Major Luxembourg airports problem

Thralni

I'm running FSX fully patched with the latest version of Luxembourg airport. In the screenshot you can see what I see; misplaced buiuldings and Mesh problems that render ELUS useless. I know I'm probably one of the few with this problem, which makes it even weirder. here's what I installed into FSX:

REX

GEX

UT:Europe X

I didn't install a third party freeware scenery for ELLX or Mesh for Luxembourg. After redownloading and reinstalling the result is still the same.

Tests were with the default Ultralight and the Maddog 2008. Problem happened with both aircraft. Any idea what's going on here?

2009-12-26_11-46-39-234.BMP

2009-12-26_11-26-1-234.BMP

• Upvote 1

Hi Benjamin,

The problem with ELUS is known, and I already have the solution. It will be included in the next Update beginning of 2010.

The Building in ELLX is not known. Do you have the Luxembourg Traffic folder active? Do you have the following file in your Luxembourg Airports/Scenery folder. FSX_LUX_exc.bgl

Thanks

• Upvote 1

Thanks for replying,

I have the file you mentioned, and I have activated in the library:

Luxembourg Airports

" Terrain

" Traffic

" Landmarks

VFR-Airfields Library

European Landmarks

In that order, with the Airports being at the top, Landmarks being the lowest in the library.

• Upvote 1

That seems highly unlikely to me, because...

...crap. I forgot completely about MyTrafficX. It installs AFCAD files, as a replacement for the default ones. I should have deactivated it, but I always forget. -.- I'll post after I have deactived it, to let you know how ELLX looks afterwards.

For the rest, I did find one small tiny thing, that probably will already be fixed with the next update, but here goes: takeoff from ELLX, in a way the passenger terminal is on you left hand. After takeoff, flying over the runway approach lights, there is this bridge, right? It goes over the highway. There are some tiny purple dots on the highway, but only at night.

UPDATE: Well, the building placement was fixed, but other problems were introduced. Taxiways and the runway that think into the ground at one side of ELLX, and I just saw how at the entrance side of the passenger terminal there are problems with the mesh. If you want, I can post some screenshots.

• Upvote 1

Yes please,

But I am also interested what other files are active.

Did you move the Luxembourg Traffic over the MyTraffic folder?

or did you delete the my Traffic file?

The Luxembourg files are at the very very top of the scenery library. Position 1 etc. After that comes Ultimate Terrain Europe, several freeware airports, and only way after that comes Mytraffic. To fix the AFCAD problem I replaced the .bgl extension of the offending Mytraffic file to .OLD, which ahs always worked well for me. In other words, I didn't delete the files, simply changed its meaning so that FSX doesn't use it.

Here are screenshots of the other problems I encountered.Screenshots include the strange taxiway problem, and some other glitches I found while flying around. Some should be self explanatory. Others maybe not:

1) the screenshot with the car tunnel entrances: I think these ought to be closer to the hill, now the end of them sticks out before they end up in the hill, which disputes the purpose of the tunnel entrance.

2) The train: the locomotive as at a different height than the consist, and the bridges don't align very well with the hill. Also notice how the river spills all over the hill...

3) The screenshot with the cathedral and the castle: note how the castle sits basically "in" the hill. Same sort of thing happens to the cathedral.

4) the screenshot with the trainstation: Nothing wrong here, but I wondered if it'd be possible to put here some trains. if there is a train on a track somewhere else, I wondered if there is no possiblity to put them also at the station?

I must say I have awfully many problems with the mesh of this addon, all in the Luxembourg City area. I have changed anything about the way they are activated in the scenery library (the order of these are as in the list I gave in oen of my previous replies), and I can guarantee I have no other third party mesh installed that covers Luxembourg. So unless there is a problem with the mesh of the addon, I'm not sure what the problem could be.

I greatly value your concern, and I'm more than happy to help you. Could you think of any reason why so much mesh problems could be cropping up?

post-27120-126201551665_thumb.jpg

post-27120-126201556692_thumb.jpg

post-27120-126201562883_thumb.jpg

post-27120-12620157373_thumb.jpg

post-27120-126201595912_thumb.jpg

post-27120-126201600318_thumb.jpg

I do not think that the Luxembourg Airports have a Mesh problem. I think that one of these products (REX GEX) have a mesh included.

The same with the rivers (not included in my package) and the double bridge.

What is wrong on the airport is still not reasonable for me. There must be still a AFCAD problem!

