Munster/Osnabruck - HELP

deecee

Every time I try to locate at this airport I find that the aircraft is positioned in the airport buildings. The whole of the airport ground seems to be mis-aligned with the buildings.

I have tried to un-install using Control Panel/Un-install, but although it tells me that the un-install was successful the scenery remains in place. I cannot eliminate it.

I have VFRGermany2 installed and other airports - Frankfurt, Cologne, Hannover, Dortmund - and there is no problem.

I would be pleased if someone could suggest a fix for me.

Thank you

deecee

• Upvote 1

No, I installed the scenery first, then added the airports individually. When first installed Munster was okay, but I must have done something, because recently it has become annoying and I cant get it to work properly. I'm having to use push-back to get the aircraft clear of the buildings, but even so the static a/c are in the wrong place.

deecee

Look into your Aerosoft/AFD Folder.

There should be three files related to EDDG:

AF2_eddg.bgl

AF2_eddg_with_static_airplanes.off

AF2_eddg_without_static_airplanes.off

The latter two are off on my system, and this works fine.

In your scenery.cfg, VFR germany must be below your German Airports 2 entry. Aerosoft AFD must be above both.

This would be the correct order:

If you have AES, it MUST be the first entry.

VFR-Airfields Traffic (If you have it)

Aerosoft AFD

German Airfields X (1,2,3,9...)

German Airfields X_LC (1,2,3,9...) (deactivate if VFR Germany is in use)

German Landmarks Exclude (if you have it)

German Airports X (2,3 and single airports)

German Airports X_LC (2,3 and single airports) (deactivate if VFR Germany is in use)

German Landmarks (if you have it)

German Landmarks Landclass ((if you have it) deactivate if VFR Germany is in use)

German Landmarks Terrain ((if you have it) deactivate if VFR Germany is in use)

VFR-Germany X (1,2,3,4)

MyTraffic

VFR-Airfields Libraries (can be everywhere)

European Landmarks (can be everywhere)

Let me know if this helped

Hi Darem

Thanks for replying.

Checked the three EDDG files and they are in the same order with the last two set to off as you suggested.

My scenery library is as follows:

AES basepack

Aerosoft AFD

German Airports 2

German Airports 2_LC

Mega Airport Frankfurt

Mega Airport Frankfurt _LC

VFR Germany 1 (west)

Mega Airport Heathrow

UK2000 Gatwick Xtreme

UK2000 Birmingham Xtreme

VFR Airfields vol 1

VFR Gen X vol 3 )

vol 2 ) there are 36 of these entries - Horizon Photographic Scenery

vol 1 )

Fly Tampa Maarten X

Lord Howe Island

Falcon X why is this in scenery??

The rest is all FSX own scenery

I didn’t realise that it was important to have these entries in a specific order. I have since put them into this order. I did know that AES had to be first because it stated this in the instructions.

Should I have Mega Airport Heathrow _LC in the list as with Frankfurt? It isn’t there.

Now it still hasn’t totally solved the problem. On setting EDDG > gate 14 to start the flight the aircraft still appears in the buildings. However, if I start at Hannover, say, and then move the location to Munster using the task bar -

World > Go to Airport > EDDG > gate 14 ….. it sets the aircraft in the correct place, and everything looks fine. This is because I have AES installed I suppose.??

Are you able to make any sense of this, Darem?

My graphics card is Nvidia GeForce 8800GT with 512 mb

4gb DDR memory

Intel Quad 6600 processor

I generally fly – 737 Pilot in Command; or Just Flight Airbus series to and from Germany.

I struggle for memory after about 30mins and the computer slows down.

Hope to hear from you again

deecee

The order in the scenery.cfg looks good to me now. The positioning error could be because your scenery indexes aren't flushed correctly yet. I know this problem, sometimes I had my airplane starting 600 feet above EDDV *g*.

FTX Central (a tool for the australian scenery by FTX) has a scenery index flushing tool, but there must be others around as well. If not, the procedure below could do the trick:

Locate your fsx.cfg (if you don't know where it is - on Win 7 it is in c:\user\YOUR_USER_NAME\Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX, it should be about the same in Vista).

drag it to your desktop - DON't delete it, just remove it from it's original place.

Start FSX

FSX will rebuild the fsx.cfg and - I think - the scenery indexes as well.

After FSX has finished loading, close it and put back the original fsx.cfg.

Start FSX again, and see if you are placed correctly.

Keeping my finges crossed :-)

Hi Darem

Tried your suggestion regarding fsx.cfg file (it is in the same place in Vista), but sadly it hasn't made any difference.

I forgot to mention that I have Flight1 Ultimate Traffic 2007 installed. Could this make any difference?

Ive put 'flushing tool' into Google and this came up as an extract from a forum:

Download/install and run the Windows Installer Cleanup Tool

http://download.micr...1bd/msicuu2.exe - http://download.micr...1bd/msicuu2.exe

After install, run it and have it flush anything FSX related. BE CAREFUL with that tool.. if you dont see anything Flight Simulator X related, close the tool!

Does this sound as though it could sort things? Or is it too risky?

Thanks for trying

deecee

Hi Shaun

Not quite sure what AFCADs are or what they are used for. I may sound a bit of a novice, but I have never had cause to use them!

I am willing to try most things, but I would need a bit of guidance. I have looked in the Flight1 Ultimate Traffic folder, but can't find AFCADs.

Are they in the form of config.files as with FSX.cfg in notebook format with a whole list of entries?

If you can give me some directions as to finding them and how to edit I could give it a go.

Thanks

deecee