Lelystad X now Available.

Shaun Fletcher

It's been a while since there was serious scenery done for the Netherlands, but we are glad to announce the release of Lelystad X, a high end coverage of Lelystad Airport and the Aviodrome aviation theme park. Done to the latest standards it is very detailed and very easy on your framerates. Check out the great screenshots! Talking about Lelystad and the Aviodrome, this weekend we will be at the FSWeekend event at the Aviodrome. Come and shake our hand, meet sim friends and see some nice new developments. This weekend we'll have the download version of the PBY Catalina X and Lelystad X discounted so when you get home you can buy them for a good price!

Links: [Lelystad X Product Page] [PBY Catalina X Product Page]

Tags: FSX Lelystad X

lelystad_06.jpg

lelystad_29.jpg

lelystad_05.jpg

lelystad_18.jpg

lelystad_01.jpg

lelystad_38.jpg

More Screenshots

This will be difficult. I've been following this product for weeks now and I'm still undecided whether I would want to buy it. Being Dutch, I fele I should, looking at the astounding detail doesn't make that decision and weaker. However, I have the feeling I'll never visit it. I'm not flying GA aircraft much (not at all, actually), and I'm not going there with any commercial traffic, because, for all I know, there is no commercial connection to Lelystad.

..... This weekend we'll have the download version

of the PBY Catalina X and Lelystad X discounted so when you get home you can buy them for a good price!

Bought it :lol::P

Thanks very much for the very friendly price! ^_^

This will be difficult. I've been following this product for weeks now and I'm still undecided whether I would want to buy it. Being Dutch, I fele I should, looking at the astounding detail doesn't make that decision and weaker. However, I have the feeling I'll never visit it. I'm not flying GA aircraft much (not at all, actually), and I'm not going there with any commercial traffic, because, for all I know, there is no commercial connection to Lelystad.

There will be soon. EHLE has been granted permission to start handling corporate and commercial traffic, upto 737 and A320! The runway will be enlarged (2012 or so).

Seriously! Wow, in that case, I ought to get that airport!

EDIT: Just went over to their website, and I saw that, actually, by the time it can handle these aircraft, basically Aerosoft will have to make a completely new version of the airport...

Hi,

this scenery is worth every cent! I can´t believe how big the quality differences are between all of the sceneries published by Aerosoft recently. Lelystad is of very high quality. No shimmering textures anywhere, high framerates and no stuttering! Extremely sharp textures, too. Good work!

All of those threads where certain programmers argue, that the low quality of their sceneries is caused by our graphiccards is simply rediculous. Have them look at the Lelystad scenery first before they blame our systems or our abilities as users.

Again I want to bring up the idea of introducing a quality standard that sceneries have to meet before they are sold by Aerosoft.

Regards,

Ingo K.

No need to rebuild the whole airport when the extension is made.

The south side, which we see now, will remail virtually unchanged.

The new development will be the runways extended to 2100 meters, a new taxiway at the northside and the apron and terminal on the spot of the MLA strip.

At the moment Lelystad can handle up to ATR72.

So the next thing to be done is to get full ATC and then we can operate the ILS as well.

Gtz,

Jan

• Aerosoft

Hi,

this scenery is worth every cent! I can´t believe how big the quality differences are between all of the sceneries published by Aerosoft recently. Lelystad is of very high quality. No shimmering textures anywhere, high framerates and no stuttering! Extremely sharp textures, too. Good work!

All of those threads where certain programmers argue, that the low quality of their sceneries is caused by our graphiccards is simply rediculous. Have them look at the Lelystad scenery first before they blame our systems or our abilities as users.

Again I want to bring up the idea of introducing a quality standard that sceneries have to meet before they are sold by Aerosoft.

Regards,

Ingo K.

Ingo, believe me, there are serious issues with some graphics cards. Today at the show in lelystad somebody showed me his system that had a $700 graphics card that hardly worked in FSX. We transplanted a $60 card into it and he got double the fps and no problems anymore (70 fps easy over Lelystad). As I keep saying, the more complex the card rhe worst it will be in FSX. You need a card that is roughly the same as thde developers used to get the best results. Certainly for developers that work on on FSX and FS2004 these are serious problems, very hard to solve. If we solve an issue by exchanging a GPU card while we program for Direct X and not for the hardware the problem, by definition, is related on the hardware or the drivers. Hard to blame the GPU builders though, compatibility with FS is not a major concern with them these days.

Now Lelystad is indeed rather good and certainly rather fast. But is is highly advanced FSX code without having anything to do with FS2004. In the technology developed in the last 9 monthts that matters a lot. Lelystad is also one of the smallest airports we have done recently. Situated on a sea on nothingness. That makes it a lot easier to get serious fps. It's rare that a scenery look MORE realistic with autogen set to zero and mesh sliders fully left. Does not make the Lelystad scenery any less good, it only means this was a lucky project in this aspect. Let's wait how this new technology works on Rotterdam, where the airport is a bit less complex, but the surrounding FAR more demanding.

There is no doubt Sascha did seriously good work on Lelystad, but a lot of the comments I read recently were not accurate in my mind. Scaling Lelystad up to Schiphol will get single digit fps on any system. I do admit it was hard to fix some issues on time, something that was discussed Friday in a high level meeting in some detail. We got to get quality control better in hand.

• Aerosoft

There will be soon. EHLE has been granted permission to start handling corporate and commercial traffic, upto 737 and A320! The runway will be enlarged (2012 or so).

