Approaching Innsbruck X

No information on that at this moment, but obviously it won't be too long now.

This is one of the sceneries I'm looking most forward to!

I just hope the DA Fokker will come with a VC soon, as this could be a perfect destination for that one...

BTW: Is it possible in real-life to land an MD-11 at this airport? On a footnote: I saw a cockpit video with a 767 landing.

Any news on FPS with this scenery?

As far as with other sceneries the frames always depend on hardware eqipment, its configuration, additional running aplications and FSX-settings. So very individual parameters.

But let me say : testing Approaching Innsbruck X with Active Sky Advanced, FS Commander running on a second monitor, settings quite right, 8800GT E8400 4GB RAM Windows 7/64 bit => no relevant impact on framerate.

• Aerosoft

Wow... Indeed, I too hope the DA Fokker will get a VC soon, because I'd love flying to Innsbruck with this kind of scenery. Any news on FPS with this scenery?

This is not something that scares FSX a lot as the airport (that's often the part that drags FPS down) is not too large. Autogen and mesh that are so important in a project like this are not real problematic in FSX.

Innsbruck even drops the framerate in FS9 significantly -(the resized textures helped a lot) ... so You better don`t think about approaching LOWI by complex aircraft without getting tics :D ...

• Aerosoft

Innsbruck even drops the framerate in FS9 significantly -(the resized textures helped a lot) ... so You better don`t think about approaching LOWI by complex aircraft without getting tics :D ...

Yes, but with FS2004 running on a single core and with the things used in the scenery I would not be surprised at all if FSX on a cheap 4 core CPU would be a lot faster (seeing the same things) in FSX.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

Great pictures.

For FS9 was Innsbruck a very goooood scenery.

But this FSX Scenery is fantastic.

Ther is also in the scenery, the main station, the Berg Isel Schanze, Brennerhighway. GREAT!

I can`t wait!

Gruß Stephan

Extremely nice!!! I'm looking forward to it a lot, have only been in Innsbruck one time, in transit on a rail journey from Milan to Norway just before Christmas, indeed nice memories. Hope to see more sceneries from the region. Basel b.t.w. is one of my favorite cities in the region, what about a the Mulhouse/Basel Europort, it should be able to attract customers from all the bordering countries?

Would love to see more Swiss and Austrian sceneries, with or without minarets!

Hi guys,

I am having hard times appreciating the difference between the FS9 and the FSX texture rendering.... could you please post some comparison shots ?

Thank you

It looks like the photoscenery layer extends out all the way up the mountains. I don't think the FS9 version does. Those are some really great-looking screenshots. I'm looking forward to hiding it all in fog and clouds, and flying the approach. :D

• Developer

It looks like the photoscenery layer extends out all the way up the mountains. I don't think the FS9 version does.

This is correct. The area covered by the photo is significantly bigger than in the FS9 version. As a result, autogen is placed correctly on the places where the real buildings are located.

cu