Flight Keeper some questions

skywreck

Purchased Flight Keeper VA version back in 2005 and then upgraded to 2.7 -

Want to upgrade to the latest VA version, but finding the whole process rather

confusing. Using the update facility on the 2.7 version I downloaded file:

AS_FSFK_301.zip which I then proceded to install on my computer (Vista Ultimate 64 SP2)

but kept getting an error at the end of the installation process:

Error 1935. An error occurred during the installation of assembly of Microsoft.VC80.CRT,

public keytoken=1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b", type="Win32", version=8.0.50727.762, processor architecture="X86",

Please refer to help and support for more information.

Any idea what this error is all about? Does the new version not support Vista 64? - Version 2.7 installed just fine

without any problems.

Where can I download the latest VA version

How do I go about obtaining the reduced price upgrade option?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Joaquin

Hi,

seems to be a very common problem (at least if you count the Google results if you do a search for this 1935 MSI error). I found the following suggestion from a MS supporter:

1. Reboot the machine

2. Disable windows update

3. Restart FSFK setup

4. When FSFK Setup is done, enable windows update

Hope that helps

Thomas

Hi,

seems to be a very common problem (at least if you count the Google results if you do a search for this 1935 MSI error). I found the following suggestion from a MS supporter:

1. Reboot the machine

2. Disable windows update

3. Restart FSFK setup

4. When FSFK Setup is done, enable windows update

Hope that helps

Thomas

Thanks for your reply Thomas. I had googled this error and have Windows Update disabled both in the settings panel and as a service.

However this procedure does not resolve the issue and installation continues to return same error. Oh well....I cannot think of anything

else.

Guest Hodge001

Hi Joaquin

I don’t now if this will be of any use to you but I do seem to remember that this error can be a result of a problem with the systems .netframework installation, you could probably try uninstalling Microsoft .netframework and reinstalling the latest version, don’t forget that you will have to reboot the system before installing you software, in this case FSFK.

I hope it helps.

Jim Hodkinson