Approaching Innsbruck X

...when the DA Fokker finally gets a VC...

Well, I do agree with this. However in the mean time the PMDG JS41 isn't a bad aircraft to fly in to this airport. Granted, you're pushing the service ceiling a little bit more, but still well within limits unless it's a really hot day.

This is correct. The area covered by the photo is significantly bigger than in the FS9 version. As a result, autogen is placed correctly on the places where the real buildings are located.

cu

And the reason this can't be done in FS9? Mathijs is doing his usual boasting about how this is better than FS9 but the real difference is simply the photo scenery, extra scenery objects, and autogen. This can be done in FS9 as well.

Gianni, will you enhance FS9 after FSX is done?

And the reason this can't be done in FS9? Mathijs is doing his usual boasting about how this is better than FS9 but the real difference is simply the photo scenery, extra scenery objects, and autogen. This can be done in FS9 as well.

Not to the same extent. FSX has redesigned the texture handling system. So while FS9 can use all the features including photo scenery, scenery objects and autogen, it is unable to handle them in the same numbers and texture size as FSX. Even if FS9 is strictly speaking still capable of handling say an equal size photo scenery, it does so with much less efficiency than FSX and comparatively takes a bigger performance hit.

This is not an all out defense of FSX. It has it's issues, but so did FS9 for the first couple years it was out. Regardless, there are some things FSX has improved and I'll give credit where it's due.

• Aerosoft

Not to the same extent. FSX has redesigned the texture handling system. So while FS9 can use all the features including photo scenery, scenery objects and autogen, it is unable to handle them in the same numbers and texture size as FSX. Even if FS9 is strictly speaking still capable of handling say an equal size photo scenery, it does so with much less efficiency than FSX and comparatively takes a bigger performance hit.

This is not an all out defense of FSX. It has it's issues, but so did FS9 for the first couple years it was out. Regardless, there are some things FSX has improved and I'll give credit where it's due.

Indeed, indeed... as far as I seen the beta and images the FSX content would simply put to much strain on a single core FS2004. It's the same with other projects like VFR Germany. Even if we scale up the 50 cm textures that FS2004 can't handle up to 1 meter (cutting the content by 3/4) we would still be left with the fact that FS2004 is just not able to handle the millions of autogen objects. We would end up with a product that would be a lot like what we now sell (with great success).

Take Ibiza. The FS2004 installer comes in with 96Mb and the FSX version with just over a gigabyte. That's not bloat, that's solid and honest content. I say both the FSX and the FS2004 version are close to what's possible for that platform.

• Developer

Nice pics, Juergen!

In the meantime we had snow in LOWI (not in real, but in FSX ;) ). Have a look for your own: the screenshot is a view across the valley to the northeast over the city.

city_winter.jpg

Nice pics, Juergen!

In the meantime we had snow in LOWI (not in real, but in FSX ;) ). Have a look for your own: the screenshot is a view across the valley to the northeast over the city.

I was going to ask if the photo layer would have seasonal textures, but I figured I shouldn't get greedy. Never mind. Greedy it is! :D That looks great.

(I guess since the FS2004 version had seasonal textures, I should have known, but still....)

Very nice indeed!! I did land there once with a freeware add-on and it scared the crap out of me :wacko: !! I was too high and I had to desent fast. I looked to the right I saw mountains next to me then I looked to the left and I saw mountains again next to me!! And I didn't had the rwy lined up :blink: !! I managed to land there but it was challenging.. :lol:

Regards

Dot...

Good Morning. When LOWI-X is ready it will be released as soon as possible, believe me :)

Here some new screens, also to see LOWI-X in combination with some other addons : Austria Professional X, Flight Environment X (sky, clouds), Ultimate Terrain X Europe (additonal night lighting), Active Sky Advanced (weather). Bloom is activated.

Watch the city, the airport and the area around through clouds and fog

LOWIX_b100101z_0801_024.jpg

LOWIX_b100101z_0801_026.jpg

LOWIX_b100101z_0801_122.jpg

But finally the sun wins ;)

LOWIX_b100101z_0801_017.jpg

LOWIX_b100101z_0801_123.jpg

LOWIX_b100101z_0801_177.jpg

Now for some night shots.

LOWIX_b100101z_0801_036.jpg

LOWIX_b100101z_0801_048.jpg

LOWIX_b100101z_0801_076.jpg

LOWIX_b100101z_0801_112.jpg

LOWI-X will not only consists of the airport and the city, also "some mountains" around ^_^

Amazing how far FSX has come. This will be the combination (except bloom) I will be flying this scenery (and REX instead of FEX) - and I will add my dear RealAir Beech Duke with rain effects on the VC, and it will feel like being there :-)

Good Morning. When LOWI-X is ready it will be released as soon as possible, believe me :)

Here some new screens, also to see LOWI-X in combination with some other addons : Austria Professional X, Flight Environment X (sky, clouds), Ultimate Terrain X Europe (additonal night lighting), Active Sky Advanced (weather). Bloom is activated.

LOWI-X will not only consists of the airport and the city, also "some mountains" around ^_^

Invested already in the FS9 version which I don't use but already

knew that the FSX version is coming our way to support you guys...

Masterpiece enough said :-)

Cheers,

André F

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

But finally the sun wins ;)

Now for some night shots.

Sverycool! Bloom can take a heavy toll on framerate but more and more I sacrifice some autogen during night flights because it really adds a whole layer of realism. Nice to see it used in the screenshots this way.