Maldives X - The Malè Atolls (FSX only) Now Released.

Shaun Fletcher

imagenew.jpg The Malè Atolls, part of the Maldives islands is one of those places you really should visit. It's stunningly beautiful and an ideal location to relax.

Covering more than 4,000 sqkm the North- and South-Malè-Atolls are huge but the actual area of usable land is minute, and most holiday infrastructure is actually build on the water. It was also sadly missing in FSX, something one of our best designers solved with Maldives X, The Malè Atolls.

Even when the weather outside is dark and grim these islands will bask in glorious sunshine on your screen. As you explore the many islands in a sea plane (or even better, an amphibian like our Twin Otter or Catalina) you will see why this has been such a popular holiday destination for many who could afford it. But do take care, when the weather turns for the worst the lack of navigation stations means you could easily miss an island you were heading for and find yourself lost over the Indian Ocean. Of course you first need to get to the islands and that means serious long distance flight from any of the many airports worldwide that got direct connections to this very strange airport that's got an island of its own!

Features:

• Covers the main islands of the Maldives
  • Male International airport in great detail
  • Hundreds of lagoons and islands to explore
  • All tourist locations included
  • Very good framerates
  • High definition chart included
  • Ideally suitable for amphibian aircraft

[Product Page]

malex_11.jpg

malex_7.jpg

malex_12.jpg

malex_15.jpg

malex_8.jpg

malex_13.jpg

More Images

• Upvote 1

Hi folks,

first of all: This is a milestone in FSX scenery-design. I'm completely stunned.

Unfortunately I don't see any Maldivian Air Taxi AI-Traffic in the scenery.

I've already copied the MaleX-Traffic.dll to my FSX/Scenery/World/Scenery folder but still I am completely alone at the MAT Base at Malé.

All sliders are set fully right, so I have no clue what went wrong with this.

My WOAI-Traffic is working without problems.

Some help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in adavance

Chris

There is no "MaleX-Traffic.dll". There's a "Traffic_Male_FSX.bgl" in the Maldives X high priority scenery folder and it should remain there. For MyTraffic2010 users this file is disabled. For all other users it is active. If you still see no traffic this is due to other traffic addons using FS9-formatted traffic. This is a known issue with WOAI traffic. ;)

OK, my fault but I meant the file you mentioned.

So if I got you right I have got two opportunities.

1) Disable my complet WOAI-traffic so the Male X Traffic will show

2) Insert WOAI-like MAT and TMA AI-traffic which will show up together with my WOAI traffic.

Is that correct?

Regards

Chris

I too have just purchased Maldives X. I noticed there are no recognizable afcads for these airports. I too have WOAI and I would like to create some trafic but I need to know which are the afcads for the Maldive airports and what are the ICAO letters for them? I also noticed there is no road traffic like Tahiti X has. Could you identify the names of these afcad bgls

Regional ICAO code for the Maldives is VR??. There are 5 airports on the Maldives: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_airports_in_Maldives

The Twin Otters land on water and dock on small pods where the tourists change onto ships. You will find all AFD-files for the complete Maldives in the Aerosoft AFD folder (all MAT and TMA destinations).

Oh, and road traffic: there are no roads on the Maldives. :D

Regional ICAO code for the Maldives is VR??. There are 5 airports on the Maldives: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_airports_in_Maldives

The Twin Otters land on water and dock on small pods where the tourists change onto ships. You will find all AFD-files for the complete Maldives in the Aerosoft AFD folder (all MAT and TMA destinations).

Oh, and road traffic: there are no roads on the Maldives. :D

Thank You very much for your quick answer. This will help me immeasurably to create the traffic I need.

Some early feeback:

It is cool!, it is great! and it DOES look like the maldives! (flew a bit there so I know what I am talking about). Great Job! Also it is a fps friendly as it can be.

:grouprespect_s:

Now... what could be marginally better:

- atoll tend to have 3 distincts colours of blue (outside , ring, inside), here we mostly have 2 (as most of the time the inside colour equals the outside ones), some still have 3 in the scene (so it can be done) but in my memory, most have 3 in reality.

- getting a moiree effect on the roof of the bungalows, sort of flickering and bit anoying (DX10, latest nvidia driver, Geoforce 8800 GTX, no biggie but anoying).

- havent seen much animal animation (dolphins, birds, whales etc.. is there any?) same question for moving boats.

