Boeing 787's first Take Off...

Alexander Wurz

Does anyone of you followed the first takeoff of the 787? It was really awesome. I felt happy with these guys @ Boeing.

In my Opinion, the 787 is one of the best looking Aircrafts in the World - especially with these wings...:wub:

I watched the takeoff, and in my opinion, there have been some more aesthetic aircraft than the 787, I wouldn't say it was ugly, but it isn't the best looking. But today in aviation, functionality and performance is more important than looks, and the 787 has certainly achieved the former. Now we shall wait and see how much of a commercial success it will be - could it be the next 737?

I think it looks very sleek. I think it is a beautiful design, but I know planes (also by Boeing) that I like better. Still, I couldn't hide my excitement when I saw the 787 takeoff on the news.

• 1 month later...

I don't think it is the sexiest plane alive but it is pretty. It has some huge engines though.

I personally think the F-22 is the sexiest plane ever made. (covers face and prepares for stoning)