I am allowed to sell products I no longer use/want?

BlinkNFG

Hi,

I downloaded Mega Airport Heathrow (in 2007) from this website. However I recently replaced it with UK2000's version of Heathrow so I no longer use Mega Airport Heathrow.

Is it possible for me to sell my serial number so someone else can enjoy the airport (and I can raise funds for more flight sim purchases!)? I read the locked post at the top of the forum (second hand codes & car booth sales - a warning) which talked of the seller having to "contact us to have this [transfer serial to new person] done and we will present them with a invoice for that". Can you provide more details please?

Similarly I have a copy of FDC Live Cockpit that I no longer use and would consider selling it was possible.

thanks for clarification

Jon

• Aerosoft

Hi,

I downloaded Mega Airport Heathrow (in 2007) from this website. However I recently replaced it with UK2000's version of Heathrow so I no longer use Mega Airport Heathrow.

Is it possible for me to sell my serial number so someone else can enjoy the airport (and I can raise funds for more flight sim purchases!)? I read the locked post at the top of the forum (second hand codes & car booth sales - a warning) which talked of the seller having to "contact us to have this [transfer serial to new person] done and we will present them with a invoice for that". Can you provide more details please?

Similarly I have a copy of FDC Live Cockpit that I no longer use and would consider selling it was possible.

thanks for clarification

Jon

The serial code is linked to your email. So thew new owner will have to use your email to install it and to get support. That's of course possible but not very convenient. Also when this code later is found on pirate networks we'll come to you as we got you as the owner. Now we are willing to change the ownership of the product, but will only do so when we are 100% sure the original owner has removed the product and that either the original or the new owner pays us for the time we spend on altering our database.

All sounds a bit 'legal' but there is no way around this. Under German law we can not prevent you from selling it (and we most certainly do not feel the need to do so) but we are not required to do additional work without being reimbursed for that. Not a very comfortable and pleasant construction, but just imagine us having to update our database for one sale a few times. After the first resale we would already have lost money on that product.

The serial code is linked to your email. So thew new owner will have to use your email to install it and to get support. That's of course possible but not very convenient. Also when this code later is found on pirate networks we'll come to you as we got you as the owner. Now we are willing to change the ownership of the product, but will only do so when we are 100% sure the original owner has removed the product and that either the original or the new owner pays us for the time we spend on altering our database.

All sounds a bit 'legal' but there is no way around this. Under German law we can not prevent you from selling it (and we most certainly do not feel the need to do so) but we are not required to do additional work without being reimbursed for that. Not a very comfortable and pleasant construction, but just imagine us having to update our database for one sale a few times. After the first resale we would already have lost money on that product.

Ok fair enough - I think I'll just hang onto my products then (who knows having to keep them may even make me start using Live Cockpit again!. Out of interest how much would you charge for altering the database?

thanks for the reply

Jon

Sorry for going O.T., but Jon, could you please send me a sentence or two on the quality differences on the two sceneries?

Best regards,

Mikkelen

Hi,

I've sent you a PM (as it seems a bit unfair to post on Aerosoft's forum why I prefer another scenery to theirs - which is a great scenery in its own right)

Jon

• Aerosoft

Ok fair enough - I think I'll just hang onto my products then (who knows having to keep them may even make me start using Live Cockpit again!. Out of interest how much would you charge for altering the database?

thanks for the reply

Jon

Standard fee of 20 Euro. But we would only advise that for products that really need it (like RoF etc).