US Cities X: Chicago (The Windy City) Released.

Shaun Fletcher

HI Shaun,

Yep, tried that, too. Can someone check my download zip, cause when It first happened, I downloaded a second time, thinking some got messed up in transmission, but no luck. Has the scenery been tested with DX11 yet? It seems like something simple is being overlooked.

Regards,

HC

Arrgh!!! I think I've figured it out... In addition to SP1 & SP2, I need to have Acceleration installed. That's the only thing I can think of that could be causing all that real estate to disappear.

Shaun and Bruce, Thank you for your assistance.

HC

Arrgh!!! I think I've figured it out... In addition to SP1 & SP2, I need to have Acceleration installed. That's the only thing I can think of that could be causing all that real estate to disappear.

So it does work with AccelerationPack but not with SP2 only on your system? Just wanted to make that clear to see what could be causing it because the scenery has been tested on both.

It could indeed take a while until all buildings are loaded (as mentioned in the manual). Looking at your screenshot with the blurry textures looks like there is a problem in loading all the data in time. Is it possible you didn't defragment your hard drive in quite a while or you are still running on a FAT32 file system instead of NTFS?

Bests,

Sascha

Guys, I want to thank you for the quick and relevant responses to my Dilema.

Okay, here's what I had at the time: 0ne full installation of FSX with SP2 on my E Drive, one unregistered installation of FSX with Acceleration on the same drive. Note, this is a large, partitioned HD. When I originally installed the Chicago scenery, the whole downtown area was blamked out, I could see Meigs with all the goodies, including the boy on his dad's shoulders. I then installed the scenery on the installation with Acceleration installed, and it worked as it was supposed to.

Now you're gonna ask "Why did you have that configuration?" Prior to my Pwr supply taking my mother board out, I had one installation for XP and the other for Vista. The Acceleration wasn't registered because I didn't have a Video car that met the minimum requirements and it just stopped in the middle of the install. When I rebuilt the computer (New PS, Mobo, and GPU) That's what was there , and I'm still trying to get all the 1Tb+ of Hard Drives sorted out.

Now along comes the acceleration disk that I found somewhere amongst my Computer "Stuff" and I installed it all on my C Drive and everything has been working just fine....

Again, Thanks

HC

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Aerosoft/Sasa, As a Chicago resident let me first say what a spectacular job you did creating The City of Chicago for FSX!! All the little details and object placing are superb and very accurate!! Thank You!!

I am having a little problem with some textures only on some of the buildings which makes me wonder if I have an incomplete install[ see pics] I do have some megascenery installed for this area but after disabling everything in my scenery folder other than Chi-X the problem still remains.

Any help or pointers will be great Thank You,also when I tried to uninstall I only had the option to repair.is that normal?

fsx2010-01-2307-21-09-20.jpg

fsx2010-01-2307-08-00-95.jpg

fsx2010-01-2307-08-20-62.jpg

Nothing special there. Your pictures show how it is supposed to look like (unfortunately) mainly outside of downtown if you get very low and close to the buildings. Getting a good performance with so many buildings otherwise would have been impossible. Keep in mind that this scenery covers a much, much larger area as for example Manhattan. Also check the "picasso" chapter in the manual´s FAQs.

Very nice scenery, especially with the sliders adjusted like you suggest. Sadly, no way i can fly the 777 on this scenery unless I drastically lower most sliders.

For me, it's the hardest scenery so far as to FPS. (E8600-ATI 4850-XP).

Ben