Simcheck/Aerosoft A-300 project

• Aerosoft

Not to be confused with the Aerosoft Airbus A321/320 project, we like to introduce the Simcheck A-300 that will be distributed (both boxed and in download) by Aerosoft early next year. Release is scheduled for late January. The Project Manager William will tell you more details about this complex and detailed aircraft.

post-43-12604542359_thumb.jpg

post-43-12604542379_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

I´m really looking forward to the A300.

But you have to know there is a A300/A310 simulator which is even a little better than the Simcheck one.

OK, it costs 342.000,- Euro but has a great 3D-cockpit :lol:

Look here and scroll down to the end:

http://www.simaviatik.com/downloads/Simulators_for_Sale.pdf

If I had the money....

Just kidding

Regards,

Timo

@Mathijs: If simaviatik is a direct competitor, then please delete my post and excuse me...

I´m really looking forward to the A300.

But you have to know there is a A300/A310 simulator which is even a little better than the Simcheck one.

OK, it costs 342.000,- Euro but has a great 3D-cockpit laugh.gif

Look here and scroll down to the end:

http://www.simaviati...rs_for_Sale.pdf

If I had the money....

Just kidding

Regards,

Timo

@Mathijs: If simaviatik is a direct competitor, then please delete my post and excuse me...

LOL, that flightsimulator stands at my school, it's never used for professional use anymore though.. sleep.gif !

Their website looks very legit. The VC looks amazing, especially the night lighting!

I don't know much about the A300, other than it's an old Airbus, and that American Airlines just retired theirs!

Is there any more info on this project? Like... framerate friendly, focusing on systems over visuals, etc...?

-Matt

• Administrator

OK, here we go. Some information on the Simcheck Airbus A300B4-200 and as Mathijs correctly pointed out not to be confused with the Airbus A321/320 project. Although being an Airbus, this A300 is undeniably a completely different airplane to the modern Airbus fleet, in fact its hard work to fly it keeping in mind that a cockpit crew of 3 are used in real life. And this is exactly where the emphasis lies on this add-on, a realistic simulation of all the systems of this aircraft. But don´t worry, once you got the basics, you´ll manage. In the graphics department we have not used photorealistic background images for the VC but nevertheless SimCheck have done an excellent job in creating a superb and functioning VC environment. Even the engineers panel is functionable in VC mode.

Flightplans can be loaded into the INS system (if you want to avoid the adventure of loading coordinates manually) which for me was an adventure by itself as I´m more used to operating high fidelity FMC´s. Sit on the tarmac and call the fuel truck for real time fueling via the fuel panel and then get going. Its different, but good!

For the moment only an FSX version is planned, but...who knows.

post-2320-126079560957_thumb.jpg

post-2320-126079568088_thumb.jpg

post-2320-126079577724_thumb.jpg

post-2320-12607959123_thumb.jpg

post-2320-126079601421_thumb.jpg

post-2320-126079609383_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

So, at a later date we can expect a FS9 version? And if not, I'll wait untill I can run FSX proparly :-) I've always wanted a good A300. I love those old, steam-gauge-filled cockpits.

I have to say that nightlighting and the little "wear and tear" looks very nice,

but since a few weeks "we" aerosoft customers are a little bit "spoilt" by the polygon-wonder A321!

Obviously the A300 seems to have much less polygons, but maybe this is an advantage concerning the FPS!?

Regards,

Timo

I have to say that nightlighting and the little "wear and tear" looks very nice,

but since a few weeks "we" aerosoft customers are a little bit "spoilt" by the polygon-wonder A321!

Obviously the A300 seems to have much less polygons, but maybe this is an advantage concerning the FPS!?

Regards,

Timo

The system complexity of the A300 will be far and beyond the A321/A320, though, for as far as I understand, and this will, still, drag down FPS. Probably not a lot, though, because there is no FMC.

... because there is no FMC.

Yes, because of this i´m looking forward to fly this baby. Old-school-style: INS, VOR, ADF, DME and a real paper chart with coffee-spots on it...

Timo

PS: Not quite right: The A300-600 already had a ND and a FMC and was modified for a two-men-cockpit.

Yes, because of this i´m looking forward to fly this baby. Old-school-style: INS, VOR, ADF, DME and a real paper chart with coffee-spots on it...

Timo

PS: Not quite right: The A300-600 already had a ND and a FMC and was modified for a two-men-cockpit.

