Sperry question

Farley

First off, I love this plane. It is by far one of the most realistic wwii planes out there, and it certainly has the best autopilot.

There is one problem, however. One cannot make a turn with the autopilot without it skidding out of control, as the directional dial controls the rudder only. My research - reading the pby-5/5a Erection and Maintenance manual found at PBY.org - indicates that this is not only annoying but inaccurate. I may be wrong, but this is where the notion came from:

post-26030-12608698582_thumb.jpg

I also refer you to this page, which concerns adjustment of the proportional bank adapter

post-26030-126087012017_thumb.jpg

Is there a simple way to fix this?

thanks!

Farley

Thanks! Understand I'm not trying to attack what is a job very well done by aerosoft. This is one of my favorite aircraft. This is just something I noticed. I may be something I'm doing wrong. I think it deserves investigation, though. Either way, your mistake or mine, I just want to get to the bottom of this.

Having read further into the documents found on the PBY.org I must admit that it seems that You hit the remaining 2% of my 98%.

There indeed seems to be an influence from the Directional (Ruddder) control to the Ailerons and Elevators.

We are currently discussing making another service pack for the Catalina, solving a few remaining issues.

This one could certainly be added to that too ;)

Finn

• Upvote 1

Beautiful! Just what I was hoping! I'm looking forward to it very much.

May I assume that an inquiry as to when we might expect such an update would be of little use?

Thanks for making a great plane even better!

You guys rock.

Farley

Beautiful! Just what I was hoping! I'm looking forward to it very much.

May I assume that an inquiry as to when we might expect such an update would be of little use?

Thanks for making a great plane even better!

You guys rock.

Farley

I cannot give any date or info.

It´s Mathijs' decision on how and when to do such an update.

All developers of the Catalina are currently engaged on other projects.

But stay tuned...

Finn

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

I cannot give any date or info.

It´s Mathijs' decision on how and when to do such an update.

All developers of the Catalina are currently engaged on other projects.

But stay tuned...

Finn

Sure, put it all on me.

But Farley contact support@aerosoft.com and tell Shaun that you are part of our beta test team, very well found. Impressed!

Sure, put it all on me.

But Farley contact support@aerosoft.com and tell Shaun that you are part of our beta test team, very well found. Impressed!

Thanks! Will do!

Farley