AES Editor

Hi Oliver (and others),

I know the idea of being able to edit chosen airports for AES use had shown up in this forum more than once. The main reason seems to be the fact that Oliver is just one person, having other professional projects and (probably) a family, so he cannot prepare all airports we would love him to. And it will never be possible, I'm afraid, which is a pity since some really interesting (to some) airports will miss this great feature.

I also understand that the main point against creating an open AES editor is the way Oliver gets payment from selling AES credit packs. However, I am thinking loud whether it might be possible anyway. Releasing such an editor could also bring regular profits for its creator on the following (just an example) rules:

1. The editor might (or not) be a payware product itself

2. to activate the self-edited airport we would need to assign credits anyway (used from the bought credit packs) - maybe fewer than for ready ones

3. Even user-shared (via AVSIM or Aerosoft itself) ready AES packs would require credit-based activation by other simmers.

That would bring Oliver the well-deserved profit while at the same time we could AES any airports we wish.

I guess the main technical problem (which Oliver mentioned many times on various occassions) would be the proper jetway animation (assigning taxi paths and stands coordinates doesn't seem hard with AFCAD or the features the editor would offer). So maybe, until a better solution is found, this single feature would be possible only for some sceneries (where their authors make or remake them with AES compatibility in mind). All the rest could work.

Would you consider that, Oliver?

to activate the self-edited airport we would need to assign credits anyway (used from the bought credit packs)

Those credits we assign are how Oliver gets paid for his work on the airport. If we're doing the work, why would we pay Oliver, especially if the editor was a payare product?

• Developer

Those credits we assign are how Oliver gets paid for his work on the airport. If we're doing the work, why would we pay Oliver, especially if the editor was a payare product?

And who provides you the code, which makes it possible to run your edits? Think about that. The configuration data are only one part of the games.

Guest vbdriver

Oliver

I'll pay in whatever manner you think would bring Rafal's ideas of an editor to many of us who fly downunder and in NZ where there are some great airport add-ons thru designers like Orbx & Real NZ !

I "fly" regional jets like the feelthere E170 to many airports without jetways such as Coffs Harbour (YSCH) and Launceston (YMLT).

As a guess, my list of non-jetway add-ons would total at least 10.

I look forward to hearing your comments.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest vbdriver

Oliver

Further to my earlier post, I have been thinking more about an AES Lite rather than the mentioned editor - and wonder how it may interest you.

As best I understand from reading this forum and noting "your work / association" on such aircraft as the recently released Simcheck A300, it seems feasible to "design / offer" basic software which provides various animated stairs & other ground vehicles (but not follow me vehicles, push in, push back, de-icing etc.) to different configured (jet) aircraft at all airports.

I "guess" one could extract a gate's coords from an Afcad and load that along with the selected aircraft / ground vehicles into "AES Lite" - if that's how it might work (??).

How you might market it is your call - credits per aircraft per gate after an initial charge would work for me (on average I might set up 3 gates at 15 airports per aircraft).

I look forward to your thoughts