AEROSOFT - YOUR NEXT MISSION SHOULD YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT IS. . . . .

777cpt

Let me preface my comments by saying how impressed I am with Messrs. Kok and Fletcher, and all the crew that worked on the F-16. They created a wonderful aircraft add-on that does, indeed, accomplish what they set out to do. In other words, what Mathijs is saying correlates to perceived value regarding price insofar as the F-16 provides versus what the VRS Super Hornet does for its slightly higher price. My first thought is that we are still dabbling in a hobby, and as such, you can't readily compare two apples or oranges using true business economics. Some just give more to their output than they ask in return.

That said, I think perhaps its time to comment on both birds from the driver's seat as it were, since, as some of you know, I was on the beta teams of both products during most of their develop stages, and I currently continue on in that capacity during the FSX version of the VRS Super Hornet's beta program.

Both planes do what they promise, and in the case of the FSX versions, are so completely and diametrically opposed in how well they do it that it becomes a subject that cannot be debated adequately. I could mention the simulated flight envelopes of both add-ons, modeled systems, unique graphics technology, etc., but there's no basis -- each has been developed differently, with different technologies employed to achieve results. So let's just stop there and have fun flying both aircraft. After all, that's what it's all about, isn't it?

Finally, the FSX version of the VRS F/A-18E and /F, eventually, promises to be without a doubt, the most completely detailed simulation add-on in the history of MS Flight Simulator. At this time I can only encourage all of you to follow Jon and Alvaro's progress towards that end. The aircraft is very close to full beta testing, with a projected roll out date some time around March or April, and I can't wait to get my hands on this version, put it through its paces, and learn all about it while at the same time learning all about a couple of new flight controller systems I intend purchasing for use with the Super Bug -- Logitech and Saitek, specifically.

Myself? I am very proud to have worked so closely with Mathijs and Shaun in the past and would welcome an opportunity of doing so in the future, as well. Right now, I am convinced that the products they are working on as we speak will, in their own right, excel in all the areas that are considered important to Aerosoft.

• Upvote 2

I do agree that Aerosoft's F-16 is excellent, but so is the VRS F/A-18E. I think it's a bit unfair to compare it to the acceleration Hornet (after all, that's a legacy bird) or the price. First off, the price is not greater than $50 for the VRS bird (you can pre-order for that now) and in fact if you order it before release it's $35-40 (depending on if you a former owner of the FS9 version). Secondly, this truly is a study level simulation within the constraints of limited access to government performance data. Is it as complete as a PMDG like they claim? Realistically, not really. But it's not fair to compare them either. Boeing is working right with PMDG and none of a 737's avionics are "classified". Outside the realms of what's limited because of classified information, VRS is a PMDG bird. The flight dynamics of the FS2004 version were a dream (too bad I can't comment on realism since I don't fly the real thing) and the systems modeling was excellent. So was the F-16 and Aerosoft got in the game early with an FSX native fighter. Personally I'm glad to have both options.

I've never heard of vrsimulations, you've seen what a STUNNING job Aerosoft did with their F-16 FIGHTING FALCON!!

Aerosoft have set a very high benchmark with their F-16

Thats why i have made this post in the forum as i'd love to see them create a super hornet for either FSX or AFS 2012

The true benchmark of a simulated F-16 is open Falcon although Aerosoft did an F-16 it is not as complex as the one in Open Falcon or for that matter Falcon 4 Allied Forces. The advantages that OF and F4AF has over any FS addon is the combat element which is not 100% possible in FS. Although you may get excited over just flying from point A to point B(and some may well say that 99% of combat trainning is just plain flying about)the reality is you are missing out on the combat element which is the whole reason why OF and F4AF are better for it. Its one thing to fly its quite another to dogfight, shoot people down and drop bombs on stuff and blow them up, using data links, In game voice coms, mission scoring, inflight refuelling, AWACs, Dynamic Campaign.etc

VR Simulations didn't just model a superhornet for FS2004 they also added a more in depth flight model that includes the pirouette(a pre- programmed manouver) for the Flight control computer. They also modeled some aspects of combat including inflight refuelling, electronic warfare, A/A combat vs AI aircraft(yes you can shoot them down but not in MP), AI SAMs that shoot at you, towed decoys, chaff/flares, and HARMS for taking out AI search radars. IMO VR Superhornet is actually under priced compared to other sims of this calibre also I believe that future addons jet combat aircraft are better off as addons for DCS than FS as with DCS there is combat, FS not yet possible but could it ever get as realistic as DCS...no.

To be honest, it depends on what you're looking for. If you want an aircraft that you can pretty much hop into, press Ctrl-E to start the engines and then head off into the sky without worrying about all the systems of the aircraft being simulated in minute detail, then the Acceleration Hornet is for you. If you're looking for something more in-depth with a fully functional VC and lots of systems being simulated (I think only the classified - i.e. top secret - military systems aren't simulated), then the VRS Super Hornet is for you. But really, the Acceleration Hornet is nowhere near as good as the VRS Hornet. It's not even all that good in terms of payware in my opinion. The aircraft doesn't even sit right on the ground the way I see it and the VC is nothing to get excited about. Granted, the VRS Super Hornet is currently only available in FS9. But the FSX version of the VRS Super Hornet is just around the corner (pretty much, anyway) and when the FSX version is released, it is expected to blow the Acceleration Hornet out of the virtual sky.

FYI yes you can rampstart the FSX acceleration Hornet but the startup sequence is not as detailed as the VRS Superhornet just check the knee board for the procedure.

It would be highly disappointed if it would not be better because it is more expensive ($63 against $36) and two years later in the timeline of FS. Commercially however it is a problematic aircraft because MS covered it in their addon pack. Now that does not mean a lot for the high end, well educated customers on this forum, but for Joe Average it means a lot. It is an aircraft he 'already has'. And that makes it nearly impossible for us to do. We are in this market for the money, we got to make what people buy and in the format that people like it. Highly complex fighters are hell on sales and support. They are very hard to make serious money on. No matter how many awards and great reviews you got. And yes, I know we done a Cub and are now doing and Airbus. But believe me, the first is a lot cheaper to build and the second sells a lot easier then an F-18.

The price issue means most to me. Would you compare one car with another car double the price? Again, I am 100% sure this will be a GREAT aircraft, but let's compare products that are in the same price range, okay?

Do you seriously believe in all honesty that the FSX acceleration Hornet or even the payware D model are complete? IMO no there is alot missing if we're comparing cars then its like a car without an engine you can sit there and make brumbrum noises but it ain't gonna move. (or you can fly point A to point B and pretend that there are enemy migs out there and that your bombs will destroy the target but you can't)

IMO a complete aircraft consists of:

-the ability to destroy air/ground targets SP and MP.

-A/G radar

-A/A radar

-inflight refuelling

-datalink

And everything else most other jet combat sims have eg Lockon and Falcon

I'm not quite sure why you tell me to look at these links... I have gone over them for several times now over the last few months. I do know there is a FSX version coming...

I sent you these links to show you that im letting other forums know abt the imminent release of the VRS "superbug"

I simply was'nt aware of the VRS F18 before i made this topic active in this forum, until someone sent me a link to the VRS website