Aerosoft A-321/320 project liveries

not too good. We have been told to concentrate on 2 or 3 paints for the time being, and to finish the rest once we are done with those (probably withing a week of the product releasing)

btw how would you guys like it?

i have almost finished the following paints so far:

1- Finnair

2- USairways

3- The Simpsons Fictional repaint (COMPLETELY FINISHED)

4- SAS (except the logo color - i cant get it right)

and i have completed 40% of work on

5- Kingfisher Airlines

why dont you guys pick which 3 you would like most first, and i will do the rest later

oh and btw, if you want screenshots of ANY of the above mentioned liveries (or the work i have done so far) please feel free to ask here

not too good. We have been told to concentrate on 2 or 3 paints for the time being, and to finish the rest once we are done with those (probably withing a week of the product releasing)

btw how would you guys like it?

i have almost finished the following paints so far:

1- Finnair

2- USairways

3- The Simpsons Fictional repaint (COMPLETELY FINISHED)

4- SAS (except the logo color - i cant get it right)

and i have completed 40% of work on

5- Kingfisher Airlines

why dont you guys pick which 3 you would like most first, and i will do the rest later

oh and btw, if you want screenshots of ANY of the above mentioned liveries (or the work i have done so far) please feel free to ask here

I would say US Airways, The Simpsons (since you finished it !) and SAS of course !!! (frankly speaking the one I am very interested in flying is the Air Ivoire one !!!!! But I think Yankee took care of it :rolleyes:

Greg

Here are couple of screenies from the simpsons repaint :

2010216161432875.jpg

201021616141868.jpg

do you guys want screenshots of any other repaints?

btw i AM considering making a Israir repaint.

are there any high resolution logos out there? wikipedia and a few other sites that i found only have it in tiny res, or only the israeili text (not the english text, which i also need)

• Upvote 3

Hi Gauro,

By the way where all these repaints (especially the Air Ivoire one ) will be available upon the aircraft release ? On flightsim, avsim or somewhere else ?

Thank you

Greg

Here are couple of screenies from the simpsons repaint :

do you guys want screenshots of any other repaints?

Jo

btw i AM considering making a Israir repaint.

are there any high resolution logos out there? wikipedia and a few other sites that i found only have it in tiny res, or only the israeili text (not the english text, which i also need)

Hi Jo,

Can you explain why there is an AIRFRANCE and something that looks like an OBAMA logo on the fuselage whereas the aircraft is registed in Germany ?

Greg

Hi everybody,

There is something that I think could be improved on these liveries : the edge of the engine nacelles... it looks very dark grey and too shiny.. I think the real aircraft has a kind of lighter mat polished look. Am I wrong ?

Thanks

Greg

don´t worry! Still not finished ;)

oelbb3.jpg

Very nice but I think the wing grey is too dark compare to reality and the same apply to the engine nacelle (it should be more mat polished light grey).

Just to be perfect !!

Greg

• Upvote 1

Hi Gauro,

By the way where all these repaints (especially the Air Ivoire one ) will be available upon the aircraft release ? On flightsim, avsim or somewhere else ?

Thank you

Greg

Whatever mathjis decides, but i/we hope it will be released with the plane (included in the package), or atleast on the aerosoft website (something like what PMDG has for liveries)

Hi Jo,

Can you explain why there is an AIRFRANCE and something that looks like an OBAMA logo on the fuselage whereas the aircraft is registed in Germany ?

Greg

Dont really know, i just put them on as i thought it looked good. if you guys want, i can move/replace them.

Hi everybody,

There is something that I think could be improved on these liveries : the edge of the engine nacelles...  it looks very dark grey and too shiny.. I think the real aircraft has a kind of lighter mat polished look. Am I wrong ?

Thanks

Greg

I noticed the same thing, and no matter how much i looked, i could not find the place where they should be painted.

Hi Gauro,

Thank you

Greg

Whether or not these paints will be included in the package is up to Matthijs. He said he only wanted two per painter, so we'll see.

If he thinks they are not good enough, they won't be in the package, but in that case I'll upload them elsewhere soon after the release, together with the others I did.

My paints so far are all for the A321: Aigle Azur, Air Canada, Air Astana, Air Ivoire, Air India, Air Mediterranee, Egyptair, Nouvelair, Qatar, TAM and TAP, screenshots are to be found throughout this thread.

well OK, one more:

a7319.jpg

We have not seen a A320 yet, so no paints for that one (yet?). If/when it comes, I'd like to do a Tiger paint, but beyond that, I have no plans for any further Airbus paints.

As for engines not having the right colors etc. these colors come with the paintkit, so I assume they are right. If not, I'm sure Matthijs will comment and change them. I am no expert on tube colors, so I'm not changing anything..

and now back to the B-25! and maybe another Catalina...

Cheers,

Jan Kees

• Upvote 2

Nothing much to add to Jan Kees's post above except to add my list of repaints :

Aer Lingus , Air Jamaica ( 2 versions ) , Atlas - Blue , Czech Airlines , Dragonair , LTU , Monarch ( old & new livery ) , Onur Air ( old & new livery , plus Aero -Lloyd transition livery ) and Vietnam Airlines . This can also be doubled with a " clean " & " dirty " version .

Someone also commented on the upper wing colours , but also as Jan Kees stated we are working with the paintkit as supplied by Aerosoft and for repaints we have to rely on sites such as Airliners.net for source material . Most often photo's of aircraft are taken from the side or below , so we don't normally see the upper surface and to base the colour on 1 or 2 photo's is not enough ( take into account the time of day - were filters used - into the sun - reflections from the aircraft - etc , etc - in short there are too many factors ) .

John

As for engines not having the right colors etc. these colors come with the paintkit, so I assume they are right. If not, I'm sure Matthijs will comment and change them. I am no expert on tube colors, so I'm not changing anything....

Cheers,

Jan Kees

Mathijs, do you think the engine edge color could be lighter because the dark grey does not really reflect reality and painters can't change it.. ? (the same apply to the wing center which is based on comparison shots very much too dark...)

Thank you

Greg