2010 FS9 still tops freeware downloads on all FS sites...

Dillon

Ok Mathijs, here is some facts that you and Oliver might find funny.

Even if I did have the skill and money to have my own development team, you might be surprised to know that my sceneries of focus would actually not be US airports at first but the following:

Ruzyne

Fiumicino

Malpensa

Genova

Copenhagen

Marselles

Toulouse

Vancouver

Toronto

Then My US airports would be:

Spokanne

LAX

Pheonix

Pittsburg

Everything else I want either is FSX only or still in development...

So having said that, I hope some developers will get on those very much left out important European airports!

Cheers!

• Upvote 2

• Developer

Mister Noname "Newmanix": Did you not always say that you are flying FS9? Minimum the half of your list is available, most as freeware in a good qualitiy for FS9. So where is you problem?

Fiumicino - ISD

Malpensa - ISD

Genova - ISD

Copenhagen (available, ok could be better)

Marselles - Simwings

Toulouse - Simwings

Then My US airports would be:

LAX - Cloud9

• Upvote 1

Mister Noname "Newmanix": Did you not always say that you are flying FS9? Minimum the half of your list is available, most as freeware in a good qualitiy for FS9. So where is you problem?

Not no name Newmanix. Newmanix is from my last name which is Newman. My name is D'Andre.

The issues with those airports is:

1: I do have and still use all those.

2: They are very much outdated and lack the quality of the sceneries we are getting now. Cummon Oliver, you are not making sence, if all those sceneries are so good then why would GAP go forward and make new German airports that have already been made. The point is to have those airports in the newer quality and updated. This reminds me when Mathijs tried to push the old Nice scenery on us FS9ners when the new Nice was released. If you are so correct, then why should I buy the new Munich or Frankfurt when I already purchased the ones Aerosoft released years ago. Because you know as much as I, we want better quality and that's why those airports are on my list.

Luxemburg was on the list too and I am waiting for the FS9 version.

D'Andre

Hello Newmanix,

I remembered when I started simming in earnest after I ditched my trusty Amiga for good that the majority of freeware airports etc were better than the default and there were lots of good payware ones too. I think that if you have something that is better than the default it made it worth flying into.

As for Mathijs saying that a lot of folks in the Europe who are interested in Aviation take up simming, then I am one of his statistics :)

• Upvote 1

Hello Newmanix,

I remembered when I started simming in earnest after I ditched my trusty Amiga for good that the majority of freeware airports etc were better than the default and there were lots of good payware ones too. I think that if you have something that is better than the default it made it worth flying into.

As for Mathijs saying that a lot of folks in the Europe who are interested in Aviation take up simming, then I am one of his statistics :)

LOL ... me too, Shaun on both counts ... I started simming in earnest after ditching my Amiga 500 back in the day, but it did give me my first taste of flight simulation, Bob Dinnerman's F/A-18 Interceptor anyone? A few others too ... Microprose F-19 Stealth Fighter, and for the RPG in me, Dungeon Master.

I must admit I've skimm-read a lot of the subject matter on this thread, but it looks like another FS9 vs FSX pi**ing contest, as a species we are tribal and take sides, but to take sides on versions of Microsoft Flight Sim is beyond me, especially as they have bailed out pulled the rip cord and left it up to Aerosoft to re-light the mantle.

I've been guessing there will be an element of national pride too, as in the endless futile Airbus vs Boeing debates we all see on the usual debate sites all over the internet ... Microsoft were American, though employed European's in the developer side of things for Aces and FSX.

Who cares ... I mean, who really cares? All I see is a determined company like Aerosoft who have a vision, and they are producing fine products, left right and centre, as well as promoting new developers too.

What is wrong with that? Cut them some slack, folks.

And as for FS9, well I loved it upon release, had the exact same issues with the hardware of the time as we do with FSX now, but really FS2004 is the clue, it was actually released in late 2003 ... this is 2010 ... its had a good long run, its fine its still liked and enjoyed, but please dont expect it to still be the king after all this time and demand more support for it.

We move on, but dont forget.

• Upvote 1

Hello M31,

Oh my, Dungeon Master at 3 o'clock in the morning with the lights off and listening to all them shuffling noises and the gates opening and not knowing whats round the next corner.

I used to hate them worms that looked like chopped water melon after you killed them. But so addictive.

Oh dear I went off topic :)

Shaun, now THAT was a game!

Recognize this down here?

knight_lore.png

Not to mention my preaerosoft simming time. Wow.....

MSFS1_s.png

The sounds (yes, the buzzing inbuilt beeper!), the gauges. I don't think I had a joystick yet at that time.

But the excitement was NOT weaker than it is now. Strange, uhg?

