LSZS Flyoff

B21

There's a new soaring mission from Spud:

LSZS Flyoff

Here's Spud's description:

It's the final day of the race! The field of 469 pilots has been reduced to the final 5. It's a head to head race, timed start, and all five pilots race around the course at the same time. It's a short course, the fastest time recorded so far is 32:48.9

Pre-installation required ( available at virtualsoaring.org )

Soar DG808S

CumulusX

sim_logger

A big thank you to the respective authors - without these this mission would not be possible!

With the recent release of sim_logger ( igc recorder/re-play ) we can now have other sailplanes flying in a race at the same time that we are!

The mission starts 5 minutes before the start of the race, you are in the air with 4 other sailplanes on the ridge. Work the ridge, gain altitude and wait for the pre-race timer to count down. Don't cross the start line too early or it's game over. It's a 33 minute drag race, there is no time to make up for a mistake, so don't make any!

The download link (requires registration I think) is

http://www.flightsimulatorxmissions.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=search&query=spud

B21

Also read the rest of the topic that B21 refers to. There is also a zip file downloadable with IGC's of simsoarers that flew the mission before. Once downloaded and extracted in the right folder, you can compete with them while flying the mission.

Bert

here is a direct link to the folder

http://www.box.net/shared/o0ibtoidpu

the zip of the race is named LszsFlyoff.zip

the mission comes with 4 igcs ( the first 4 times i flew the course )

when you can beat thoes guys and want real race

download LszsIgc.zip

in fsx...missions\soaring\lszs\mission are the igc files

delete the 4 vspud files and extract the files from lszsigcs.zip into that folder

hodge (H07) has the best time so far

• 4 months later...

Hello

Just gave this a try. Wonderful Task thanks for this!

My best Time I did in my 2nd try: 30min 38,6 sec. But i will work on it I think there´s some potential. BTW is there a chance to get an red clue on the DG?

Down below you find a zip with the IGC and an bmp with the tTime

greetings

Martin

Edit: Dear childs don´t try this at Home! :lol: I´ve been a little bit to deep in the last 2 miles.

2010-6-10_12-48-0-224.BMP

VSORG_Mission_2010-06-10by rammi.zip