Mallorca

salmezze

Can't make fresh installation of Mallorca. It keeps showing out the wizard with the options repair or remove...I do and it starts all over again! Have been tryng several times even repair instead of remove but nothing changes. How can I get rid of it? :diablo_s:

• Aerosoft

Can't make fresh installation of Mallorca. It keeps showing out the wizard with the options repair or remove...I do and it starts all over again! Have been tryng several times even repair instead of remove but nothing changes. How can I get rid of it? :diablo_s:

One of the people handling installers will help out. Stay in your holding until ATC calls you.

• Root Admin

Hi,

please use the option remove to uninstall Mallorca (or the Software => Uninstallation). Then try to install again.

Why diy you want to refresh the installation version...did you have any problems?

Hi,

please use the option remove to uninstall Mallorca (or the Software => Uninstallation). Then try to install again.

Why diy you want to refresh the installation version...did you have any problems?

nothing related to the scenery itself. I had to reistall FS9, after removing every single scenery/add on etc..of course. The problem is that when I was on Mallorca the wizard did remove the scenery but when I try to reinstall it keeps showing the wizard with the two options: repair/remove. I tought the issue cuold be register related and (software key)I cancelled th voice Mallorca but it goes again...modify/repair. I own most of your sceneries and they work as they should with no problem at all.

Thank you

Sal Mezzetti

Hello Sal,

Can you try the suggestion posted here please.

No hidden folders in program files at all, unfortunately and something I forgot to say before: Mallorca is present in the windows add/remove utility.

Any ideas?

Sal Mezzetti

Hello Sal,

What OS are you using as the installer normally installs folders to that folder, sometimes to the Temp folder..

XP service pack3 installed. Fs9 and XP are installed in two different partions (disk) anyway.

Sal Mezzetti

Hello Sal,

Check to see if the folder exists in FS9 and then try cleaning up your drive.

If you right click and select properties on the C: drive then select Disk Cleanup and it should let you select

the Temp folder to clean.

Hello Sal,

Check to see if the folder exists in FS9 and then try cleaning up your drive.

If you right click and select properties on the C: drive then select Disk Cleanup and it should let you select

the Temp folder to clean.

Well...I think I'm going to give up till next C:\ format! I cleaned up everything and it's still there. Mallorca sounds like the "one time installer". I've been tryng installing and unistalling EDDV,EDDT,EDDG,EDDK,EDDW,EDLW,EDDH and all of them work as they should. I nearly was to buy Ibiza but what I'm suffering with Mallorca has stopped me. If you have more suggestions I'll be glad to give a try.

Thank you.

Sal Mezzetti

Hello Sal,

Have you tried a registry cleaner to see if that might help.

But are you sure that you have moved everything in the following folder into a temp folder.

C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information

Hello Shaun,

yes I did. In the program files folder I show all but "InstallShield Installation Information", no hidden files of course. My question is how do I access the add/remove application in win.xp? Had the call for "Mallorca installshield wizard" vanished from there I would be able to run the exe without problems. Just wondering, you know.

Sal Mezzetti

Hello Sal,

The Add/Remove Programs can be found in the Control Panel in XP.

Forget it, I've finally found out where the problem was.

Thanks a lot for your kind support :beer3_s: :D:D:D

Sal Mezzetti

Sure Shaun, the "InstallShield Installation Information" folder was in "PROGRAMS" and not in "PROGRAM FILES". Have no idea how it landed in there but for sure it contains all of the Aerosoft installers. At that point it was pretty easy to locate and eliminate the one concerning Mallorca. That's all. :D

Sal Mezzetti