what other games do you play

• Aerosoft

Not too serious but we like to find out what other games you guys (girls) like. It gives us a bit better idea of the customer.

Next to FSX and a bit of Xplane and FS2004, I use Fighter Ace, Close Combat a lot. Of course there is a solid collection of Xbox games in our household and I got to say that I do like Modern Warfare 2 a lot, though it is a bit to bloody for my taste.

So what games do you play?

Not too serious but we like to find out what other games you guys (girls) like. It gives us a bit better idea of the customer.

Next to FSX and a bit of Xplane and FS2004, I use Fighter Ace, Close Combat a lot. Of course there is a solid collection of Xbox games in our household and I got to say that I do like Modern Warfare 2 a lot, though it is a bit to bloody for my taste.

So what games do you play?

Call Of Duty Modern Warefare 2 is an awesome game!! I also play racing games such as Need For Speed.

• Upvote 1

I became interested in Flight Simulation because of my long time history with CRPGs. I loved the sandbox ones most (the ones that don't tell you what you have to do or where to go, but give you a lot of freedom - The Elder Scroll Series (Morrowind, Oblivion) is a good example for that). In FSX, I have a whole world for myself, and that's the reason why I play FSX 90% of the time.

Other games I am playing right now are Torchlight, Dragon Age and Total War.

Mostly action games or just games which are known to have a great storyline, I also pay attention to games with great ingame music.

Here is a little collection:

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 1 + 2, World at War

Medal of Honor

GTA IV

NFS: Shift

Colin McRae: Dirt

TDU

Gothic 1 + 2 (3 sucked)

Risen

I might find myself every now and then behind a red star equipped aircraft in IL2 1946 over the Karelian Isthmus (the best aircraft simulator ever btw, if only FSX could be like that...). But I also play Hearts of Iron 3, TDU, CIV4 and finally to calm my nerves SH3.

I play a lot:

DCS: Black Shark

Wings of Prey

Left 4 Dead 2

Tem Fortress 2

Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X

X3

ARMA 2

And of course my beloved FSX (In fact i don´t put it in the "games" category)

I don't play games! I'm an old fart and only use FSX so I can travel the world from my armchair :rolleyes: Mainly because I can't fly for real, haven't got the money for plane tickets or hotels, and it's too cold in places like Austria at this time of year anyway :lol:

I used to play Jedi Knight Jedi Academy before my PC blew a hissy fit and I threw it out the door (busting pretty much everything inside it). Bought a new one and now FSX is the only software on it :unsure:

Tony

• Upvote 1

I would say FSX is 50% of my PC time.

I am more the RPG styple here, (Gothic, Drakensang, etc..) Maybe this is why I do like missions btw. Done some MOORPH but they eat to much time. Cannot be bothered with FPS and I think RTS are all the same. ARMA was good though. Civilisation and Puzzle Quest on DS when I travel.

expected next purchases: mass effect 2 and might and magic: clash of chaos on DS

make me think I should try the aerosoft african avantures one of those.

• Upvote 1

I use FSX, X-Plane 9, and RoF. I enjoy IL2 Forgotten Battles, but I haven't installed it on my new PC. I don't really get into non-FS games. I used to play some non-FS games; for example, NASCAR Sim Racing, Age of Sail II Privateer's Bounty, Hearts of Iron 2, etc. But I didn't play these often, and I have only flight sims on my new PC. I'm starting to get disgusted with FSX. (That started when I got RoF and saw what a flight sim should be.) FSX is just too outdated for me now. I have some great add-on aircraft for FSX, but the awful default scenery spoils it. It's hard to find add-on scenery for the areas in which I fly.

Besides FSX of course (FS9 is in retirement and but a fond memory for me now) I play ...

RoF ... bought this from the Aerosoft site about September, sat on it for a couple of months and just before Christmas decided to sit down and dedicate an evening to it, glad I did, its a wonderful sim with a good future. I've bought 4 extra RoF Aircraft now and plan to buy more.

DCS Black Shark ... Bought this about the same time as RoF but I'm still *mostly* sitting on it, but do see me getting deep into it ... it has an arcade mode that I refuse to get lured into, been looking for the Spiral bound manual (I hate PDF manuals even printed out) that always goes in stock on Amazon and days later when I can afford it goes out of stock ... when I do get this manual I'll set aside an evening for DCS Black Shark, steep learning curve is what I expect, but I like that sometimes. DCS A-10 coming out later this year and I'll not be buying that until I'm very proficient with Black Shark.

I'm looking forward to Oleg's Storm of War BoB Sim and also Aerosofts Sim ... its nice to have stuff like this to look forward to :)

Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl ... I actually got this with a video card purchase, installed it, patched it, looked at it but forgot about it until recently, just last week I got past the early game hurdles that bored me, and its now very addictive, very atmospheric and I've ordered the follow up Stalker Clear Skies and look forward to Stalker Call of Pripyat once its out.

I'm looking forward to Thief 4 this year after enjoying all the ones before (especially Thief 1 and 2) would love to see a modern System Shock and Ultima Underworld games that I used to love and stay up until the wee small hours playing.

