BushHawk Service Pack

Pivo

Luckily it's only a very nasty cold that delays work here, but it's comforting that some people actually miss me. :D

Thorsten who..?

:rolleyes:

Hey it could be worse, there could be men here who want to have your babies... :D

Ok, I'm back. That flu was really nasty. It will take some time to clear the pile that has risen on my (virtual) desk, so there will be another delay. I'm really sorry about that, I'm sure I can give a specific (final) release date for the service pack next week.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I'm back. That flu was really nasty. It will take some time to clear the pile that has risen on my (virtual) desk, so there will be another delay. I'm really sorry about that, I'm sure I can give a specific (final) release date for the service pack next week.

Hello Thorsten,

I don't wish to seem anxious or anything, but it is next week. Got any ideas about a release date for the long awaited Service Pack?

All the best,

Fritz

I did not forget you, but it's gonna get close, with the Conference coming up and my trip to Larnaka (upcoming addon) next week, it might not be finished before that.

You know, when I was still a normal FS user I wondered how the heck some developers can't keep their release dates. As a developer I made this one of my highest priorities. Then I slowly got used to how things work and how you sometimes have to accept that there are things beyond your control.

In the process of this service pack I came across unexpected problems, lost files, got delayed again, suddenly had other (even) more important things on my desk, got ill, got ill again, was on vacation, will be on vacation again ( :D ),... - and suddenly you realize that you originally wanted to release "just this small update" 6 months ago... :blush:

I promise though, that the result will be worth waiting for.

Speaking about the Service Pack:

I searched some months ago in these forums something about the Bush Hawk, and I saw some people were unhappy with doors. They were saying they'd like them to be clickable from the external view. You, Thorsten, said, if I remember good, that it was not possible, because FSX doesn't allow to make clickable parts of the external model. I read this and forgot soon, as I was not annoyed by this.

Then, some time ago, I was looking at the video review of A2A's Piper Cub. I was surprised that they made a clickable prop to "manually" start the engine. "How is it possible?" - I thought. I think I've understood now: according to me, they probably made a new point of view from the Virtual Cockpit, but which was lockated outside the cockpit. This way, FSX thinks it's the Virtual Cockpit and allows to click on an "external" object. Handy, isn't it? Maybe this could also be done with the BHXP (for those who are not already happy with this addon)?

PS: about views - I get two times the Spot, Locked Spot and Flyby views. Is it normal?

No, that's not normal.

Don't know how they did that prop thing, but unfortunately in FSX, as soon as you leave the aircraft (no matter in which view you are) the clickspots become inactive. Try it with cockpit clickspots and try to move your point of view outside the cockpit and click them. They won'T work anymore. Stupid.

I just purchased BH and I noticed that the missions do not have a mission pointer. The flying is like free flight mode. I have been reading the forums and I would like to know if there is a service pack or fix to this issue.

thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Thorsten,

Howgozit? Just thought I'd fall by and ask if you have any news about the SP.

All the best,

Fritz

You wouldn't believe how difficult it is for me to finish this thing. The longer it takes the more impossible it seems. Must be a cursed project. :wacko: It was almost finsihed months ago, when I lost some of the progress due to technical problems switching to W7. And to reproduce what you had before but lost, that's not so easy sometimes.

I hope that releasing Dutch Harbor will help me concentrating on finishing the SP.

You wouldn't believe how difficult it is for me to finish this thing.

Trust us.... we believe. It has been a little over a year... I solved my missions problem by buying Acceleration... as an unexpected benefit, my icing problems also seemed to go away.

Is it true that you were also going to look into the Toyota throttle problem?

Bump

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I say, Thorsten, surely you must have made some progress on the Service Pack. Please say yes.

Hopefully yours,

Fritz

I start to think this project is haunted... :blush:

This could be quite prophetic.... Neither Fritz or I are getting any younger and if one of us departs this mortal toil before the BHX gets its service pack, then we probably WILL haunt you.

:eyepop_s:

Hello,

Sorry to ask, but why is this so long ?

The 1.1 was a great addition, but now, regarding the way this aircraft flies (very poor pitching attitude, unrealistic), other airplanes, like the C185, are over taking this one by far...

So sad. I liked it much...

May be a quick modification in the aircraft.cfg might help. -_-