The version included in this package is the A300B4-200, not the -600. Also, if you look in the VC, you'll notice an INS, no FMC/CDU. But yeah, the -600 was modified for two pilots, as you said.

Finally, an Airbus A/P I might understand ;-)

Looks absolutely stunning to me! That will definitely be a great pleasure to fly.

A300 is not a piece of cake (like the self-flying A320 series, lol), but a real challenge.

Especially when treated with care for systems depth. Like in this case, I guess.

I've played with CIVA/Groza/INS navigation tools in RFP 742 and PT Tu-154. Satisfaction guaranteed.

For the moment only an FSX version is planned, but...who knows.

You know! ;) And I hope you'll make it an FS9 product too, for many hard core (hence this kind of simulation) simmers who have stayed in FS9, including myself.

Always pleasure to watch such good projects Good luck with it!

• Upvote 1

You know! ;) And I hope you'll make it an FS9 product too, for many hard core (hence this kind of simulation) simmers who have stayed in FS9, including myself.

Always pleasure to watch such good projects Good luck with it!

When we decided 2 years ago to only do an FSX model we could not have foreseen that FS would be dropped by MS. We did also not expect that more than 2 years after FSX was released, many people would still be flying FS9 ! But sometimes things don't go the way you expect...

We have not made any decision about an FS9 version at this point, it is quite a task downgrading to an older version of FS especially when many FSX only features have sneaked into the model and the programming of the panel.

Björn

SimCheck Software

We don't like to compare our model to anyone elses so I won't go there if you don't mind.

I do know that we are in a constant battle with FSX for memory and fps. FSX is a resource sucking monster and we have tried to keep the fps as high as possible, to do that we had to put a cap on the number of poly's. The model is still very high quality however.

Björn

SimCheck Software

Hello, Björn

it is quite a task downgrading to an older version of FS especially when many FSX only features have sneaked into the model and the programming of the panel

I can fully understand it and even if this will only be an FSX addon, I will watch its development with interest.

Looks like one of the most intriguing projects of the last years to me.

Hats off to people creating products combining complexity and quality. I'm sure this one will do.

And by the way:

We did also not expect that more than 2 years after FSX was released, many people would still be flying FS9!
I became aware of it as soon as I installed FSX and understood what disappointment it was. To me (and many others).

Mathijs, don't say anything if you're reading it! ;)

• Upvote 1

Hello!

Well, the polygon count is not very high - although the polygon count does not really bring down FSX performance primarily - its more the materials and ways of mapping things - and the amount of draw calls that are generated in the end ;) also, the gauges that are mapped inside the VC bring down the performance significantly. And as the A300 has a flight deck with LOTS of individual guages, last but not least because of the FE panel and the fact that nearly every switch and every system is operational in this addon, it will take some performance of course.

However, the resulting performance requirements are in the mid range...

from my comparison (Q9300, GTX260, 4GB Ram):

default 737: 35-60 fps (or even more... depends on the situation)

NLS A380-800 ( of course thats not a completed aircraft :D ): 25-40 fps

Simcheck A300: 20-35 fps

PMDG B747-400: 10-20fps

PMDG JS41: even a bit less... the highest I got was around 17 fps

polygon counts for the SimCheck A300 are as follows:

VC: 67487 polygons

external model: 56129 polygons

here are some shots from 3dsmax if you are interested ;)

a300_vc_3dsmax01.jpg

a300_vc_3dsmax02.jpg

a300_ext_3dsmax1.jpg

• Upvote 1

Awesome, awesome and again awesome!

From the visual point of view - a masterpiecie to come.

One of the best examples of night lighting I've ever seen in MFS (or the best one).

I think I'm gonna make an XP wallpaper out of it.

Hope you don't mind, Oliver.

EDIT: Gosh, I do hate posts saying no more than 'great', 'awesome', 'bravo'. But I just couldn't resist...

I'm glad you like it! However, I must admit that visually there are better things out there... if I look at the PMDG JS41 with photo textures for example ;) but we are pretty confident with the result anyway... the A300 was not intended to be the visually best aircraft out there :D we just made the best out of it to create a solid and "round" product...

I am glad that you like it tho :)

The etxerior model is delicious. I'm not convinced the VC is the best out there, but it gets the job done more than well. In any case, I'd be happy flying it, and that's what counts ^_^

Am I the only one who think the exterior textures look a little bit to blurry?

P.S.

Great to hear about the FPS. I run FSX on a really crappy machine but so far no good reason to upgrade!

P.P.S I guess the JS 41 was on maximum PMDG aircraft settings?