Maldives X - The Malè Atolls (FSX only) Now Released.

Shaun Fletcher

I almost thought you asked for animated flora. :lol:

There are some dolphins sometimes to be found around Reethi Rah, but unfortunately the most interesting part of the Maldives' fauna can be found in the sea and FSX does not allow to dive.

cool, I would have put a bit more than one.. but heck better than nada.. going to try to find them! Etienne

Found them! sooo cooool.... Plz add more in a patch! whats about a whale and some birdies?

Birds would be very nice like in Tahiti X. Incidentally I looked at Male Island on Google and there are roads on that island and the Island of the Airport. I suppose we couldn't get any road traffic which would really be nice

I'm sure it won't be easy to recompile WoAI traffic into FSX format, so, yes, we'd rather suggest to buy one of our traffic products, I'm sure that should be ok as a suggestion. wink.gif

Actually it is easy. There's another utility called "FS9 to FSX converter". made by Peter van der Veen. It actually checks and convert airport data and outputs eveything to FSX compatible bgls. Some airports changed names and locations from FS9 and must bet change in FSX. After you install WOAI packages, you can select them all and convert at one time.

Even easier than AIFPC, which you have to do one at a time.

Credit to a another fellow who pointed this utility out over at Avsim.

Understandable though that you would want to cross sell another product that Aerosoft sells.

• Upvote 1

Fully. ;)

Thanks for the tip about the "FS9 to FSX converter" - I hope this solves some problems for our WoAI users. :)

The Maldives are indeed considered one of the best places for whale and dolphin spotting. But since the whales are (as far as I know) only found outside the atolls it would be necessary to place lots of them in order for you to find some. As AAA users know lots of animals (birds too) have a very nasty impact on frame rate, so we concentrated on the resorts and islands.

Yes, there are streets on the city island as well as on hulhumale obviously. But the latter is still a big construction site, thus not a lot of traffic at all, and in the city the building density makes it almost impossible to spot road traffic from above. Wouldn't make sense to waste FS ressources for traffic that is mostly invisible.

I can agree with the traffic issue on the Islands. I used the technique for converting FS9 WOAI files to FSX and It brought back the air taxi AI traffic. Thanks to cmpbllsjc for the suggestion.

I can agree with the traffic issue on the Islands. I used the technique for converting FS9 WOAI files to FSX and It brought back the air taxi AI traffic. Thanks to cmpbllsjc for the suggestion.

Glad it worked for you