That can't be, because both REX and GEX do not include Mesh. REX is only about sky, clouds and water textures. There is nothing in it that touches mesh. heck, it doesn't even do anything to ground textures... As for GEX: it is what it says it is: Ground Envorinment. Meaning it only includes ground textures, and that's it. I'll try to disable Ultimate Terrain and see if it helps... Maybe it does have mesh included. Heck, if it's not that, I have no idea what's the problem. I swear I don't have any other mesh addons that cover Luxembourg, so if it's not that, I wouldn't know what the problem is. Same goes for the AFCAD... I'll have an other search, but I'm quite sure I have thorough enough with that one. I wouldn't know where another AFCAD could be...

I should say that the problem you see with the taxiway is something I have seen at ELNT too. It isn't like the taxiway is "gone", it's there, but you have to fly close by (or possibly taxi over it), to see that the taxiway markings are still there. I know absolutely sure I do not have an addon AFCAD for ELNT besides the one installed with Luxembourg Airports. So, if he problem of ELLX persists on ELNT, how sure can we be it's something with Luxembourg Airports? I included a screnshot showing ELNT. Note: at ELLX's taxiways, you see exactly the same when you fly straight over it.

post-27120-126203040045_thumb.jpg

Hey again,

I tested now after disabling UTE completely, and then gradually re-enabling facets of the addon. Strangely, the taxiway and runway problem disappeared completely, even after re-enabling the entire UTE addon. I don't know what happened, but it seems like the taxiway and runway problem I found earlier has vanished... On the other hand, the ELNT problem (with the runway disappearing) is still there, regardless of UTE being activated or not.

Regarding the ELLX entrance mesh weirdness: the problem persists. There still are major trouble with that airport's passenger terminal entrance. Screenshot included.

Regarding Luxembourg City, no mesh has changed at all with UTE disabled, meaning UTE is not the cause of the mesh weirdness. The castle is still half stuck in a cliff, and the train's placement still isn't quite alright. The roads, bridges and rivers are UTE's doing, but it'll be impossible to see who of you (Luxembourg Airports or UTE) is at fault with the used data... I included screenshots of my findings with UTE completely disabled. You'll see that most of it is right, but I should note some of the default rivers are drawn half onto a cliff here and there, so even the default rivers are not fully agreeing with the used mesh.

I have not been able to locate any other mesh addon. My FSX installation is relatively clean, with only some Aersoft airports installed, and some freeware third party stuff, but that's it. None of these have global, or even regional mesh additions: they are only locally, if they include mesh at all.

This is all a great pity, because ELLX itself is a very well made airport, and I marvel at some of the great details that can be found. It's just that the surroudnign things and some details that have gone by unnoticed (or so it seems) drags the entire scenery down a bit.

post-27120-12620905676_thumb.jpg

post-27120-126209058754_thumb.jpg

post-27120-126209060773_thumb.jpg

post-27120-126209062803_thumb.jpg

Here's another screenshot. I was unable to use the full editor to edit my previous post, so I opted for a new post alltogether. This screenshot shows how the default river curls over the cliff. Again this is a default river and not a UTE drawn river.

post-27120-126209133793_thumb.jpg

Hi Benjamin,

if you will look to the manual I added some hint on Mesh resolution.

What is your value? I think the problem of the Terminal will then be gone. I will look to ELNT if there is a height difference on my AFCAD in comparison to the default value.

Hi Benjamin,

if you will look to the manual I added some hint on Mesh resolution.

What is your value? I think the problem of the Terminal will then be gone. I will look to ELNT if there is a height difference on my AFCAD in comparison to the default value.

I will give it a look. I hope you're right and it will solve this final problem.

• Upvote 1

Hey,

After increasing mesh resolution to 2m (as was hinted at in the manual... can't believe I didn't see that), the terminal problem was solved, and also in Luxembourg City problems were solved. Not all, though, and new problems were introduced. I included some screenshots of that. You'll see the train is now okay, but the surround bridges have problems, although the river now flows under the bridge, which is good. The castle is still partly stuck in the hill, though.

Also, I identified the entry "UTE Airports" in the scenery library, to be the one big troublemaker concerning the ELLX taxiways and runways. If you enable UTE Airports, the taxiways and runways loose some textures, and here and there you'll notice multiple airplanes at one gate/parking. Turning it off fixes these problems. So, turns out that Ultimate Terrain is part of the problem...

post-27120-126217274027_thumb.jpg

post-27120-126217277172_thumb.jpg

post-27120-12621727887_thumb.jpg

post-27120-126217290374_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1