Approaching Innsbruck X

• Developer

Simware Simulations gives the availability date as 22nd January 2010, so I guess release is imminent (I hope)

Gents,

please don't get me wrong, but this kind of discussion is really not very reasonable. Neither aerosoft nor any other distribution partner has announced a fixed release date. It is always the same: the scenery will be released when it is finished. And you may trust on me: I am the last one who is blocking the release - I am highly interested to provide the community with the finalized version of LOWI-X as soon at possible.

greetz

• Aerosoft

Ok, ok, I have only read this:

Release: 18.01.2010

on Aerosoft site in pre-order section. And it still remains there :P

Well that's incorrect. Sorry, I will have it changed.

I got no date now to share, but anything you get from other sites (heck even our own) should be take with caution. Follow this forum and you will be the first to know.

• Developer

Someone please tell me the runway texture is not FSX Default runway texture (like the Aspen airport) rather its a custom texture.

Thx

Manny

confirmed. For the runway I used genuine photos; so they for sure do not look like FSX ;).

greetz

confirmed. For the runway I used genuine photos; so they for sure do not look like FSX ;).

greetz

So you went onto the runway to take pictures of it? Sorry if thats a rubbish question. I am really intrigued and intrested to know how the developers actually make the sceneries they make. How they get the photos how they do animations and everything. Would love possibly a document on how you do it Aerosoft!

• Developer

Nope,

No question is rubbish. Answers could be.

If I am talking from genuine photos I mean real photos from the runway (as far as the resolution is high enough). They way how I am handling them is my "working capital" - so you hopefully will understand that I cannot disclose it to potential competitors ;).

Just my two cents: the ability of designing sceneries isn't something that you may achieve by collecting information on a modular basis. In my experience it is a certain mixture of the readiness to learn hard, to have imagination and the willingness to waste tons of time due to try and error procedures. Additionally a kind of curiousness and exploritory spirit is required to develop your own distinctive style.

All of that of course can be replaced by using standardized objects which are content of payware placement tools. The result is quite satisfying but honestly speaking it is hard to find sceneries which are made with these tools really inspiring.

cu

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Developer

Dear all,

yesterday in the evening we were able to fix a major bug referring to the compatibilty to ATPX und UTX. Thus, the test cycles can be restarted and we are quite confident to finalize the tests within this week. If nothing unexpected occurs design team will provide aerosoft with the package for the implementation if the installer and for the production of the boxed version until friday this week.

See below a small screenshot of the heliport (LOJO) south of the airport. This picture shows the added obstacle lights as well as the light concept which represents an independent solution (outside FSX) - as a result runway lights will be visible during daylight in bad visibilty conditions. The picture is genuine (no rework in photoshop ;) ).

lichtstudie.jpg

kind regards

gianni

OH NO!

The senery will come out next week?!!

There is al lot of Karneval Party and NO TIME to fly. cheers_s.gif

I wait so long for the FSX version.

When it comes out, I must go to my chef, to become some days free.

My wife would by angry, when im at the computer and play with the FSX tongue.gif

The best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be???? INNSBRUCK

Thank you for workinggrouprespect_s.gif

• Developer

OH NO!

The senery will come out next week?!!

There is al lot of Karneval Party and NO TIME to fly.

Please login to display this image.

No, Stephan. I wrote that I will be able to forward the scenery to the publisher for the next steps (installer production, box production; these steps will need a little bit). I did not write that the scenery will be out next week.

So you may enjoy carnival without disturbance from LOWI-X ;)

cu

Guest Hodge001

Hi

I have been following this post for some time now, and I have to say it is superb work, and I am really looking forward to the release.

Jim Hodkinson

SCHMACKOFATZ!!!!

I love the scenery!

I will never play again with the FS9, when I saw the FSX version!

( if you fly withe FSX, you never fly the fs9 again; you don`t go back to a C64, when you have a PC )

Happy Karneval on Sunday and Monday!

WATSCHE HELAU!

Waiting for release!!!! bow_down2_s.gif

• Upvote 2

( if you fly withe FSX, you never fly the fs9 again; you don`t go back to a C64, when you have a PC )

Try getting into KBOS (FlyTampa) or KJFK (FSDT) with a complex (PMDG) airliner and AI settings at full....

Sorry... couldn't resist.. :ph34r:

Best regards,

Frank van der Werff

• Upvote 1

I predict that this will be the single most "need to have" scenery product for any version FS......ever! ;)

Not wishing to take anything away from other airport scenery products, but just looking at the screenshots you can tell this has been developed from a personal level instead of a business level. It looked finished and sellable many months ago but instead of just pushing it out of the door and moving on to another project, this has been improved, added to and refined to an almost unbelievable level!

Yes, I'm excited to see this released :lol:

• Upvote 1

Try getting into KBOS (FlyTampa) or KJFK (FSDT) with a complex (PMDG) airliner and AI settings at full....

Sorry... couldn't resist.. :ph34r:

Best regards,

Frank van der Werff

Well I do with moderate Settings according to MAthijs Performance Guide..... so no Problem here....

but please.... do not start any FS9 vs FSX Arguments here - let's enjoy Innsbruck ;)

• Upvote 1

I predict that this will be the single most "need to have" scenery product for any version FS......ever! ;)

Not wishing to take anything away from other airport scenery products, but just looking at the screenshots you can tell this has been developed from a personal level instead of a business level. It looked finished and sellable many months ago but instead of just pushing it out of the door and moving on to another project, this has been improved, added to and refined to an almost unbelievable level!

That shows indeed Paul and I agree develop myself based on the same principals too :-)

Cheers,

André

Well I do with moderate Settings according to MAthijs Performance Guide..... so no Problem here....

but please.... do not start any FS9 vs FSX Arguments here - let's enjoy Innsbruck ;)

I did not intent to start any discussion here. I fly with both versions of FS and as you can see in my sig, I have more than enough computing power to handle FSX. Only reason for my statement was to indicate that FSX not in all cases is the best solution on all fronts....

Best regards,

Frank van der Werff

• Upvote 1

I agree this will be a best seller and must have!

• Developer

Dear All,

the final test cycle has been finalized quite satisfying. So we will archive the files, prepare the user manual and send the package to aerosoft within the next few days. Next step then will be the production of the installer (with a short and comprehensive test).

Ready for departure:

fsscr137.jpg

• Upvote 1