US Cities X: Chicago (The Windy City) Released.

Shaun Fletcher

Allow me a private comment. I have been in Chicago at Christmas. If you like the glittery kind of celebration that Americans prefer (and I certainly do, if you party do it big time) there is not a better place to be. That's why we are very happy we got US Cities X: Chicago online just in time (and believe me this was not easy, thanks CK!). Like the other US Cities this is a cross between a high detailed city and the default cities. Don't expect all buildings to be high detailed. But you do get Merrill C Meigs back, you do get a new ground layout of O'Hare with the new runways and you get a whopping lot of buildings for a very low price. Now excuse me, I am going to do a few circuits of Meigs and reminisce.

Links: [Product Page]

Tags: FSX USCitiesX - Chicago

aero_chicago_11.jpg

aero_chicago_06.jpg

aero_chicago_18.jpg

aero_chicago_13.jpg

aero_chicago_02.jpg

aero_chicago_31.jpg

More Screenshots Galore

The scenery looks stunning! :) Is there an option to remove the Chicago Spire building? There has been a hole in the ground on the building site for two years and it doesn't look like the building will ever be built; too many financial problems. Nice to see my local airport, Schaumburg (06C), represented so well. Too bad I do not have a computer to run this dense scenery. :(

How frame rate friendly is this scenery? Does it run better or worse than the default scenery? My computer has a geforce 9600GT and an Intel Duo E6300. Will that be powerful enough to have good frames?

I have FS Dreamteam's Chicago O'hare. Can that part of your new scenery be disabled so I can continue to use FS Dreamteam's since it most likely far more detailed. This was asked prior to release but not sure if it was answered. Thank you.

• Aerosoft

The scenery looks stunning! :) Is there an option to remove the Chicago Spire building? There has been a hole in the ground on the building site for two years and it doesn't look like the building will ever be built; too many financial problems. Nice to see my local airport, Schaumburg (06C), represented so well. Too bad I do not have a computer to run this dense scenery. :(

Including the Spire is an option in the installation.

• Aerosoft

How frame rate friendly is this scenery? Does it run better or worse than the default scenery? My computer has a geforce 9600GT and an Intel Duo E6300. Will that be powerful enough to have good frames?

It's a lot worse then the default, of course. It's just impossible to add a few thousand objects and a few million polygons without having some effect. But you can use it on your system as long as you do not expect the highest possible settings.

• Aerosoft

I have FS Dreamteam's Chicago O'hare. Can that part of your new scenery be disabled so I can continue to use FS Dreamteam's since it most likely far more detailed. This was asked prior to release but not sure if it was answered. Thank you.

It should be compatible (the installer checks for it). BUT you are asking a whopping lot from your hardware when you run a high detailed massive airport inside a large high detail surrounding. Looks great though.

Thanks for the great scenery- it looks very real and, for me, the frames are very good!

One question only: The install-option of the Spire-building is a very good idea, but it would be also nice to have the option to remove Meigs Field airport. Flying "as real as possible" means the airport is closed.....

Merry christmas for you!

Best wishes from germany

Lars A.

I have GEX and UTX. Will the night lighting, etc show through so that the night will look the same as it does now? Is it correct that Chicago will not have snow in the winter?

Thanks,

Lynn

One question only: The install-option of the Spire-building is a very good idea, but it would be also nice to have the option to remove Meigs Field airport. Flying "as real as possible" means the airport is closed.....

First of all: Shame on you you want to see it closed. :blink:

We discusses exactly that in the preview thread but that would mean about 80MB additional download volume for a patch of green land. If there come more requests like yours we will certainly do something in an update but it doesn't have a high priority at the moment.

Bests,

Sascha

Hey Just bought it and its fantastic!

One question though.

I did read the manual about the FS Dreamteam KORD and how to have it also, and did as the manual said (the installer actually does it if you already have it there) and i get duplicate stuff at ORD!

Can the designer help me out??

I have GEX and UTX. Will the night lighting, etc show through so that the night will look the same as it does now? Is it correct that Chicago will not have snow in the winter?

It won't show trough. Chicago is the first city that comes with night lightment although for the aerial image only. In fact both sceneries should merge quite well together with that illuminated traffic that UTX brings. Winter textures are indeed not included but you will barely see any difference between the surround scenery and this one due to the high coverage of autogen that comes with all winter texturing of course. In fact neither me nor the beta testers noticed that until we had a look at the season settings.

Bests,

Sascha

I did read the manual about the FS Dreamteam KORD and how to have it also, and did as the manual said (the installer actually does it if you already have it there) and i get duplicate stuff at ORD!

If you're not the only one with that problem the guys in HQ have to have another look at the installer as soon as they got their new shop system online and time left. For you the solution will be quite easy. Go to your settings -> Scenery Library and switch KORD and Chicago using the up/down buttons to the right (that one standing above the other one belongs below the other one).

If either the KORD or US Cities-Chicago entries are displayed more than once each, delete the duplicates. But I'm 99% this won't be the case on your system.

Bests,

Sascha

Ok in reference to my FSDT KORD problem, i think i sorted it.

It seems that i had a duplicate KORDX hiding at the bottom of my scenery list and that was cause the confusion! Its been removed and looks like im back in action!

Many thanks for the help. Fantastic Scenery! Love it! Also get 20fps in my cessna 172 (carenado) when flying about so its not too bad (and i would say my laptop isnt super powerful, powerful maybe)

Look forward to more products and maybe ya cyan get around to T&T Real soon!

I was not sure if this would be out before Christmas, but upon checking today saw it was, could not resist a last minute Christmas present to myself :)

Pleasantly surprised to see very good frame rates on my rig, just spent an enjoyable hour exploring the area like I've done since FS2.

One question, I checked the option to show the Spire skyscraper, any way of changing this choice without an un-install and fresh install? I never realised its probably not going to get built, but then again, I'm happy to be using Meigs field again and that does not exist any more either!

Love it, going to do more Chicago X exploring tomorrow night.

One question, I checked the option to show the Spire skyscraper, any way of changing this choice without an un-install and fresh install?

Yes, just read the manual. The is a chapter that explains how to.

Bests,

Sascha

Gentlemen,

I purchased the Chicago scenery the day before yesterday. I was impressed with the San FranciscoX scenery and DillinghamX, so I figured with the screenshots looking so good, Chicago would be at least as good looking. However, after installation, and trying different settings of all my sliders, all of the skyscrapers in downtown Chicago are missing. after disabling the ChicagoX scenery, I found the downtown skyscrapers with the default scenery.

I Have, in December upgraded my system to : Intel i7 CPU @ 2.67 Ghz, Vista home 32 bit, 6 Gbit RAM and Direct X 11... oh, and an NVIDIA Geforce 9400GT.

My edition of FSX has Sp1 and Sp2 installed. Is there a possibility my download was/is missing the various files to show the downtown skyscrapers? I am open to suggestions.

Thanx for your attention to this matter.

HC

Hello Heychief,

Can you check the Chicago scenery folder to see if the files actually exist, if so then can you check the scenery library to see if the scenery has been added there, if not then you can add it manually.

Hi Shaun,

Let me first thank you for your almost instantaneous response to my query.

Enclosed are screenshots that show what I'm experiencing. The scenery folder within the aerosoft folder and the scenery library seem to be in order.

The only things I see that may be factors are, the additional folders within the texture folder for Normal and VeryDense Autogen... and the fact that I don't have Acceleration.

Thankx for your interest in my problem,

HC

post-7500-126248762686_thumb.jpgpost-7500-126248757421_thumb.jpg