'Englisch' typo

Rafal Haczek

Hi, Aerosoft!

It's probably only a tiny thing but I can see it every time I buy and install a new scenery from Aerosoft.

In the language choice of your installers you have 'Deutsch' (naturally it's better than 'German' since it's for the German part of your customers).

But you also have 'Englisch' while, I believe, it should be 'English', as it is for the non-German crowd.

Maybe you could change it effortlessly to make good things perfect.

I'm picky, aren't I? Especially that I live in a non-English country. :)

Pedanticism being my middle name, may I point out that grammatically your statement is illogical?

Change, by definition, is the result of effort. One cannot change anything `effortlessly`.

Aerosoft is a German company so `Englisch` actually makes sense. I think it's quite cute, actually... :carrot_s:

In all honesty I have picked up soooooooooo many English spelling and grammar errors in Aerosoft's software that I am sure they have no quality control whatsoever.

Over and above spelling and grammar there are also many other errors in their installers - the latest one I picked up being the FS2Crew installer for PMDG's MD-11 which shows up as the PMDG 747-400. I actually thought for a few minutes that I had bought the wrong version...

Sorry, this is way beyond cute. It is just becoming very unprofessional, very fast.

Pedanticism being my middle name, may I point out that grammatically your statement is illogical?

Sądzę, Szymonie, że to kwestia dalece bardziej filozoficzna niźli gramatyczna. Ale, w sumie, możemy o tym podyskutować. Dlaczego nie?

Każda dyskusja jest ciekawa.

Zakładam, iż wybaczysz mój polski. W końcu to forum międzynarowowe, więc na pewno zrozumiesz to krótką zmianę języków.

Najwyżej będziesz musiał w to włożyć trochę... wysiłku. ;)

Hello Folks,

I'll bring this up.

Yep... makes you sick, dunnit? :rolleyes::lol:

But seriouslig, I occasionally schreib books and dokumente and still get my spooling rong a fare bit. But I also get paid as a proofreader on other occasions and then I catch 99.99% of all known spelling errors and even most grammatical gloops. It really is strange, but true, that when you read over another person's words, you'll spot typos you often make yourself. It's like folks who write "here here", when they mean "hear hear", or their when they mean there or they're.

But then again, proofreading costs money and if Aerosoft went down that track, then they'd have to pay more for professionals. And of course they would also have to pay for German proofreading and any other languages.

And yes, there are often typos in the Deutsche bits too ;) But it is all readable, and that is what matters. Just be happy it's not translated from the Korean Language...

Of course, if a company really prides itself, then the extra cost of proofing is merely a small investment in "IMAGE" ;););) and quality assurance is a bee in my bonnet anyway, so sorry for expounding. :lol:

In all honesty I have picked up soooooooooo many English spelling and grammar errors in Aerosoft's software that I am sure they have no quality control whatsoever.

Over and above spelling and grammar there are also many other errors in their installers - the latest one I picked up being the FS2Crew installer for PMDG's MD-11 which shows up as the PMDG 747-400. I actually thought for a few minutes that I had bought the wrong version...

Sorry, this is way beyond cute. It is just becoming very unprofessional, very fast.

Interesting the standards to which you put others, yet fail to adhere yourself:

Your website contains numerous grammatical faux pas which, if you were as strict on yourself as you are on others, would surely have been proofed, caught and corrected?

Or is it just possible that you may have entrusted that service to others and would like to opt out of culpability?

...if so, perhaps you might also wish to extend that concession to others, lest the hypocrisy of your observation shine through and reflect badly upon you.

Lesson learned. -_-

I am perfectly capable of writing in perfect grammar, with perfect spelling. It was my trade for many a long year, after all.

However, it has long been a policy of mine to adopt the level of perfection of the site or fora I visit, and in any multi-language community such as this one, spelling mistakes and slight grammatical errors are really rather endearing.

And unlike for example, Afrikaans, English is still a developing language: There may actually be no `right` or `wrong`, only derived forms and evolving spellings that together demonstrate the vibrancy and flexibility of the language. The integration of foreign language words and phrases has long been an acceptable methodology and is indeed at the heart - the root - of most language.

Why, even the perfect use them - see above... <_<

A grammatical faux pas here and there in material written years ago is one thing. Plain badly written English is quiet another, as are major errors in software installers.

"We" may well be aware that Aerosoft software is (usually) of an exceptionally high quality, irrespective of the Englisch in their manuals. However, if Aerosoft were your company would you be willing to bet that everyone reading any given manual would come to the same conclusion?

I've also noticed these spelling errors. I'm studying German, so maybe I should just read the German version.;) I'd also like to ask a question. When I say the word "y'all" do you understand what I'm saying? I use it occasionally in my posts. It's a word used in the Southern US (which is where I live), and I was wondering if those of you from other countries understand it.

There is no better quality control than the one by the customer.

If I were a company representive I would be thankful for the hint. And those small side kicks...come on, just let it be.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

There is no better quality control than the one by the customer.

If I were a company representive I would be thankful for the hint. And those small side kicks...come on, just let it be.

We are. And we can handle it. And we also know we got problems there, but with 4 or 5 languages to handle on the site and in the products it is getting harder and we will need to install new methods of testing and checking. An item we need to handle soon.