of the FS9 version of this package!

See the road that runs in front of the airport on the first shot? Now look at the shape of the "valley" where the road should be in, and compare it with the road that lies to the right of it (you can see it very well on the third shot). The road you see there should fit perfectly in the "valley" - where a road should be.

But that is exactely what I'm pointing at, the road that goes under the runway plateau like in real life is not there!

Do you use anything that could have moved the road? UT:Europe perhaps?

No, I do not.

Also, as I said just two posts before yours: ELUS and ELNT are not part of the FS9 version of this package!

If you read the specification, it says that these two airports are included.

How do YOU know that they are not there then? Are you one of the developers?

So Shaun, do you have any ideas ?

Carl

But that is exactely what I'm pointing at, the road that goes under the runway plateau like in real life is not there!

No, I do not.

If you read the specification, it says that these two airports are included.

How do YOU know that they are not there then? Are you one of the developers?

So Shaun, do you have any ideas ?

Carl

Carl,

I know you are pointing at that, I have only tried to determine that the problem is not in the product but on your computer (because for me it works perfectly). Instead, the road that should be there seems to have moved a few hundred meters to one side. Why that is I don't know. Perhaps you find this useless, but I'm only trying to offer some help, you know...

I know what the specification says, and it is false. It has been said numerous times in various threads that ELUS and ELNT would not be included in the FS9 package. The first post by Christopher (chrieger) on this page: http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=29993&st=60 will make you see this is true (he says no further airports besides ELLX will be included, and indeed, they are not there).

Aerosoft has to make it clear that the FS9 version doesn't include these two airports, and they should do it sooner rather than later. Multiple people buy the package, thinking they are getting a FS9 version of what we saw in FSX, which is absolutely false.

Multiple people buy the package, thinking they are getting a FS9 version of what we saw in FSX, which is absolutely false.

And the price to pay for FS9 users is the same! :D

Even though I remeber something else being said:

Not having a high price for only one airport I have to sell the FS2004 on lower price.

Of course no offence to Christoph or anyone in Aerosoft, please.

Just pointing some misstatements, I believe.

Carl,

I know you are pointing at that, I have only tried to determine that the problem is not in the product but on your computer (because for me it works perfectly). Instead, the road that should be there seems to have moved a few hundred meters to one side. Why that is I don't know. Perhaps you find this useless, but I'm only trying to offer some help, you know...

I know what the specification says, and it is false. It has been said numerous times in various threads that ELUS and ELNT would not be included in the FS9 package. The first post by Christopher (chrieger) on this page: http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=29993&st=60 will make you see this is true (he says no further airports besides ELLX will be included, and indeed, they are not there).

Aerosoft has to make it clear that the FS9 version doesn't include these two airports, and they should do it sooner rather than later. Multiple people buy the package, thinking they are getting a FS9 version of what we saw in FSX, which is absolutely false.

Hi Benjamin,

thanks for clearing up - I am not a VFR pilot anyway (so far), so actually no problem not having the two air fields. As for the missing road - I'm pretty sure it's missing as the one from Shaun's image looks different from the one you quite correct has observed to the right. I think I re-install in case something went wrong during the installation and if that doesn't help I ask Aerosoft to make a short flight from Padderborn to ELLX and bring with them a mattock and spade to fix it - or Shaun will ask me to use mattock and spade on my computer which of course could be a more precise solution-----for Aerosoft. ;)

Thanks for responding to my problem

Regards,

Carl

It's okay, I too don't really miss them... I think trying to reinstall for now is the way to go. If that doesn't clear up the problem, I say wait for Shaun, or send an email to support@aerosoft.com. They usually are relatively fast (and if they are not, PM Shaun. He will make them work harder :P ).

Well Aerosoft (Shaun),

reinstallation didn't solve anything.

Instead I got aware of that mattock and spade isn't enough. Some dynamite would do better in order to get rid of the fence-and-small-road object that you can see from attached image is going crosswise where the missing road should pass.

Mattock and spade I would consider to use on my computer, but dynamite does definitely not come in question.

I can't possibly be the only one dealing with this issue.post-8888-12644224012_thumb.jpg

Carl

Wait a sec, this problem now suddenly looks familiar. If I remember correctly, the installer sets a certain parameter in fs9.cfg to a certain value in order for the bridge in that screenshot of yours, to displkay correctly. If it is not at that specific value, you get this error I think.

From another thread:

"I read in the manual a note for fs9 users: the installer set the max_vertex to 21 iso 19 so that the bridges at the 24 threshold displays correctly. Setting up that entry in the fs9.cfg to 21 has its downside unfortunately, especially increasing in some paces the 'plateau effect'. I reverted mine to 19, although I am well aware 21 allows a higher terrain definition."

Could you go into your fs9.cfg, and check the value at max_vertex?

Hi Carl,

you are right, in the shop the FS9 version is still missing. So you had the opportunity to buy it earlier than the infos are presented in the shop. I wrote in the beginning of making the FS2004 version some posts here in the forum, so I think alot people are informed already.

I take care about pointing out the difference as soon you can technicly buy the FS9 version.

now to your problem with the roads.

This is not really a problem of Luxembourg Airports and not really a problem of your PC. A new installation of Luxembourg Airports will always show the same problem.

Since FS2004 is on the market since (I forgot already B) ) I thought everybody has the basic products installed. One basic is a good mesh, and the othe basic is a product which will install correct roads, rivers and lakes. This basic is write now missing on your PC. I see the standard FS2004 situation.

Right now it's presented in the shop as if you get one package that inclues both FS2004 and FSX versions of the same thing, and that's what people get when they buy it... So, I'm not sure how it should be... Are you saying that the FS2004 should be a completely separate product?

Are you saying that the FS2004 should be a completely separate product?

No until this morning you bought a FSX version and got the FS2004 for free.

I just sent an email to Aerosoft that the following features are not included in the FS2004 version:

- VFR-Airfields ELNT and ELUS

- All Landmarks only in combination with the German Landmarks Package (Aerosoft version). The specific Luxembourg Landmarks come with the package

Okay you guys now get me confused: I bought the fs9 version the day it was released. No worries about the fact that I paid the price for the FSX version, who knows, perhaps one day or later I'll install FSX and try it out. Now what's bugging me, it's that the fs9 installer did actually install the VFR airfields and the landmarks. So what should I do now? Wait for a new fs9 package to be set up, unistall and reinstall? The question is: shall I remove those two VFR airfield and Landmark from my library, no need for me to keep useless folders in my fat fs9 install, right?

Hi Arnaud,

if you install the FSX and the FS9 version on one PC there should not be any problem.

In the FSX Release you will have both Airfields, in the FS9 version you will not find them.

If you try to Copy the FSX scenery to the fs9 you will run into trouble.

hi Christoph, I assume I misunderstood your previous statements. I am concerned because, I dont own FSX as of yet,

so naturally I installed only the fs9 scenery. Now, what I am saying is: the fs9 installer did definitely install a VFR Airfields and Landclass folders, and added them to the library.

Because you posted that those two folders arent supposed to be installed for fs9, hence my questions.

So...if the installer did install two folders that was NOT supposed to be installed, shall I remove them?

Again, I ran the fs9 installer that was available for downlmoad few hours after Shaun's annoucememnt.

Now I understood :D

Everything the installer installed is neccessary to complete the scenery. Do not delete any entries.

In the VFR-Airfields Libraries you will find all Libraries (Cars, static objects, trees etc.)

In the Luxembourg Airports Terrain, you will find several files inclunding Landclass nearby the airport (also elevation) and mesh files.