question about free ride mode

wheels

Hi,

I was recently playing the game in Free Ride mode, when I came upon a section of roadway near the Bus Depot that had three glowing circles with minus signs running across it. I tried to go around/through them, but they acted like gates & wouldn't let my bus through. However, I noticed that the computer simulated traffic was able to go through this area just fine. Does anyone know why this is? Is it a situation like some other games where you have to get past a certain point in the "campaign"section before you can unlock the rest of the map? Please reply as soon as possible if you can provide any insight about this issue! I thought the whole point of "Free Ride" mode was that you could explore the whole entire virtual world from the start?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi,

I was recently playing the game in Free Ride mode, when I came upon a section of roadway near the Bus Depot that had three glowing circles with minus signs running across it. I tried to go around/through them, but they acted like gates & wouldn't let my bus through. However, I noticed that the computer simulated traffic was able to go through this area just fine. Does anyone know why this is? Is it a situation like some other games where you have to get past a certain point in the "campaign"section before you can unlock the rest of the map? Please reply as soon as possible if you can provide any insight about this issue! I thought the whole point of "Free Ride" mode was that you could explore the whole entire virtual world from the start?

Most of the roads I run into are also blocked. In one instance, I was supposed to drive the service car(tow truck) to a broken down bus between 11th and 12th streets. I found the bus but could not approach it becauses of these "circles". That's as far as I was able to go. Very frustrating! I'm also still waiting on a solution to this problem. In fact, most of the city is off limits because of this problem.

This is not a problem, the game is issued like this.

The glowing circles are in fact this sign No entry:

200px-Zeichen_267_svg.bmp

and is used in a dimmed way to tell you tht you cant go or drive that direction.

Afterall, its on 42nd street the game takes place...

Not at the surrounding streets blink.gif