Question of the day <----------------------

Mikkel, hurry up and post when production started! Otherwise you won't win I think

Oh, thank you. Next time remeber to read the question fully Mikkel! When production started? I actually think it never started. They later made a singel engine airplane with the same designation: M22

Mikkel is right:

The only prototype (which you can see in the photo) of the "Mooney Mark 22 Twin" was built in 1962.

The aircraft never saw production because it didn't get its certification.

• Aerosoft

Oh, thank you. Next time remeber to read the question fully Mikkel! When production started? I actually think it never started. They later made a singel engine airplane with the same designation: M22

Bingo... it was a twin mooney prototype. Ugly as sin. And indeed I had to cut the tail otherwise it would be too easy.

Did you know about the aircraft? Or did you use a image search program that uses a sample image as input?

Did you know about the aircraft? Or did you use a image search program that uses a sample image as input?

I did not know about the aircraft, but I though that it really did not look like a Piper and not like a Beechcraft. So I got quite curious. First I thought it was French, so I checked all the French GA producers, with no luck. While reading about old GA planes, I finally found a notice about a rare Mooney twin, and a link with a picture, I was quite surprised when I saw that it was the same picture you had used, but it seems like there are only two known pictures of this plane.

No image searching, but some good old research.