CumulusX! 1.6 released

Peter Lürkens

Merry Christmas everybody!

New in this version:

• Synchronisation tool for MP events on non-Flight Simulator X-servers
  • Reduced occurrence of blue thermal areas
  • Improved ground handling by automatic deactivation of CumulusX! in ground proximity
  • Support for competition soaring with Ian Lewis' Sim_Logger

The program is available for download here: http://www.luerkens.homepage.t-online.de/peter/

Please be patient, only 4 connections at a time are supported, and upstream is 384 kb/sec only.

best regards,

Peter

Thanks Peter. I'll like the synchronisation, cannot wait to test it on the FSHost server (it'll be one less instruction for the FSX user to keep track of for online events). I had kept planning for the FSX users to make sure they were synchonized by going to one site to check out local time (which is somewhat of a pain). Definitely going to like it.

I've got a question about the "automatic deactivation of CumulusX! in ground proximity". Does this mean the cumulus clouds will also not show while on the ground? I kinda liked looking around the aircraft to see where thermals might be, to somewhat plan my departure after release.

Scott

Hello Peter,

our Virtual Airline is planning a soaring event in the near future and we'd like to use your fabulous soaring tools for FSX.

But every time I try to download them from your page the download stops after a few seconds and then cancels after some minutes.

I tried many times at different times of day but I never succeded. Is there another way to download them (CumulusX 1.6 and WinchX)?

• 1 month later...

Hello Peter,

Is this software still available? CumulusX looks like exactly what I am looking for to do some soaring in FSX. The reason I ask is that I've tried to download it from your site several times with no success. The download seems to hang at 24%.

Cheers,

asw

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Peter,

Is this software still available? CumulusX looks like exactly what I am looking for to do some soaring in FSX. The reason I ask is that I've tried to download it from your site several times with no success. The download seems to hang at 24%.

Cheers,

asw

I have had the same problem for 3 weeks now, winchx and cumulusx are both broken downloads on Peter's site, perhaps it would be possible to make the files available in the Aerosoft upload/download section?

I have had the same problem for 3 weeks now, winchx and cumulusx are both broken downloads on Peter's site, perhaps it would be possible to make the files available in the Aerosoft upload/download section?

This will not be possible. Most of the people do not have problems with download, it may be an issue with your browser of internet provider.

Please send me a PM with your e-mail address.

best regards,

Peter

• 1 month later...

This will not be possible. Most of the people do not have problems with download, it may be an issue with your browser of internet provider.

Please send me a PM with your e-mail address.

best regards,

Peter

Hi Peter,

Sorry to raise the same download problem question but I have been unable to download CumulusX! 1.6 and WinchX. Is it possible for you to send to my email address, if so how do I give you the details. Referring to the above email where you mention 'send a PM etc', sorry to show my ignorance but what is a 'PM'?

David

Hello David, Welcome to SOAR!

If you haven't been able to do it yet, here are some instructions, else just disregard the following. To do this, you need to go back to his last post, or any post that that he has done, and click on his name above his Avatar (an Avatar is the picture underneath his online name). This brings you to another page where you click on Send me a message under his Avatar. Then you will be able to give him a message.

Hope this helps, and again, Welcome!

Scott