Dutch Harbour - an aviation adventure

horst18519

This is for no apparent reason, just some research for, erm, some future, erm, projects. :D

Interesting!

I certainly enjoyed the FSX Dutch Harbour mission, very challenging and I now have the urge to go fly it again after looking at those video's :P

This is for no apparent reason, just some research for, erm, some future, erm, projects. :D

Are you by any chance implying that we'll finally have some American airports from Aerosoft? If so, this is great news!

It's just that she was the only reason why I didn't completely fell in love with this part of america yet. ;)

I'd like to do a lot more sceneries there, but a) it's tough to get material and B) Holger Sandmann+co are already doing lots of good sceneries in Alaska.

• Upvote 1

I hope any project you develop here would include much of the Aleutian Islands. Since there is little there it wouldn't add much to the workload. After all you have to fly somewhere from Unalaska.

It sounds like Alaska is somewhere in the pipeline for Orbx. But like Holger's and John's Victoria+ and Vancouver+ it could still be complementary to any future Orbx project if it added enough custom objects and detailed airports.

If you do Unalaska please be sure to at least include the old bishop's house and the Russian Cathedral. You would have to as there isn't much else of note in town.

The addon will cover the "Fox Islands" as well as the "Islands of Four Mountains", so there will be other destinations as well, but only one airport that deserves this name. :D

Prominent landmarks will of course be included, the Gran Aleutian, the orthodox churches, the WWII bunkers,...

The addon will cover the "Fox Islands" as well as the "Islands of Four Mountains", so there will be other destinations as well, but only one airport that deserves this name. :D

Prominent landmarks will of course be included, the Gran Aleutian, the orthodox churches, the WWII bunkers,...

Sounds good.

Please include a mission or two, we dont seem to get them anymore?

I guess that's a NO?

• Upvote 1

The addon will cover the "Fox Islands" as well as the "Islands of Four Mountains", so there will be other destinations as well, but only one airport that deserves this name. biggrin.gif

This will be on my short list. Looks like some good progess has been made already.

• 3 weeks later...

Thorsten,

If you're ever looking for beta testers on this project I would really like to be concidered. The Aleution Islands, along with the Florida Keys and Cape Cod, is one of areas that I have been wishing someone would make a scenery area for quite some time.

I was listening to your past interview on FSBreak this morning and have to say that I share your appeal of out of the way places. Especially ones that have challenging flying characteristics.