Aerosoft Flight Simulator

Guest pao

Dear Aerosoft team,

I have just tries a racing game called Colin McRae Dirt 2. After a few minutes I realized how this game was amazing in term of graphics (something I've never seen before)... I was indeed wondering if the same level of realism could be apply to a flight simulator... to be frank, I've been quite disapointed by the Rise of Flights graphics (too boring and less stunning that Orbx graphics for FSX for example)...

Thank you

Greg

• Upvote 2

Greg,

I was curious if anyone would bring up a CodeMasters project. The engine in Dirt 2 is a form of an engine called Ego. The same (or similar) engine is used in another game that I got a few months ago called Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising. The graphics in that game are good too, and you can do some Helicopter flying in that game as part of missions. The interesting thing about OP2 is that you are only bound to the island the game is based on. While I have not tried it, in theory you could travel from one side to the other within the same mission.

Check out YouTube for videos. I am sure the flight characteristics of the vehicles are not accurate, but it looks nice.

Phil

• Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...

I agree, Dirt 2 is an amazingly well built game. Codemasters really have their stuff together! If Aerosoft can organize a studio to produce games like codemasters that would be amazing! I know you can't compare a racing game to a simulator but creating the right conditions for an efficient productive studio is key....

If Aerosoft is serious about a simulator they should start small. Perhaps a simulator with a couple planes and a small chunk of land. Creating something on the scale of fsx is absurd. The amount of work would take a good 10 years….

• Upvote 1

• 5 months later...

I would say that when releasing a new flight simulator it should include the best parts of the world with super realism, fully covered and in high definition. For instance, Maldives is the best destination chosen by most tourists. Indeed, most knows Maldives by “The Paradise”.

• Upvote 3

Personally, If they include dx11 support (which is it will im guessing) would be amazing, but gotta remember they are building a Flight simulator and to get it right. unlike MS takes alot of time. personally i'd like to see this game well optimized for the PC right out of the Box. which no doubt it will be.

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

Finally a new flight simulator,

Well Thanks Aerosoft for offering new perspective thought it would never come. Well I have quite an extensive wish list but I don't have those things now on hand I just joined the forum. I'll just say what I have now in mind. I wonder how many of us are really tired of flying around in 'empty aircraft ' I mean no visible passengers or flight crew(where applicable) for that matter. Imagine right now in FSX all these beautiful jetliners and buisness jets interiors free & payware. Just step inside and have a virtual stroll down the cabin and have a seat look around you...... exactly, and no else is coming on board either. Man it makes me sick just to see how the FS community worldwide just accepted this for so long. Now recently a few developers both free & payware try to adress this issue rather poorley like putting a flight attendant here & there maybe a co-pilot & that's all.

My question is does technology stand in the way of really creating fully (passenger & flightcrew) annimated cockpits and cabins or is it that we are satisfied with empty aircraft? One of my main request to Aerosoft is to please adress this issue(even now in FSX with an addon) this should be standard for all aircraft with the option for the user to populate the aircraft as desired ranging from empty to full. Special possibilities to choose gender and ethnicity of

co-pilot/captain & cabin crew, for passengers this is more tedious. This all via a pulldown menu or some kind of config. util. This will add yet another layer of realism and life like atmosphere and please; realistic 3D models . On small aircraft this adding of occupants is much easier of course.

When an aircraft is in take off mode or taxiing, everyone seated after take off and cabin signs off, we have movement around the cabin of passengers and cabin personel. Some passengers walk around some sit, all movements random & independant of each other. Not forgetting flight attendants with trolleys etc. of course.

On landing (after cabin signs on) everyone seated. There is alot more I wish for as I said but I leave it at that for now. ' Keeping it real'....... New motto maybe?

Thanks

• Upvote 2

Well, last time I checked, the working title of this project was Aerosoft Flight Simulator 2013, not Aerosoft Cabin Simulator 2013. While ethnically diverse passengers that independently move about the cabin sounds like quite complex a problem (and would justify a simulation in its own right), not to mention the performance overhead, it contributes nothing at all to the experience of flight. Now if you'd been talking about the shifting center of gravity caused by wandering passengers... When I check out a new aircraft add-on and notice a nicely modeled virtual cabin, I think to myself, how cute. But after that single moment, I spend exactly 0% of the time in the cabin - just like real pilots tend to stay in the cockpit. In fact, real simulators don't even have cabins...

Judith

• Upvote 7

forget it. before aerosoft releases their fligt sim. we're gonna have the next flight sim by microsoft or another developer. maybe by outerra. if you see how long they take to develop a low simulated airbus, what do you thing how much time they would need to create a whole world and simulator basis for add-ons which is compareable with the fsx. 2012 is really optimistic and unrealistic. i would say 2016 or never. they're are far away of wishlists etc. they're thinking of doing it or not. when the big m of seattle is coming with a new sim and aerosoft is in mid-developing, they will be really f**** up.

forget it. before aerosoft releases their fligt sim. we're gonna have the next flight sim by microsoft or another developer. maybe by outerra. if you see how long they take to develop a low simulated airbus, what do you thing how much time they would need to create a whole world and simulator basis for add-ons which is compareable with the fsx. 2012 is really optimistic and unrealistic. i would say 2016 or never. they're are far away of wishlists etc. they're thinking of doing it or not. when the big m of seattle is coming with a new sim and aerosoft is in mid-developing, they will be really f**** up.

Well come down, first of all microsoft have stopped fs projects as far as i know. We should remember this is an expencive project and takes time to get things running and there are many things to pay attention to, would there be a big enough market to pay the work, and give the coustomers what they want. If you was starting this how would you do ? i just ask we still have economical problems the world over. Things works very slow and i know, tryeid to become pilot but there was a problem the bank. Also you mabee have to find the guys ho knows how to do such a project. And yes it takes time to create it, i know as i have been working on project Billund X and if you tryeid it your self you would se how far you get and how many times you have to start all over again. But this is far the same as creating a simulator just to get perspektive. but i could bee there would get some new simulator out before this but i am sure aerosoft have the power to create a project that would be better then FSX.

sorry the english

best regards Lars N. :-)

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think so, Aerosoft is the only Devolopler which could make a sophisticated Simulator. But what I really like to have like in FSX and other that I can choose ALL AIRPORTS on the world. And I think it's not matter if an other Company would make a Flightsimulator because how you can see, the Aerosoft Flightsimulator will be a very good because they ''make'' it with the Flightsimmers. But I hope that the Aerosoft Simulator will be more realistic because I can open a door in 30.000Feets and nothing will happen.

Best Regards

I don't think so, Aerosoft is the only Devolopler which could make a sophisticated Simulator. But what I really like to have like in FSX and other that I can choose ALL AIRPORTS on the world. And I think it's not matter if an other Company would make a Flightsimulator because how you can see, the Aerosoft Flightsimulator will be a very good because they ''make'' it with the Flightsimmers. But I hope that the Aerosoft Simulator will be more realistic because I can open a door in 30.000Feets and nothing will happen.

Best Regards

FSX included most of the airports, so I would expect Aerosoft to include all of the airports. Even if they miss a few, we can add them in later as addon airports.

However, I agree with the second issue. If we have a door open at 30,000 ft, then we need to have explosive decompression. If FSX can have Engine stress as one of the failures, then it shouldn't be hard to implement explosive decompression at above 6,000-8,000 feet, depending on the plane.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...