BushHawk Service Pack

Pivo

snapback.pngThoRe (horst18519), on 25 October 2009 - 12:27 PM, said:

I think you can download it within the next 7 days. wink.gif

Hello to all,

So...is there any news of the Service Pack for the BushHawk?

Cheers, Fritz

Though it is late in the game, one annoying problem on the Bush Hawk is that when the rudder ices up, at least on my system, it stays iced, even after landing, preventing me from taxiing or exiiting the runway. Normally one would expect that once you land or reduce altitude the rudder would losen or be kicked loose. This is not happening.

Bump

It is possible to get it free by wiggling it, but the more ice has built the more difficult this gets. I think that we may have used high numbers for that var, so it can get very nasty. I will try to change this on the update. In any case you can disable the frosting in the realism menu and turn it on again if you want them to freeze up again eventually.

Due to the Maldives release and me switching to Windows 7 (which was no easy task with all that developer's stuff on my system) there was another delay for the Bush Hawk's service pack. I hope to be able to finish it til Xmas.

Due to the Maldives release and me switching to Windows 7 (which was no easy task with all that developer's stuff on my system) there was another delay for the Bush Hawk's service pack. I hope to be able to finish it til Xmas.

Good news! happy.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Though it is late in the game, one annoying problem on the Bush Hawk is that when the rudder ices up, at least on my system, it stays iced, even after landing, preventing me from taxiing or exiiting the runway. Normally one would expect that once you land or reduce altitude the rudder would losen or be kicked loose. This is not happening.

I didn't want to start another topic, that's why I'm writing here.

I'm experiencing the "same" problem as Bump. I checked the rudder before landing (in "Colimbia Spring" assisted flight - because there is icing - , but also in other assisted flights), and it wasn't iced. But once I landed, the pedals didn't work anymore, and I had to use the automatic rudder function.

Here's what happens: if I kick the pedals, the rudder moves for less than a half of second, then goes back to its neutral position. Please note that this happends only on ground, after the first landing (during the first take off it works as it should).

I checked my hardware (Saitek ProPedals) - it runs perfectly.

Saving the flight and then reloading it solves the problem, but it would be nice to not have to do it.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, have to admit some other things crossed my desk, so it might take another 1-2 weeks.

Thorsten,

O.K., thanks.

Best to you, Fritz

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I am really interested in that service pack.

I stopped using this very good aircraft because it was way too unpredictable regarding the pitch. (vertical stability)

+/- 500fpm every times...

Could you please also fix this ?

I know that this plane flies a little like this but honestly, I think it's too much.

Thanks.

Recently got back into the cockpit of this wonderful aircraft, and looking forward to the Service Pack.

Just one question - the EGT gauge does not seem to work, mine is always right over to the left hand side, virtually giving no indication of temperature. Is this normal, or is it a bug that will be fixed with the SP?

Also I seem to remember the addition of an Automatic Pilot at some stage - will this be included?

Malcolm

Recently got back into the cockpit of this wonderful aircraft, and looking forward to the Service Pack.

Just one question - the EGT gauge does not seem to work, mine is always right over to the left hand side, virtually giving no indication of temperature. Is this normal, or is it a bug that will be fixed with the SP?

Also I seem to remember the addition of an Automatic Pilot at some stage - will this be included?

Malcolm

AP will be included, full working for IFR model and altitude only for VFR model.

What exactly do you mean with "right over to the left hand side"? While CHT should rise slowly as the engine heats up, EGT should directly be linked to the throttle: In idle it should go down to approx 300°F while on max throttle it should go all the way up to 1120°F.

AP will be included, full working for IFR model and altitude only for VFR model.

What exactly do you mean with "right over to the left hand side"? While CHT should rise slowly as the engine heats up, EGT should directly be linked to the throttle: In idle it should go down to approx 300°F while on max throttle it should go all the way up to 1120°F.

Hi Thorsten

Thank you for the reply and apologies for not being more specific.

With the temperature range you mention, the EGT gauge is obviously working properly, it is just that the calibrations on the actual gauge start at 1000F and go to approximately 2000F. I notice that the needle is usually sitting below 1000F which means that it is sitting virtually on a 'zero' reading on the gauge (below 1000), and the needle will only ever come up a fraction on maximum temperature (1100).

Perhaps the gauge should be calibrated differently - starting at 0 and going up to say 1200/1500 maximum, with the numbers spread more evenly across the gauge. Hope this makes sense, hard to describe without actually being there!

Keep up the good work, and looking forward to the Service Pack.

Kind regards

Malcolm

The gauge is programmed following the original documentation from "Insight": http://www.insightavionics.com/techgem2.htm

Note that the labeling on the right is for CHT while EGT uses the left scale. "Which scale?", you might ask, "I only see a bunch of asterisks". That's the scale. :D

I just did it the way it's done in reality. I guess most pilots don't care much about the scales anyway, because the graph bars give you a quick and easy way to see if everything is alright, and if you want specifics you would use the individual numbers above anyway.

• Upvote 1

Dear Thorsten,

All the news of the gauges is great and sure it is useful but when all is said and done could you tell us when we can look for the BushHawk Service Pack?

It's a spiff airplane but it ain't quite right, ya know it?

May your shadow never grow shorter, Fritz

The gauge is programmed following the original documentation from "Insight": http://www.insightav...om/techgem2.htm

Note that the labeling on the right is for CHT while EGT uses the left scale. "Which scale?", you might ask, "I only see a bunch of asterisks". That's the scale. biggrin.gif

I just did it the way it's done in reality. I guess most pilots don't care much about the scales anyway, because the graph bars give you a quick and easy way to see if everything is alright, and if you want specifics you would use the individual numbers above anyway.

Thanks Thorsten

I appreciate you taking the time to give me such an informative reply. It all makes sense now.

I was actually referring to the analogue gauge sitting below the EGT electronic display. On checking the POH (freely available on the FoundAir site) I noticed that the gauge is depicted by you exactly as on the real aircraft. This does not surprise me, as I have always been impressed by the high level of detail (in all areas) that Aerosoft produce on their products.

Thanks again for your great service, and like many others I am looking forward to the Service Pack.

Malcolm

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Thorsten,

Haven't heard from you in a while. Hope everything is O.K. with you. huh.gif

Still eagerly awaiting your service pack.

May life smile,

Fritz

Hey Thorsten,

Haven't heard from you in a while. Hope everything is O.K. with you. huh.gif

Still eagerly awaiting your service pack.

May life smile,

Fritz

Hi Fritz,

Let's all hope that the rumors are not true that our dear friend Thorsten, who had been slaving day and night to complete the ultimate Bush Hawk Service Pack (the mother of all service packs) was accidentally buried under a pile of virtual tundra tires which Aerosoft had been planning to use in their ultimate Twin Otter service pack. Apparantly young Thorsten had forgotten to turn on the defroster or disable the icing effects and his glasses just fogged over so quickly that he lost his bearings. He is appantly not seriously injured, but a bit shaken up.

B) Bump

Oi, Bump,

Thanks for the news.

I hope the rumours are not true, or if so that it was only the 31"x13"x6" size and not the experimental 35" ones. wacko.gif

I imagine that after a few beers Thorsten will be all right. I sure hope so. rolleyes.gif

May your shadow never grow shorter,

Fritz