1.4.1 patch G25 problems

So TML think they`ve nailed the problems with the G25 huh?! What they forgot to mention is that you should reset the mappings in the Logitech software before playing with the 1.4.1 patch. And all they did about the slow steering problem was to speed up the bus steering wheel & make it out of sync with the G25.

I cured the slow steering problem before the 1.4.1 patch by opening up the required .str file & changing the line "PARM 0.05" to "PARM 0.050" for the RTS. And I also did the same to the design-x buses & with the 1.4.1 patch, the buses now go to full lock with just a slight turn of the wheel!

I`m sticking with 1.3 until TML really fix the G25 steering problems.

Heres a vid to show whats happening http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kzEjXQ4-KY

So TML think they`ve nailed the problems with the G25 huh?! What they forgot to mention is that you should reset the mappings in the Logitech software before playing with the 1.4.1 patch. And all they did about the slow steering problem was to speed up the bus steering wheel & make it out of sync with the G25.

I cured the slow steering problem before the 1.4.1 patch by opening up the required .str file & changing the line "PARM 0.05" to "PARM 0.050" for the RTS. And I also did the same to the design-x buses & with the 1.4.1 patch, the buses now go to full lock with just a slight turn of the wheel! 

I`m sticking with 1.3 until TML really fix the G25 steering problems.

You mean changing 0.005 to 0.050? I didn't try 0.050, but I did try a lower value....

'STER' "steering"

{

'PARM' "0.035"

}

It's not 100% exact, but it's close enough that you'd have to turn the wheel pretty darn fast for the in-game steering wheel to get significantly out-of-sync... Gives me the full 900 degrees... This is with 1.4.1...

You mean changing 0.005 to 0.050?  I didn't try 0.050, but I did try a lower value....

'STER' "steering"

{

'PARM' "0.035"

}

It's not 100% exact, but it's close enough that you'd have to turn the wheel pretty darn fast for the in-game steering wheel to get significantly out-of-sync...  Gives me the full 900 degrees...  This is with 1.4.1...

Maybe you would have to use a lower number with the 1.4.1 patch because TML have changed something in one of the game files. With the 1.3 patch, it was set at 0.005 & I changed it to 0.050, but the latest patch re-installs a original copy of the "bus.str" file.

Well I don`t know what i`m doing wrong, i`ve tried the setting at "0.035" and the bus still goes to full lock with a quarter turn of the wheel! :(

And what I didn`t mention in the TML forums about editing the .str file, PARM is spelt backwards for some reason :huh:

• 4 weeks later...

Well I don`t know what i`m doing wrong, i`ve tried the setting at "0.035" and the bus still goes to full lock with a quarter turn of the wheel! :(

And what I didn`t mention in the TML forums about editing the .str file, PARM is spelt backwards for some reason :huh:

Wow, late reply... But I'll reply anyway, in case you haven't figured it out yet..

Actually, you edit Import\Game\game\bus.txt

Then you go into the vehicle editor (ctrl-N at main menu), and import string table, and select bus.txt

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, late reply... But I'll reply anyway, in case you haven't figured it out yet..

Actually, you edit Import\Game\game\bus.txt

Then you go into the vehicle editor (ctrl-N at main menu), and import string table, and select bus.txt

Thanks for the suggestion....

I'm new to driving simulators - I've been train simming for several years. I have a Logitech MOMO Force Feedback wheel (realize this is an economy model). I changed the PARM setting in the bus.txt from .005 to either .035 or .050. I've tried this and haven't seen an improvment - acutally things just get worse - the wheels travel their full distance either right or left as soon as the steering wheel engages. I tried your suggestion of first changing the PARM setting in the bus.txt file, then going to the main menu, hitting CTRL-N, opening the vehicle editor, clicking on import string table, and selecting the bus.txt. and things just seem to get worse - the wheels turn their full arc left or right as soon as the steering wheel engages right or left. Also, could you tell me why just changing the PARM in the bus.txt and saving it isn't enough. Obviously, I don't have clue as to how to use the vehicle editor.

Another question - when programming the steering wheel, if the keyboard assignments for left and right turn are "left arrow" and "right arrow", when configuring the wheel do you use keystrokes "left arrow push" and "right arrow push" or do you use the commands "left arrow push"/left arrow release" and "right arrow push"/"right arrow release"? I tried both ways and don't see a difference - the wheel is still worse than the keyboard. Is there a way to achieve smooth wheel turning through the entire steering arc? As for the accelerator and brake pedals I've used the command format and it seems to work well. The paddle shifters (for turn signals) and the 6 buttons are no problem with single keystrokes for the assigned actions.

Final request - with the steering wheel, what setting do you use for the axis properties (sensitivity, dead zone, range)?

If you can find the time to read and answer what you can I would very much appreciate it. Happy New Year.<BR style="mso-special-character: line-break">

Thanks for the suggestion....

I'm new to driving simulators - I've been train simming for several years. I have a Logitech MOMO Force Feedback wheel (realize this is an economy model). I changed the PARM setting in the bus.txt from .005 to either .035 or .050. I've tried this and haven't seen an improvment - acutally things just get worse - the wheels travel their full distance either right or left as soon as the steering wheel engages. I tried your suggestion of first changing the PARM setting in the bus.txt file, then going to the main menu, hitting CTRL-N, opening the vehicle editor, clicking on import string table, and selecting the bus.txt. and things just seem to get worse - the wheels turn their full arc left or right as soon as the steering wheel engages right or left. Also, could you tell me why just changing the PARM in the bus.txt and saving it isn't enough. Obviously, I don't have clue as to how to use the vehicle editor.

The game reads it from bus.str, which is a compiled form of the bus.txt you edit. I don't know why they coded it that way, but that's how it is. So, you have to import the string table file (bus.txt) in order to update bus.str.

Another question - when programming the steering wheel, if the keyboard assignments for left and right turn are "left arrow" and "right arrow", when configuring the wheel do you use keystrokes "left arrow push" and "right arrow push" or do you use the commands "left arrow push"/left arrow release" and "right arrow push"/"right arrow release"? I tried both ways and don't see a difference - the wheel is still worse than the keyboard. Is there a way to achieve smooth wheel turning through the entire steering arc? As for the accelerator and brake pedals I've used the command format and it seems to work well. The paddle shifters (for turn signals) and the 6 buttons are no problem with single keystrokes for the assigned actions.

If I understand it correctly, I'm not sure what's happening here... With my G25, I'm able to go into CBS's control assignments and assign the left/right steering controls to the steering wheel axis. I'm not using the gaming software to assign the steering wheel axis to the left/right arrow buttons... I don't know if the MOMO is compatible with CBS or if the G25 fix works with the MOMO, though...

Final request - with the steering wheel, what setting do you use for the axis properties (sensitivity, dead zone, range)?

Pretty much the defaults. With the 900-degree range of motion.