Windows 7 problem

Old Fastmover

When selecting the F-16 in FSX, Windows 7 sends an error message - Wrong Aircraft. Even though it's the right selection. The sim works OK after I close the error window. All of the regular FSX aircraft work properly. Have uninstalled the F-16 and reinstalled with no results. I installed the F-16, the 1.20 update, then the missions in that order. I didn't have that problem with Vista.

• Aerosoft

When selecting the F-16 in FSX, Windows 7 sends an error message - Wrong Aircraft. Even though it's the right selection. The sim works OK after I close the error window. All of the regular FSX aircraft work properly. Have uninstalled the F-16 and reinstalled with no results. I installed the F-16, the 1.20 update, then the missions in that order. I didn't have that problem with Vista.

Think is has nothing to do with W7. You get this error with every one of the F-16s?

Did you install v1.21? After installing v1.21 I got that error message all the time. It has something to do with the sound pack and the folders that the asc.cfg and panel.cfg are pointing to, it would take to long to go into a lot of detail.

This may not have anything at all to do with your problem, but if you only get this after you udated to v1.21 or if what you installed includes v1.21 it is worth investigating.

I will say that all my error messages were not due to the installation of v1.21, but because I have renamed all my folders and customized all my aircraft.cfg files. I just had to get all the correct information into all the asc.cfg and panel.cfg folders so that they were all pointing to the right customized aircraft folder.

Rod

Thanks for the replies! Have been using one F-16 model, will try some of the others. And OK about 1.21 causing problems. Will uninstall everything again and only install the F-16 and the missions. Will advise in a couple of days, duty calls tomorrow.

I'm happy with Windows 7 so far, glad I used the newer features in Vista instead of reverting to the Classic format. Made the Windows 7 learning curve easier. My hardware is also current and fast so the entire system is very efficient.

I agree with Idahosurge's comment about the 1.21 update! I uninstalled the F-16 program, the missions, and went into FSX and removed the F-16 aircraft as well. Installed the F-16 program again without 1.21 - works fine! Added the missions - fine again! Looks like the update is the problem. Thanks to both of you as well. Too bad about Microsoft ending their SIM, has been a great ride! Looks like FSX will be around for a long time to come.

Almost forgot to mention, the error message came up with every F-16 model.