Dalaman LTBS?

Robbie Garrett

Hi,

I went to Dalaman with First Choice Holidays (Thomson Airways) in June/July 2009 and I was thinking maybe Aerosoft could create a scenery for this airport, its one of the smallest and possibly one of the most busiest in turkey and I believe with a decent scenery It would sell well and lots would then fly to LTBS.

Currently there is no decent scenery. Having a read around and nobody hs mentioned it - I reckon theres a great chance even for a succesfull product.

How many think its a good idea?

Regards,

Robbie

• Upvote 1

Dont know where dalaman is (am about to look it up on Google earth) , but sounds interesting: small airport vast air traffic!

Definetely interested in it!

EDIT: Just looked it up, and watched a video. A very nice airport indeed. I like airports from which you directly takeoff and fly over the ocean ^_^

• Upvote 1

Yeah when I was departing (6hrs delayed) :angry:, they were landing over the Ocean, departing towards the mountain range and departing over the ocean. If you get what I mean then you will realise they were using both directions at the same time Lool.

And Aerosoft, please create this - you will open a new market that I reckon everyone will buy.

• Upvote 1

• 2 years later...

I've been to Dalaman last year, there was a lot of construction going on at the airport (new terminal,...). I think as soon as those things are finished we can talk, because actually I agree: the airport is nice, the landscape is beautiful and the approach is awesome. :)

• Upvote 1

I've been to Dalaman last year, there was a lot of construction going on at the airport (new terminal,...). I think as soon as those things are finished we can talk, because actually I agree: the airport is nice, the landscape is beautiful and the approach is awesome. :)

Hallo Herr. Thorsten,

Der Flughafen Dalaman's neue Terminal ist bereits beendet.

Bitte prüfen Sie diesen Link.

http://www.yda.com.tr/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=50%3Adalaman-uluslararasi-havalimani-yeni-terminal-binasi-insaati&catid=2&Itemid=114&lang=en

LG

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I went to Dalaman with First Choice Holidays (Thomson Airways) in June/July 2009 and I was thinking maybe Aerosoft could create a scenery for this airport, its one of the smallest and possibly one of the most busiest in turkey and I believe with a decent scenery It would sell well and lots would then fly to LTBS.

Currently there is no decent scenery. Having a read around and nobody hs mentioned it - I reckon theres a great chance even for a succesfull product.

How many think its a good idea?

Regards,

Robbie

ahem robbie

look at this link >> http://www.fs2000.or...ry-dalaman-2010

But that's an FS2004 scenery and the majority of the people today are using FSX. So you can say there's no scenery for Dalaman available for FSX.

Still, there's a thread mentioned before wich is the place for requests.

But that's an FS2004 scenery and the majority of the people today are using FSX. So you can say there's no scenery for Dalaman available for FSX.

Still, there's a thread mentioned before wich is the place for requests.

yes i agree with you there but there is a majority of people out there that have computers that WONT run FSX like mine for example

FSX lags alot on

my pc: 3.25GB ram, Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.06Ghz Windows 7 SP1, 160 + 500 GB Harddrives, XFX GSO 9600 512gb ram graphics card and it wont run FSX on full Graphics so am stuck with fs9

I do believe that your computer won't run FSX, but I don't believe there is a majority of people with computers like yours. Like I said, by far most people use FSX so by far most people got computers better than yours. FS2004 is a minority, not a majority.

Besides, you won't be stuck with FS2004 forever. Save up some money and in a year or so you buy yourself a new computer and FS2004 will be history.

• 2 weeks later...

"The majority of people today are using FSX" and "I dont believe there is a majority of people ......whos computers wont run FSX". Bold statements indeed, Sir.

I for one - and I doubt that I am the only one, enjoy FS9 because as a retired person I can no longer spend money upgrading my pc, nor buy FSX and even less the payware needed to bring it even close to my full-on "old" FS9.

In fact my rig has been steadily dowmgraded as my resources dwindled: I now have a cheap generic: mobo, I sold my 4Gb of Corsair to pay for something else, and last week when my more than 2-year-old 8800GTS died I had to replace it with a 9880GT because it was dirt cheap rather than buying a newer, better card.

The same can be said of my mountain bike. I have a carbon full-suspension and dic-braked machine that was once considered one of the top five on the market - when it was released in 2001. It is now weighed-down with cheap, no-brand replacement parts and creaks, groans and wheezes with every pedalstroke (rather like its rider, in fact) - because I can no longer accompany the tremendous (and tremendously costly) advance in bike technology.

Today I have a computer (and bicycle) that was born a Ferrari but because of financial constraints now looks, sounds and performs like a Fiat.

Not all of us "discovered" FS with FSX, not all have bulging wallets or limitless credit, (allowing us to take simulator training in big Boeings - or at least take nice snaps at the wheel of a big Boeing) and it would be "nice" if you could remember that.

"Save up some money" ....... Next time you have a free afternoon, pop down to your local pensioners club (or young-peoples teen-club for that matter), tell them to "Save money" and see if you get out of there alive.

And perhaps you might back up your boldness with some credible data, because I would be genuinely interested: (poll resullts from a serious source would be fine) and I will be happy to be corrected.

Respectfully

Nicholas

• Upvote 1

Now Spain might be a different world, but here in Holland it's still possible to save up money. At least, for most people it is. Even for those like me who don't have bulging wallets or limitless creditcards. For your information, I'm a warehouse employee so I don't earn that much money.

But now looking at your situation. The wages in Spain are lower than in Holland, so I understand you can't spend as much the money as I can (and even I got to be careful how to spend my money). So you got no money for a new computer, no money for FSX. Then why would you have money for FS9 add-ons? See, you don't. Then what's the point in developing these add-ons if you can't buy them anyway?

With that, FS9 is a minority of the market. Maybe not in users, but certainly in buyers. The people who do have money to buy add-ons are all running FSX, the people wo don't have money still use FS9.

"The people who do have money to buy addons are all running FSX, the people who dont have money still use FS9".

Where did you get this information from? Please, show us the data.

LTBS.

As I am poor, dont have the money to buy addons so only use FS9, I have the freeware scenery mentioned above (at Avsim): it is actually pretty decent, although I get a lot of bleed on the main taxiway.

I suspect most of us would like to have decent sceneries of places we have visited (as well as out local aiport, nearest major hub, etc) so the chances of us each getting all of our favourites are pretty low.

Perhaps a freeeware developer would take on a personal project that appeals to a small market but a payware maker will have to think of demand, sales (and future sales, which is a different thing altogether) so there´s always going to be an imbalance of what we want and what we get.

For those of us who enjoy sea approaches into hilly terrain Greece and Turkey are crowded with them, and North Africa too, and theres a good supply of freeware choices.

But Im afraid I can only talk about FS9, which is not much help to the original poster.