Simmers from Peru wanted!

horst18519

would be nice ThoRe if this airport would be next or is it the same? my brother sent me this a while ago and I can't remember what the name was

post-29691-127335713733_thumb.jpg

Interesting project!

If it is FSX only, will there be some differences (e.g. in terms of ground texture resolution) compared to the FS9/FSX Cuzco that is already out there?

(I have had an eye on the competitors addon, but this might make me wait :rolleyes: )

Thanks

Manuel

Well I certainly won't write "the other addon is crap" here :D but I hope to give a more realistic feeling of the city and the airport. Of course you have to keep in mind that the most interesting part of the airport is not included in the VFR-Latin addon: the runway slope.

I can tell you that i know the LatinVFR designer and this is one of his first projects which is why it may not show all of the details your looking into. However, L-VFR has moved onwards a lot and made some amazing stuff!

If you want to look at his sloped runway work, look at his Sucre in Bolivia! It has some big slopes in it and the scenery is very good!

Also i know that his next project is Santiago in Chile and it is looking amazing! Check out some shots for yourself....... (coming to FS2004 and FSX soon!)

http://www.flycay.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2735

I also would like to say that he is just one man trying to make some money in the FS world and is always getting better. Infact he has stated that if he ever gets the time and can allow himself to take some time off new projects, he would like to go back to update his Cayman Islands and Cuzco projects. However they wont bring in more sales as a new project would.

As I said, I won't say anything about the quality of VFRLatin addons. The new Sucre addon sure looks good. :)

If you talk to him, tell him that his work is highly appreciated as there's still very few good scenery for South America. But I'm sure a new version of SPZO would not make much sense as we're rather close to release our own SPZO addon. ;)

As I said, I won't say anything about the quality of VFRLatin addons. The new Sucre addon sure looks good. :)

If you talk to him, tell him that his work is highly appreciated as there's still very few good scenery for South America. But I'm sure a new version of SPZO would not make much sense as we're rather close to release our own SPZO addon. ;)

haha well i had a little chuckle with you "i wont say anything about the quality of VFRLatin addons" and then you "the new sucre addon sure looks good". Isnt that saying something about them?? haha!:lol::rolleyes:

Will tell him and im sure he wont be too unhappy.... as i said before it was one of his first products, and im sure you can see that he has definately got better as the newer projects have come out. I will pass on your words to!

• 3 weeks later...

Just to let you know that this project is not dead but in fact very much alive and soon to be released. Now I need your help:

Who wants to join the beta team, we're looking for another 3-4 people who're interested in testing this FSX-only addon and give us some feedback in the tester's forum?

Send me a Private Message or a mail to support@aerosoft.com with the subject "Cusco Beta Tester" and your forum user name and real name.

Thanks!

ThoRe shouldn't you supposed to work on Iceland scenery?

are the matchu pitchu and similar ruins going to be modelled?

Etienne

You know, what I always greatrly valued with LatinVFR is that he does FS9 versions too. I'm not sure, but what is it in this Cusco scenery that doesn't work in FS9? I mean, it doesn't seem to offer more features than LatinVFR's Sucre scenery, and that one is for FS9 and FSX. How is this Cusco scenery different?

It does offer more features. For example the far better modeled bumpy runway, great textures everywhere and very high framerate with all right. There will be enough reasons to buy this one. I think one of the reasons why there´s no FS9-version is, because it´s a "simple" low cost product.

regards

Max

ThoRe shouldn't you supposed to work on Iceland scenery?

are the matchu pitchu and similar ruins going to be modelled?

Etienne

Just realized the Matchu pitchu is detailled as a building in Google Earth, therefore importable in FSX, maybe not needed then. Etien

Forget that, it isnt downloaded... bah... So some modelling to do.

It does offer more features. For example the far better modeled bumpy runway, great textures everywhere and very high framerate with all right. There will be enough reasons to buy this one. I think one of the reasons why there´s no FS9-version is, because it´s a "simple" low cost product.

regards

Max

To be honest, the FSX version of LatinVFR's Sucre also has great textures (the FS9 also, to a great extent) and very high framereates, and I think the sloped runway is modeled quite well. It's not perfect, but it works quite well me thinks. So, these are not more features than Sucre has. Besides, Sucre cost 16 Euros for both FS9 and FSX, which is very low cost given the amount of fun and pleasure you cna get out of it...

Look, I'm not trying to force out a FS9 version, but I simply don't see the great differences between LatinVFR's Sucre scenery and this Cusco scenery that makes it impossible to make a FS9 version out of it. What exactly is the problem here with this Cusco scenery that a FS9 version can't be made, when LatinVFR makes a fine FS9 version from their Sucre scenery?

Really the main reason a FS9 version isn't possible is due to the way the scenery has been designed, using a high resolution mesh for the runway and having the runway texture being put on top of that (Like a lot of the smaller OZx fields,) and the required resolution is higher than what can be done in FS9. FS9 max mesh res: 19Meters. FSX max mesh res: 1Meter.

I quite well understand the technical aspect of scenery and aircraft design but have never had a chance to execute any ideas for a design.

Oh and are there still any spots open for beta testing on this one?

Aaah, okay, that explains it. The way LatinVFR did it is completely different then, and while it seems much more complicated to me, it is something one can use in both FS9 and FSX. Okay, so that's cleared up now, thanks.

I will not say anything about FS9 v FSX (we've said it all years ago), but will delete everything that will be said about it in this topic.

But of course we would not create a Cusco addon if it would not deliver things that are better than in the VFRLatin version. That would not make any sense, would it? ;)