MaladivesX black textures

7neophyte7

For the record, and this may or may not help.

I don't have any texture problems that I've seen, and I've pretty much been everywhere in this package already. Landed at nearly every little island, tried to land on ships too. (That didn't work though, I got wet feet lol).

The ONLY problems I've had, and this is with ALL scenery, even default, I sometimes get black patches briefly while the textures are loading. I KNOW what this is, but I refuse to turn my settings down because I like to "look" at the scenery lol. My scenery settings are FULL except for autogen (dense or very dense depending on how I feel) and water (down 2 or 3 notches I think. 2X med?) I can see the reflection of the clouds anyway, which is good enough for me. My traffic is set to about 30% for cars and 40% for everything else.

My system? Not as good as you might think:

Windows XP Pro Media centre edition

Pentium core 2 duo 1.87ghz

2 gig ram

Audigy 2ZS and on board sound (one for voice and one for sounds)

Geforce GT 240 1gig memory (New)

and that's about it. I DID notice however that putting in the new Geforce card has made a difference, but not much. Was running this with a 9500GT with 512Mb ram okay.

Hope this helps? One more point, I don't have other programs installed on the PC, it's purely FSX specific. Also no UTX, GEX etc. Just different world scenery packages from many different sources.

For the record, and this may or may not help.

I don't have any texture problems that I've seen, and I've pretty much been everywhere in this package already. Landed at nearly every little island, tried to land on ships too. (That didn't work though, I got wet feet lol).

The ONLY problems I've had, and this is with ALL scenery, even default, I sometimes get black patches briefly while the textures are loading. I KNOW what this is, but I refuse to turn my settings down because I like to "look" at the scenery lol. My scenery settings are FULL except for autogen (dense or very dense depending on how I feel) and water (down 2 or 3 notches I think. 2X med?) I can see the reflection of the clouds anyway, which is good enough for me. My traffic is set to about 30% for cars and 40% for everything else.

My system? Not as good as you might think:

Windows XP Pro Media centre edition

Pentium core 2 duo 1.87ghz

2 gig ram

Audigy 2ZS and on board sound (one for voice and one for sounds)

Geforce GT 240 1gig memory (New)

and that's about it. I DID notice however that putting in the new Geforce card has made a difference, but not much. Was running this with a 9500GT with 512Mb ram okay.

Hope this helps? One more point, I don't have other programs installed on the PC, it's purely FSX specific. Also no UTX, GEX etc. Just different world scenery packages from many different sources.

Often You will see balck squares appear when the textures/effects for the various airport lights are loaded.

I think that is an inherrant problem with FSX.

Finn

• 3 weeks later...