Aes only works once

dashcapt

I have setup aes twice now and on both occassions it has stopped working after one run. The vistamare title is only in the addon for the first run then it dissappers. I also get the aes does not fit the running flight sim message which I have tried the fix for on the forum but this does not work. I have also deleted and reinstalled flight sim but again the same happened. Can you please help.

Thanks

• Developer

Did I understand it correct, that after the first Run you did get the popup in FSX, that you must agree the load of the vistacorex.dll? And did you accept it?

Did you see the Vistamare submenu below Add-ons?

I have just noticed that this seems to be a problem caused when using the leveld 767. If swap to a default aircraft from fsx the vistamare title returns to the addon box.

• Developer

So, you mean:

1) When you use a default aircraft (other then LevelD 767), the Vistamare Menu under addons is visable and all AES features will work.

2) When you select a flight with the LD 767, the Vistamare menu disappear and AES don't work.

What happens, if you select a default cessna on startup, then switching via the aircraft menu to the LevelD, did the Vistamare menu is still there? Did AES works then?

Thanks for the replies so far. The situation at the moment is that if I load fsx with a default aircraft then the vistamare menu is there but still aes does not work. This is again after deleting the vistamare folder as suggested in the forum. I do not get the security questions on startup. If I load the leveld software the vistamare menu is lost. Leveld has two menus in the addon section but only one will show when the aircraft is not loaded. This maybe part of the problem.

• Developer

Can you please start AESHelp->got to Support -> Collect important FS Files

Then you will see a Directory SUPPORT below the <FSX>\Aerosoft\AES directory.

Please Zip this Support directory and send this file to support@aerosoft.com with a note to this post here, so that they forward the file to me.

• Developer

Ok,

I have take a look to the FSX.cfg and the DLL.XML file and all looks normal for me.

The only "issue" maybe is the installation of the FSX in the default directory C:\Program Files\... which can sometime make problems with Vista UAC. But I don't think it is the reason of this problem.

What you can try is to disable the LVLD.DLL load entry in the DLL.XML (you find this file in

C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

The is the section

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Level-D Simulations</Name>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>

<Path>Modules\LVLD.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

where you can set the <Disabled>False</Disabled> to

<Disabled>True</Disabled>

so that the DLL is not loaded. In this case the LVLD should not add any menu entry (but you can't use the LVLD in that time), so that you can check, if AES will work in this config with other aircrafts.

I don't have any info's, that there is a problem with the LVLD in FSX and AES, but you never know.

Just to close this, I removed aes and the imagine KATL scenery and also uk2000 scenery which I had installed. I installed the aes and the uk2000 scenery and tried again, everything worked fine. I then loaded the imagine KATL again which triggered a jetway .BGL error. and aes stopped working. I removed KATL again and aes worked. I have since reloaded KATL placed the aircraft into that scenery and turned aes on and it loaded fine and has worked since. Can't explain this but as I say it works now although when the level D aircraft is used I still don't get the vistamare menu in the addon section.

• Developer

Ok, did I understand the last sentence correct: AES works with the Level D, but you have no Vistamare Menu entry, correct? If so, I think Level D has a bug in the Menu add sequence, but as long as AES is working, not critical. You only need the vistamenu to set the Keykombi.

• 1 year later...

Hi Oliver yes thats correct but I can get the vistamere menu when not using level D and change anything I need to then. Many thanks for your help.

Hi Oliver im in the exact same poisition (Using AES 2.11) and my problem is with the AirSimmer A320, if i load up a random flight with the AS320 AES works no problem at my departure and arrival airport, but when im at my arrival airport pre-paring to head back to my original departure airport (e.g. FRA-LHR-FRA) and i change the aircraft for the new flight number vistamare disapeers thus aes does too. Be glad if you could help me :)

• Developer

Hi Oliver im in the exact same poisition (Using AES 2.11) and my problem is with the AirSimmer A320, if i load up a random flight with the AS320 AES works no problem at my departure and arrival airport, but when im at my arrival airport pre-paring to head back to my original departure airport (e.g. FRA-LHR-FRA) and i change the aircraft for the new flight number vistamare disapeers thus aes does too. Be glad if you could help me :)

Sorry, never heard about this problem with any other aircraft in FS9, so when Airsimmers makes something wrong with the registation of the Modules into the Menu (which will happen when the aircraft is loaded), then it is a bug in there modules. Other airplanes, like PMDG do the same, but without any effect to Vistamare or other modules. I couldn't do anything here and I don't think you get someone from Airsimmers to correct this issue :blush:

Sorry, never heard about this problem with any other aircraft in FS9, so when Airsimmers makes something wrong with the registation of the Modules into the Menu (which will happen when the aircraft is loaded), then it is a bug in there modules. Other airplanes, like PMDG do the same, but without any effect to Vistamare or other modules. I couldn't do anything here and I don't think you get someone from Airsimmers to correct this issue :blush:

Ok thanks for your reply anyway :)

Oliver i've sorted my AirSimmer issue it just requires i start FS2004 with the Default Cessna and then load up the AirSimmer and absoloutely no problems with AES :D just wondering if you could give me a personal update to EICK AES ? the actual AirBridge on Stand 9 is never used and is out of action even though its still there stairs are used instead of it, could you update this when you get a chance?

• Upvote 1