AES 2.04 doesn't see TropicalSim KDAB

w6kd

I have TropicalSim's KDAB installed in FS9, but the AES Airport Activation Menu doesn't list it as an installed airport. If I uncheck the box "list only installed airports" it's in the box in red.

How do I activate it under those circumstances?

Regards

Bob Scott

• Developer

Please check, if the airport is correct shown in the Scenery Library List of the FS9 and if you could found a file kdabx_gate1.bgl in the scenery directory of that Airport Addon.

Please check, if the airport is correct shown in the Scenery Library List of the FS9 and if you could found a file kdabx_gate1.bgl in the scenery directory of that Airport Addon.

Hi Oliver;

The airport is in the scenery list, but there is no kdabx_gate1.bgl file. I see three jetway-related bgl files...kdabjetway1.bgl, kdabjetwaystat.bgl, and kdab-intljetway.bgl.

Is it possible the kdabx_gate1.bgl is only in the fsx version of the scenery (hence the "x" in "kdabx_..." ?

Regards

Bob Scott

Then you must check, if you have the correct version: http://secure.simmarket.com/tropicalsim-daytona-beach-intl-airport-(en_3582).phtml

The files of my version have a date around 20 February this year

TropicalSim has a standalone version 2 of their KDAB scenery...apparently they are still selling an older version of the KDAB scenery as part of their Carribean scenery bundle, which is what I bought from SimMarket in May 09. Might be a good idea to highlight "V2" in your compatibility list. I will take up the problem with selling outdated software directly with them.

Cheers

Bob

• Developer

TropicalSim has a standalone version 2 of their KDAB scenery...apparently they are still selling an older version of the KDAB scenery as part of their Carribean scenery bundle, which is what I bought from SimMarket in May 09. Might be a good idea to highlight "V2" in your compatibility list. I will take up the problem with selling outdated software directly with them.

Cheers

Bob

Yep, the problem is, that they don't have really a good versioning at there airports and so I will lost the overview my self sometimes. So I only can like the product page they gave me.

Well, the happy ending is that TropicalSim sent me the updated scenery, so it's all sorted now.

Thanks for the quick support Oliver.

Cheers

Bob