MyTraffic 2010 Freezes

limpingduck1

Hi. I just purchased my traffic 2010 for fsx, and I cant get five minutes ino a free flight before fsx encounters a fatal error and shuts down. This troubles me because I get thirty fps on ultra high, and yet it still seems to crash while at more conservative settings.

Here are my specs:

Intel Pentium e6300 @2.8GHz

2 gb corsair ddr2

Windows 7 professional 64 bit

XFX Radeon 4650

• 3 weeks later...

Hello limpingduck1,

Does this happen with one particular aircraft if so please try flying a default aircraft, please try the same situation at midnight.

Please try disabling all 3rd party sceneries in the scenery library and then again check. Something in your setup is causing this to happen an its a case of trying to find which it is.

with ai at zero, everything works fine

We once or twice had a case where files that got bad on the disk ( disk hardware errors, virus protection vandalism )caused FSX to crash.

Rename the folder MyTraffic\aircraft folder to aircraft1, then no aircraft can be loaded. Put the traffic slider up. If now you have a crash the files in MyTraffic\scenery just have got bad.

If this works now, create a folder aircraft and move let us say the folder A343MX over to this. Now check at Frankfurt if there are some LH A340-300. If yes, than all is working, and you can pull over more folders in groups until the crashes start again, then you have isolated a bad file.

I assume you have updated the video drivers, drivers that come on DVDs with the hardware are known to have issues.

• 2 weeks later...