Simplify texture on DiscusX

ramjet2

Hello DiscusX flyers,

My Intel family chipset graphics card can handle FSX Sp1 but not SP2. The DiscusX loads but has an opaque mirror reflection on the canopy, the gauges are foggy looking, and the wings are incomplete, split ( this is related to the flexing wings ). Is there a way to simplify texture so my canopy will be clear? The gauges are working and can be read even though it is foggy and the C-4 functions. The GPS is non-working.

I need to upgrade my system but I can't at present. I can get the plane airborne but I can't see out. Can anyone help me?

Hi "Ramjet2"

I am sorry, this is not possible. The Discus was made for FSX SP2 or acceleration. A "downgrade" is not possible. Several functions wouldn't work.

However at least the wings shouldn't be "split"

Hang down ok, but split is strange.

The transparency issues are related to SP1/2, MS changed something between the two versions, so if there are issues, SP2 is a must.

Best regards Joachim

Hi "Ramjet2"

I am sorry, this is not possible. The Discus was made for FSX SP2 or acceleration. A "downgrade" is not possible. Several functions wouldn't work.

However at least the wings shouldn't be "split"

Hang down ok, but split is strange.

The transparency issues are related to SP1/2, MS changed something between the two versions, so if there are issues, SP2 is a must.

Best regards Joachim

Thank you Joachim, I appreciate your knowledge but I won't give up.

I am trying to find a way to enjoy your DiscusX. Its beautiful and handles very realistically. I have pasted in the panel from Wolfgang's DiscusB which does show up clearly and the canopy is clear so I can fly. It is not as good but it works. I will next try it with a powered glider panel and perhaps be able to fly the BM model as well. I know I need SP2 but until I have a computer with a graphics card that accepts it, I will make the best of it. I know there must be others who are dealing with this issue and perhaps I can help them as well.

Best regards, Cal