FSMap updated to Version 1.20

Shaun Fletcher

FSMap, our favorite digital charts application is just updated to version 1.20. There are some minor bug fixed and a new option to select the drawing library was added. There were some problem using Direct2D with some older video cards and those should now be fixed. The complete download version has been updated and there is an update for the current download and boxed customers in the updates section. I assume you know there is a complete try before you buy option! You really should try it out.

Links: [Product Page] [updates]

fsmap_105.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

What I would like to know abt this addon is that is it a reasonable substitute software to jeppesen charts ?

I mean will I be able to view Airport terminal charts and the SID's and Stars based on real time ? And that can I update the charts ?

• 4 weeks later...

What I would like to know abt this addon is that is it a reasonable substitute software to jeppesen charts ?

I mean will I be able to view Airport terminal charts and the SID's and Stars based on real time ? And that can I update the charts ?

I have some experience with FSMap. It is payware and comes loaded only with VFR charts of Germany, Austria, Benelux, and Switzerland. As fas as I can see, there have been no chart updates. If you want charts for other areas there is a system for loading these from your own scanned maps/charts or possibly from online digitised versions of these - if you can source them. I do not know if Google maps can be integrated with FSMap. If you plan to add charts you will need to know the type of projection used (e.g. Lambert Conic) and you will have to take care with graphics size (max 5.000 x 5.000 pixels) so that the images of each map 'tile' will fit in the map 'gauge'. I was unable to understand how the graphics files are calibrated for added charts.

The instructions for installation and use could be clearer, and as you can infer from my comments, they are somewhat technical. My guess is that most users will find them difficult or impossible to follow. If you fly VFR in the above countries, and can get FSMap to install and run successfully, it has some features which will enhance the flight simulation experience.

John

• 1 month later...

The instructions for installation and use could be clearer, and as you can infer from my comments, they are somewhat technical. My guess is that most users will find them difficult or impossible to follow. If you fly VFR in the above countries, and can get FSMap to install and run successfully, it has some features which will enhance the flight simulation experience.

John

Maybe the author of this software could provide cahrts for other countries at a small fee, since it's a bit problematic for normal users to add charts themselves. Personally I'm looking for charts over Scandinavia. If such options where available I'm sure more people would buy the package.

Maybe the author of this software could provide cahrts for other countries at a small fee, since it's a bit problematic for normal users to add charts themselves. Personally I'm looking for charts over Scandinavia. If such options where available I'm sure more people would buy the package.

Hi Fred,

We have already looked into this issue of obtaining charts from various countries and the asking fee's are so astronomical it would bump the price of FSMap up to a ridiculous fee. It's a lot cheaper and easier for an individual to purchase either the paper or digital charts themselves. I do and find no issues or problem in placing and calibrating them into FSMap.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...

FSMap, our favorite digital charts application is just updated to version 1.20. There are some minor bug fixed and a new option to select the drawing library was added. There were some problem using Direct2D with some older video cards and those should now be fixed. The complete download version has been updated and there is an update for the current download and boxed customers in the updates section. I assume you know there is a complete try before you buy option! You really should try it out.

Links: [Product Page] [updates]

fsmap_105.jpg

Hi Shaun.

I downloaded the demo version of FSMAP but it insists on full registration so it cannot be run. I would really like to try this. I read the readme and also opened the help file but could find no information on installing demo

Thanks

Ian

Hi Shaun.

I downloaded the demo version of FSMAP but it insists on full registration so it cannot be run. I would really like to try this. I read the readme and also opened the help file but could find no information on installing demo

Thanks

Ian

As far as I recall once you download it, install you should then get an option to run in Demo Mode and I believe you need a Demo Key to run it also. Have you obtained the Demo Key??