Simcheck/Aerosoft A-300 project

Hi all,

Time for my 2 cents.

The visuals are what they are, we have worked months on getting the feel that we envisaged to be a good one. Some people will like it others will not, that is fine with me. I personally (being an old-fashioned, pure 2D pilot) think the visuals are stunning but you can hardly call me unbiased happy.gif. Anyway, I don't see the point on going on about this so I won't.

Please note that if there are mistakes in the model or in the panel then we will gladly tackle those, but that is a separate issue.

When we started this project many years ago we wanted to make a "pilots aircraft". We have focussed on the handling of the aircraft so you feel like you are flying the real thing. A lot of attention has also gone into programming the autopilot (or Automatic Flight Control System-AFCS) because in the end the reason why we like FS is because we like flying!

Real life A300 pilots have confirmed that we come really close to the actual aircraft taking into acount that the basic platform we work from is ... a game (yes, it is a game).

We understand that not every FS pilot wants to fly a "difficult" aircraft and there are plenty simulations out there to make these people happy. We have choosen a different path however and the first time you try to fly our tutorial flight from Brussels to London you'll know what I'm talking about.

But remember this is a 3-crew aircraft with some very parculiar autopilot modes that are completely unfamiliar to many, and you have to do it all by yourself ! In my opinion that makes the A300 such a fun and challenging aircraft to fly!

Björn

SimCheck Software

Hi all,

Time for my 2 cents.

The visuals are what they are, we have worked months on getting the feel that we envisaged to be a good one.  Some people will like it others will not, that is fine with me. I personally (being an old-fashioned, pure 2D pilot) think the visuals are stunning but you can hardly call me unbiased happy.gif. Anyway, I don't see the point on going on about this so I won't.

Please note that if there are mistakes in the model or in the panel then we will gladly tackle those, but that is a separate issue.

When we started this project many years ago we wanted to make a "pilots aircraft". We have focussed on the handling of the aircraft so you feel like you are flying the real thing. A lot of attention has also gone into programming the autopilot (or Automatic Flight Control System-AFCS) because in the end the reason why we like FS is because we like flying!

Real life A300 pilots have confirmed that we come really close to the actual aircraft taking into acount that the basic platform we work from is ... a game (yes, it is a game).

We understand that not every FS pilot wants to fly a "difficult" aircraft and there are plenty simulations out there to make these people happy. We have choosen a different path however and the first time you try to fly our tutorial flight from Brussels to London you'll know what I'm talking about.

But remember this is a 3-crew aircraft with some very parculiar autopilot modes that are completely unfamiliar to many, and you have to do it all by yourself ! In my opinion that makes the A300 such a fun and challenging aircraft to fly!

Björn

SimCheck Software

All fantastic stuff! Could you look into the possibility of releasing a video tutorial on how to use the systems and fly this Airbus with the release? I must admit I will be completely in the dark to begin with but I do like a challenge and a tutorial of sorts would be a great help :D  And congratulations on a great looking project!

I'm more and more liking the sound of this. Although I must say, Yesterday I started to learn the PMDG 747 seriously, and after fiddling around with airplanes like the 727, I found the automation to be a blessing. Still, it's an interesting experience to fly these old jetliners, and I'll be more than glad to fly the A300.

Guest FlyingDoctor

People who need the ultimative challenge should try the TU154M. I fly this thing for two weeks now and must say, that it is beyond everything in FS so far! incredible and unbeatable system-depth, nice modelled VC and interior, absolutely stunning exterieor, and - it`s free!!

Just a little hint until the Airbus is out :) !

People who need the ultimative challenge should try the TU154M. I fly this thing for two weeks now and must say, that it is beyond everything in FS so far! incredible and unbeatable system-depth, nice modelled VC and interior, absolutely stunning exterieor, and - it`s free!!

Hey I just checked their site, it's not for FSX :(

Too sad :( ! why not doing this more photoreal ? I couldn`t live with it. As much as I `d like to see te 300 in my sim.

I don't like photoreal cockpits. They never look right. The cockpit looks out of place within the simulator, which as whole, is not photoreal.

To each their own.

Really beautiful looking aircraft coming up B). The VC texturing looks different from anything I've seen before and it looks great. Looking forward to this. Never been much of a tubefan, but I might give this a go.

Wow this looks like a great addition to FSX!

Will you consider an upgraded 600 version later on after release of 200B?

As much as I love a little IRS flying, i do like a nice A300-600! Also would go well with a A310! But i can dream.........

Amazing how you wander off topic again ;-)

This topic is about an upcoming airbus release...

André F

• Upvote 2

Amazing how you wander off topic again ;-)

This topic is about an upcoming airbus release...

We are more then aware what is out there and if you think that

is stunning you must be new to this hobby lol .

André F

Andre: I too think it is stunning, and I'm by no means new. It's FREE, and therefor it's stunning. Compare it too many payware releases, and you'll see the PT Tu-154 isn't as stunning as you'd think., but because it's free, it ends up in entirely different category. In that category, it's stunning.

@ Mathijs and the NLS team.

You guys should really start slowing down with all these new HIGH-END products like this A-300 (NLS), soon Amsterdam scenery and the A-380 (NLS) etc. My wallet can't cope with it :P They are right, the Christmas period always is more expensive than planned!:D

• Aerosoft

@ Mathijs and the NLS team.

You guys should really start slowing down with all these new HIGH-END products like this A-300 (NLS), soon Amsterdam scenery and the A-380 (NLS) etc. My wallet can't cope with it :P They are right, the Christmas period always is more expensive than planned!:D

Well you'll be happy that we only released US Cities X: Chicago then!

• Upvote 1

i think it looks great! the VC is phenomenal, i dont think there are many steam gauge airliners of this quality VC out there, especially not this. i saw it was coming out awhile ago, but the website for simcheck seemed to have disappeared, so i thought the project was cancelled, and was dissapointed. anyway, one thing i observed from some of the screenshots is the shape of the nose, it seems a bit like the front windshields dont quite fit with the shape. as an artist who sketches and paints aircraft all the time, i pay close attention to the nose and windows, as i think it helps define the aircrafts "personality." i also know how difficult it is to get it right and with a sim its not too big of a deal as your in the cockpit most of the time, and as i said the cockpit looks great so far. its probably too late to change it, and i think the product still looks great, i was just curious whether anyone else felt the importance of the nose in the exterior model.

good job im lookin forward to it B)

• Aerosoft

This looks cool. And I like the way it looks too. How soon will the box version be ready?

Normally we do the box a few weeks after the download. It's easy to add some customer request things (and fix a few bugs)on a download version but it is just not nice for a customer to buy a box in a shop and then have to download almost the whole thing as an update, right? These days, when a lot of the systems are included into the model (and not as separate gauges) even a small fix can mean having to download 75% of each model.

• Upvote 1

Like we did with the DA Piper? :lol:

I'm glad it's coming out in a box format. Not a FSX fan but the Twin Otter is the only reason I fly FSX (it's just plain awesome), and now maybe this bird will see me doing longer hauls......