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

MSFS1_s.png

The sounds (yes, the buzzing inbuilt beeper!), the gauges. I don't think I had a joystick yet at that time.

But the excitement was NOT weaker than it is now. Strange, uhg?

Think I written this a few times, but you are 101% right. It's your brain that makes the sim. If you believe you see Chicago Meigs in that image, it works. I remember flying from Paris to London in FS2. After a lot of messing about with VOR's we got close to London. It only was one large rectangular grey polygon, nothing more. Yet for me that WAS London and it has never been more real. Not even with our superb VFR London scenery. I was elated I managed to find London. Messed up the landing spectacular though.

• Upvote 1

Shaun, now THAT was a game!

Recognize this down here?

knight_lore.png

As a matter of fact i do. That's Knight Lore on the ZX Spectrum. Brings back memories, i used to write text adventures for that back in the day lol

• Aerosoft

As a matter of fact i do. That's Knight Lore on the ZX Spectrum. Brings back memories, i used to write text adventures for that back in the day lol

You are in a long corridor with identical doors north and south. You carry staff, lantern, snake cage.

Oh boy, I really AM an ol'fart.

Not to mention my preaerosoft simming time. Wow.....

MSFS1_s.png

At least you had color... My first exposure to a flight simulator was on a TRS-80. Was more of a flying game than simulation, and being white jagged lines on a black screen, you couldn't tell where you were at all.

• Aerosoft

At least you had color... My first exposure to a flight simulator was on a TRS-80. Was more of a flying game than simulation, and being white jagged lines on a black screen, you couldn't tell where you were at all.

We called that IFR.

LOL!!! I too remember tape based games (on a Commodore)...with 64k of memory, woo hoo!!! :lol:

That luxury! My ZX-81 had 1K. There was an optional 16K of bank-switched memory available, but I could never afford it :rolleyes:

• Aerosoft

That luxury! My ZX-81 had 1K. There was an optional 16K of bank-switched memory available, but I could never afford it :rolleyes:

I still win. Made wire memory myself with small ring magnets and wire. Took me 5 minutes per bit.

I'm old.

• Upvote 1

I know the ZX Spectrum had a "flight sim". Two airports or landing strips to be exact. There were 2 lakes, light blue sky and dark blue ground :blink: , not exactly state of the art but oddly fun at the time lol

I know the ZX Spectrum had a "flight sim". Two airports or landing strips to be exact. There were 2 lakes, light blue sky and dark blue ground :blink: , not exactly state of the art but oddly fun at the time lol

and it took a week to load up from the tape drive :lol:

LOL

I got you all beat! My first simulator didn’t even use a computer, only big business and governments could afford computers back then and most would fill a small warehouse.

My first simulator was a C-3 Link Trainer.

Sorry, but I think I take the “Ol’fart” award. LOL

post-8393-126358522976_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 3

Erm, screw looking backwards. I want to run a jolly decent simulator on my PC, here, now, today,

And FS9 ain't it.

I have, (with great reluctance I must admit), pushed my FS9 160-gig installation to my backup drive, and now fly FSX almost exclusvely.

And I am the last person I thought would ever say that! :D

• Aerosoft

Erm, screw looking backwards. I want to run a jolly decent simulator on my PC, here, now, today,

And FS9 ain't it.

I have, (with great reluctance I must admit), pushed my FS9 160-gig installation to my backup drive, and now fly FSX almost exclusvely.

And I am the last person I thought would ever say that! :D

Ahhh finally, we worked hard on that, lol.

Yes it's ALL your fault... Bloody Catalina, Twotter etc. etc.

I had the speakers turned up LOUD for the Cat the other night, oh yeah! Baby!. :wub:

Yesterday my neighbour asked me if we were having trouble with the washing machine as he could feel the vibration through the garage wall...

...I had to tell him `yes`!

So now you've made me a liar as well as an FSX-exclusive.

Damn you, Aerosoft! :blush::lol:

• Upvote 1

• 8 months later...

I am just calming down after I read that funny people cheat and cheated on polls.. .

This forum does not offer the option to just enter "YearOfBirth", so I should be able to soon feed this piece of personal information into my signature that I like to share with all readers of the aerosoft-forum. All readers of this forum are, all people in Europe? :)

This topic is a good one. Via the aerosoft search engine I found out that not only FS-pilots in Germany would like to have a proper LIRF solution in FSX. If aerosoft is not able to help us with that, then Snave pointed out an alternative solution?

Edit: No, he did not use both, I misread it. :lol:

For me, that would be to use both, fs9 and fsx.

And I really have thought about a second fs (=fsx) since 1 or 2 years, but if Italy is not and will never be available in FSX, that's 1 aspect against FSX. That's not encouraging for somebody who at least finds one good thing in FSX, so now FSX pros and cons would be 1:1.