I mess about with some Motorcycle racing games once in a while, MotoGP 2008 and SBK08 I did a spot of of amateur motorcycle racing in the 80's and find these games fun, at least until the 2010 WSB, MotoGP and BSB season starts up in the spring to follow on TV. I like Strategy games like Civilisation and Total War, Rome Total War is my favourite.

I also play Chess and keep a version of it on the 4 computers in the house, did some prolonged online free Chess a few years ago, must get back into that.

• Upvote 1

Okay this is a really action filled online game. And its funny to.

Team fortress 2 . I think this game is something, that really can keep

you awake. I didn`t think it could be something for me, i`m 45 you see.

Michael (Denmark)

I use FSX, X-Plane 9, and RoF. I enjoy IL2 Forgotten Battles, but I haven't installed it on my new PC. I don't really get into non-FS games. I used to play some non-FS games; for example, NASCAR Sim Racing, Age of Sail II Privateer's Bounty, Hearts of Iron 2, etc. But I didn't play these often, and I have only flight sims on my new PC. I'm starting to get disgusted with FSX. (That started when I got RoF and saw what a flight sim should be.) FSX is just too outdated for me now. I have some great add-on aircraft for FSX, but the awful default scenery spoils it. It's hard to find add-on scenery for the areas in which I fly.

agreed. i just wish they used larger areas of scenery images. its really weird to see the same darn 3 fields repeated diagonally for miles or patches of city in the middle of forest. when flying at high altitude. with REX2 at the water and clouds are pleasing, but i hate seeing the same satelite image pieced together to look like a giant carpet. honestly wouldnt it be easier to use photoreal textures instead of pasting forest textures where there is forest and city textures in any generic mid sized town, desert in desert, 3 fields where there is farmland. the field textures look ok in low altitude vfr but it looks nasty high up. bush flying would be so much more fun if moutains werent the same lumpy pine tree texture with scattered trees here and there. anywaaay enough moaning, i still like it with my addons :P

i have a bunch of PS2 games, and fsx is pretty much it. i have WoS but driving trains through dark tunnels is rather dull :P

What I play most to what I play least.

FS9 (DUH)

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2

Counter Strike Source

Race Driver GRID

NFS Undercover (haven't beat the game yet)

NFS-Shift

Tom Clancy's Hawx

Roller Coaster Tycoon 2. (still hooked on that old game for years)

FYI, I beat Tom Clancy's Vegas 2 back in Sept last year. Took 2 months. I beat MW2 week before last and it only took 1 week. So I just go online now. My Clan name is |R.N.3|** newmanix which includes my Dad, youngest brother and a friend. I am also newmanix on CS: Source with the N00B Salad clan for 3 years now.

But on a average week, all I have time for is FS and MW2.

Currently replaying GTAIV... picked it up because it was on Steam. I like software that follows me wherever I go, I'm not good with physical media... :)

Untill your internet conncetion goes out... Or you find your self in a place where internet bandwith is too low or expensive. I used th have CS: Source on my laptop. It ran GREAT! But I could only play at home. It's on my desktop so there is no need... So if I am in an airport or onboard a plane, it doesn't go with me every I go does it?

Beside FS I sometimes play against my chess program.

But mostly this makes me angry, because this program is winning in 9 of 10 cases,

and unlike me it seems to learn by its errors ... :huh:

Beside FS I sometimes play against my chess program.

But mostly this makes me angry, because this program is winning in 9 of 10 cases,

and unlike me it seems to learn by its errors ... :huh:

Try free online play against humans, I've not used it in a while but used Red Hot Pawn a few years back (really must get back into it)you can choose from skill groups, beginner to advanced, choose frequency of play, IE, every three days for a move as a maximum was comfortable for me, even made a good few online friends with opponents from all over the world, you can chat back and forth in real time should you wish.

I actually learnt more about Chess strategy using this free service than I did with the many chess programs I've bought over the years.

The better question would be what games don't I play! We have 4 very high end computers (actually five but thats a Linux test box) all tied together in a network, and the screams from various parts of the house as I and the kids face off can get pretty wild. Not to mention the kids buy anything with buzz right off the bat, sometimes staying out overnight in front of Best-buy to get it. If that is not enough we have every single gaming system made, not to mention the other toys. I think we are trying to beat the Jetsons. :blink:

Current general favorites are FSX of course.

Wings of Prey

Call of Duty (various versions)

Grand theft auto (various versions)

Cry-sis

Cry-sis Warhead

GRID

Batman Arkham asylum

Mass Effect 1 and now 2

Free space 1 and 2 (with SCP)

Assassins Creed

X3 and X3 Reunion

Prototype

Oblivion (this game will never die!)

X-plane (I keep going back thinking it will be better or I will be smarter, and........ Its never any more fun)

Medal of Honor Airborne

Dead Space

ETC.......... One Gig hard drives are the minimum size in the household, so nobody ever really bothers deleting anything, which means that the games can pile up over a few years. I guess you could call us a fully electronic household!!! :P