Newbie Needs Much Help Getting Started

alazose

I must be missing something or doing something wrong because I can’t even get started. In the Tutorial, how does one access "Jack", the tutorial instructor? I confront him, but then what? In another scenario, I can walk to the bus, but can’t open the front door. Pressing C, F5, or F6 doesn’t work. How do you answer the radio calls? When I'm in walking mode, I don't have full access to all streets. Please help. Thanks.

Thanks, Shaun, I finally figured out how to do that, and it seems to have resolved some of the problems. The Manual didn’t exactly emphasize that it was necessary to fill in some of the keyboard assignment blanks in the Controls Section, nor that it was necessary to place a checkmark in some other options that allowed you to start the engine and release the brake.

However, I still haven’t figured out how to get “Jack” to do his explaining stuff to Carlos in the Tutorial, once they’re both on the bus. I haven’t figured out how to answer radio calls. I haven’t figured out how to enable Carlos to walk down various sidestreets that don’t have that beige circle with the dash (which I keep crashing into). I haven’t figured out why hitting F12, which is the assigned key for screenshots, doesn’t seem to work since the screenshots only show up as a black screen when I try to view them.

Other than these and a few other annoyances, I have to say that this is one stunning simulation. I’m running it at a full 1920 x 1200 on a large digital monitor, and the quality of the graphics is outstanding. It’s amazing how they have captured the look and feel of 42nd Street. The buildings, the storefronts, the neon signs and collosal photos are all a work of art, with a joyful air of authenticity. Even the streets themselves look real, with the tar patches, manholes, and worn crosswalks. I'm very much looking forward to getting the Route Editor so that I can create and download additional streets.

Please convey my kudos to the entire team at TML for a delightful simulation.

OK, I found out that there is a “jump” command for Carlos when he comes to a curb, which certainly facilitates traveling on the sidewalks. I’m fascinated by the comparison of City Bus screenshots (taken via Fraps since the assigned F12 key doesn’t work) versus Google Earth street level photos. Apparently TML couldn’t use real-life names on the signs within the simulation (fear of lawsuits?), but they’ve certainly captured the essence of 42nd Street and Times Square.

My requests: Please increase the traffic, and reduce the constant police sirens. And when did you say the Route Editor will be released?

CityBus26.jpg

42ndSt02.jpg

CityBus25-1.jpg

42ndSt01.jpg

CityBus83.jpg

42ndSt05.jpg