- Please add more atolls! [ari/rasdu could be a must as it is where most tourist fly to go diving / honeymooning], would also be nice to have another "land" airport to fly to! (or maybe a small US fleet with an aircraft career parked east of the atoll?) Maybe the "grand plan" could be to cover everything between Male to Laamu atoll... But I can see why it wouldnt make business sence.

Still I really like it, dont misunderstand me!

:goodjob_s:

• Upvote 1

Have this wonderful scenery. I have read here about no traffic. I see one aircraft.

I don't have My traffic 2010. I do have Woai which you say cause problems of no traffic.

I have place Afd in proper folder, still no traffic. I don't know how to disable, add etc

to get water taxi traffic. Can someone help me? Thank you.

As I wrote before, WoAI uses FS9-code, which will not work with FSX-coded AI traffic. You need to disable all WoAI traffic in order to see the Maldives traffic - or try to create your own schedules using the MAT and TMA Twin Otters if you don't want to disable WoAI and don't like to purchase MYT. ;)

What a big dissapoint. You scenery is only one I have problem with no traffic.

Airport is dead. If I disable woia, I have no traffic at other airports.

I know nothing about create schedules. That is something I never bother with.

Do not have My traffic, no plan to buy at the moment.

Anyone know of a program-tutorial on way to create schedules?

Scenery is good but I won't be happy until full effect is there.

You scenery is only one I have problem with no traffic.

That is most probably not true. Of course lots of scenery addons don't come with custom traffic so you won't be disspointed there (unless you're disappointed that they didn't bother to create custom traffic in the first place of course).

Now please don't complain about us doing a good job, complain about others still developing FS9 software and call it fsx addons. ;)

I'm not complain about your "good work" that is why I own many, many of

Aerosoft products because of the quality.

When I spend funds on something, I think I have right to ask question if I don't quite

understand or have issue.

A little bit arrogant.

Not at all, it's just that a lot of scenery addons that come with custom traffic will show this issue if you use WoAI.

In the end you have to decide yourself: disable WoAI or try to create WoAI traffic for the Maldives (I wonder why there's no Maldivian traffic in WoAI anyway).

I wonder why there's no Maldivian traffic in WoAI anyway

There is, Thorsten... It isn't listed by country as being in the Maldives, but most (if not all) of the airlines I linked to earlier in this thread are available at WOAI. Just wish they'd switch to FSX models so we wouldn't need to disable them to see boat traffic.

I am really interested in this scenery and I will likely buy it. I have missed my old Lago scenery since I switched over to FSX.

I must say that you guys are being a little dishonest here able the ai issue. You are omitting that they can convert all of their WofAI traffic over to FSX style really easily. I'm not saying that you should give instructions but not telling them is a lie by omission.

Are you doing this to get more people to by MyTraffic2010?

There are some sacrifices with concverted traffic namely that you can't enable shadows on some scenery but why completely omit the fact that the traffic can be converted? I have a ton of world of AI on my system working side by side with ships and a full compliment of Ultimate Traffic 2 AI.

-Jeff

You are omitting that they can convert all of their WofAI traffic over to FSX style really easily... Are you doing this to get more people to by MyTraffic2010?

Well, he is employed by Aerosoft, you know... blush.gif

Since they don't sell anything to convert them from FS9 to FSX format, you can't expect them to divulge information others may not know.

I dont have this scenery, but I am using WOAI in addition to Ultimate Traffic 2. I also have ship and boats runnning in FSX with no problem.

I don't think the problem is that the WOAI is using FS9 models, since UT2 also has some, but the fact that the WOAI flight plans come stock in FS9 format.

All you need to do is use a utility like AIFPC and convert the WOAI flight plans to FSX format. Once that's done all the AI should work together, at least in my case they do. I haven't had any problem running the stock boats & ship traffic, WOAI, UT2, and even some of my own traffic bgl's all working together at once.

All you need to do is use a utility like AIFPC and convert the WOAI flight plans to FSX format.

I tried that route, too much of a headache. Gave in and purchased MYT2010, only to have the system get a brain cramp and not give me a download page. Got an email into support, should be squared away before too long. Converting would be great, if WOAI compiled everything into a single bgl file, like PAI.

We're afraid we cannot give much help on WoAI since we don't know how it is developed. There's certainly no secret we hide, we just kept to what the SDK suggested in terms of AI traffic.

I'm sure it won't be easy to recompile WoAI traffic into FSX format, so, yes, we'd rather suggest to buy one of our traffic products, I'm sure that should be ok as a suggestion. ;)