Very favorable review on Flightsim for the Discus

Robert S

Great review on Flightsim for the Discus Glider

Of course everyone may like a review or not, that's fine with me.

Just let me, on this occasion, say that FlightSim 'reviews' are more like advertisement rather than reviews.

They are always quite short, positive and include no or very little criticism.

And somehow (of course that might be a coincidence) all their reviewed products are offered in the Flightsim Shop.

My words have nothing to do with the Discus product as I don't own it. And I believe it is a good product.

It's just very hard to find good FS reviews these days, even on AVSIM (definitely more objective than FlightSim).

And I really value the word 'review'.

Let me repeat again: don't misunderstand me, please. :)

It's a thought on reviews, not the Discus.

• Upvote 1

Writing an in-depth review is no easy endeavour, that is for sure. Another "issue" is that there is nothing really to compare it to - in this case as long as it flies and looks half decent then it will score well...

As a beta tester on the Discus, I can tell you that the reviewer has overlooked many of the advanced capabilities of the glider, and many of his "niggles" are due to improper settings as recommended in the manual that comes with the Discus. I also agree with most of the comments listed in these replies...

That being said however, I still believe his review is very beneficial to both the casual simmer and Aerosoft.

By the way, Flightsim does not always produce favorable reviews. For example, I trust any of Bill Stack's reviews; here is one in which he clearly does not favor the product:

http://www.flightsim.com/main/review/ecancun.htm

I think it depends on the reviewer, but the mix of both the serious and casual simmers provides enough variation to appeal to all levels of flight sim fans.

But ultimately, it's a positive review to add to the list and that is good marketing for Aerosoft ;)

Personally I am glad that this product has got a good review as I believe it deserves it.

It is an excellent product, quite clearly the result of lots of hours of work and my own view is that it is a fairly unique add-on for FSX which extends my own enjoyment of FSX by offering challenges and flight sim experiences that are different from other titles. Ever since I acquired it I have been a fan of this title and have happily given it the thumbs up to others when they have asked how I found it.

I hope that Aerosoft will consider releasing similar titles; I would have thought that there would be a market.