Saitek pro flight yoke and pedals

Dotsalgon

Hello there..

Today I just had my first flight with the yoke and the pedals. I've been on the simulation since 1995 and I don't know why I didn't had this expirience before. Anyway... my point and question is... Is anyone else using this? and if so.. how to set it up? Quite difficult for me... And also today was the first time I saw different kind of brakes.. when I pussed the brakes with the pedals it said "Differential Brakes" (??) :blink:

I know that this does not concern Aerosoft... But since there are a lot of experienced users here I would like your thoughts..

Regards,

Dot...

• Upvote 1

Hello,

I use the Saitek yoke, throttle and pedal too, and i must say that it is a complete revolution for me as well . And i don't know why i didn't buy them before !

About the "differential brakes" message, it means that you can use, like the real aircraft, individually right or left brake pedal . Very useful for some aircrafts, to shorten angle of turn ( try it with B747-200 from cls heavily loaded and you will see ).

Regards

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello there..

Today I just had my first flight with the yoke and the pedals. I've been on the simulation since 1995 and I don't know why I didn't had this expirience before. Anyway... my point and question is... Is anyone else using this? and if so.. how to set it up? Quite difficult for me... And also today was the first time I saw different kind of brakes.. when I pussed the brakes with the pedals it said "Differential Brakes" (??) blink.gif

I know that this does not concern Aerosoft... But since there are a lot of experienced users here I would like your thoughts..

Regards,

Dot...

To install and set up the controls, just carefully follow the instructions that should have come with them. The manufacturer's website is a big help if you lost the instructions or need newer drivers. Assigning functions is done within FS or you can use a utility provided by the manufacturer. I suggest doing it within FS, so if you have issues, you won't have to guess if it's caused by FS or the utility. Once you gain experience, use the utility if you wish.

The "Differential Brakes" message means you're applying unequal pressure to the brake pedals (accidently or on purpose). As a previous reply noted, you can intentially use differential brakes to tighten a turn while also slowing down. In your case, I believe you're wondering why the message appeared when you had never seen it before. The likely answer is you were accidentally "dragging" a brake while taxiing. Learning to keep your toes off the brakes takes some getting used to but I assure you student pilots in real aircraft have the same issue. If it's in flight, you're again dragging a brake (no big deal, but the message is annoying) OR your brakes are out of calibration. Or both.

In any event, treat yourself by downloading and buying (registering) a copy of Pete Dawson's "FSUIPC" and you'll be able to properly calibrate your new control setup. After you do, you'll re-wonder all over again why you didn't do this a long time ago.