And they get ATC so the ILS will be activated. 111.something

qoute: Now Lelystad is indeed rather good and certainly rather fast. But is is highly advanced FSX code without having anything to do with FS2004.

Just out of curiousity (as I do fly from Lelystad and was trying to build a scenery myself as there was nothing but I am not very skilled).

Does this scenery work in FS2004 as the announcement only mentions FSX. As I fly FS9 I will not buy it if it will not work.

However if it does work I can stop working on my own scenery since it would be the only airport I would ever build and 13 euro's is a good alternative for 1 years work.

thanks and regards.

Lex

Hello

Unfortunately I have trouble installing EHLE:

As soon as I enter my e-mail adress and my serial number and press next, the installer crashes.

I'm running Windows 7 64bit and start the installer "run as administrator"

I just installed ELLX and VFR London without any problem

I bought EHLE at simmarket and downloaded it twice to be shure that there is no download error

Thanks for your help

Regards

Dirk

Hello

Unfortunately I have trouble installing EHLE:

As soon as I enter my e-mail adress and my serial number and press next, the installer crashes.

I'm running Windows 7 64bit and start the installer "run as administrator"

I just installed ELLX and VFR London without any problem

I bought EHLE at simmarket and downloaded it twice to be shure that there is no download error

Thanks for your help

Regards

Dirk

Hi,

the same problem by me.

Dieter Swada

• Aerosoft

Hi,

the same problem by me.

Dieter Swada

Sorry for that gents. I'll have the installer guys check it out tomorrow. In the mean time write to support@aerosoft.com and we'll make it available in a zipped format for you tomorrow.

Just a small and maybe silly question,

but............is this a finished scenery or is it a beta??

There are lots of houses and nice made buildings to see, but there is no atmosphere here at all!

No cars, no objects, just a very very few people sitting on some banks, no static airplanes, only the oldtimers of the museum (regular AI-traffic by TrafficX, or UltimatX is zero). No traffic on the roads, parking lots are totally empty. So it doesn't wonder me, that the framerates are high, coz there is not much to see and not much objects to draw. Of course I could insert all those objects by myself with Instant Scenery, but I don't think, that this is the right way.

I think, Aerosoft has to do some more work on this airport. At the moment I must say, Lelystad is not a finished product. Although again........the ground and building textures are very nice

Bernhard

Hi all,

I have not had an answer to my question about fs9 (2004) and the offering price closes soon (for me tomorrow evening will be the last chance for me).

Will the scenery work in fs9 or not?

I'm very interrested but as FSX will not fly nicely on my pc I will not buy it if it will not work in FS9

Lex

• Aerosoft

Hi all,

I have not had an answer to my question about fs9 (2004) and the offering price closes soon (for me tomorrow evening will be the last chance for me).

Will the scenery work in fs9 or not?

I'm very interrested but as FSX will not fly nicely on my pc I will not buy it if it will not work in FS9

Lex

Sorry there is no way this works in FS2004. Just way too complex.

• Aerosoft

There are lots of houses and nice made buildings to see, but there is no atmosphere here at all!

No cars, no objects, just a very very few people sitting on some banks, no static airplanes, only the oldtimers of the museum (regular AI-traffic by TrafficX, or UltimatX is zero). No traffic on the roads, parking lots are totally empty. So it doesn't wonder me, that the framerates are high, coz there is not much to see and not much objects to draw. Of course I could insert all those objects by myself with Instant Scenery, but I don't think, that this is the right way.

I think, Aerosoft has to do some more work on this airport. At the moment I must say, Lelystad is not a finished product. Although again........the ground and building textures are very nice

Bernhard

We just spend two days on the airport, at this moment it really is a very quiet airport, just not a lot parked outside (this afternoon there were NO aircraft outside at all expept at the museum), but we seen regular GA traffis taking off on the scenery, this morning I even saw three aircraft in the circuit while demoing the scenery. Not sure what your settings are but all parkings are pretty full, perhaps not like it was this weekend but most certainly more filled then it will be tomorrow morning! If it does not look like te images, something is wrong. Some 3500 people saw the project this weekend, at the airport and all commented how real it felt. With all due respect your comments do not match with what we saw this weekend at Lelystad airport and with what customers told us. We can't make a quiet airport more busy, right?

Some images to show the parkings most certainly not empty:

lelystad_18.jpg

lelystad_09.jpg

lelystad_37.jpg

lelystad_38.jpg

There are a heck of a lot of cars on the parkings in fact.

And no atmosphere? I think this is pretty lively! If you do not see this, something is wrong. There are not a lot of other scenery project showing this kind of stuff. Just check out the repair works beding done on the platform on the Cessna. That's a animation you most certainly have not seen in any scenery before.

lelystad_28.jpg

Bernhard

First of all: I'm very glad, that finally Aerosoft deceided and started to make add-ons for the Netherlands and, anyway in my opinion, Lelystad is a success! I visited the airport frequently and made some flights there, because I lived in the neighbourhood until 2005. My last visit was at the FS-weekend in 2004 and that was the first time the FS-weekend was held there in the (then) new build Aviodrome. Thanks Aerosoft and go on that way.

BernardS, I have installed: MyTraffic2010 and TrafficX. I use TrafficX only for scheduling my own flightplans (in Holland and Switzerland), using Dutch and Swiss airplanes (not the TrafficX airplanes) and have no problems with AI-traffic. All the planes are there. I changed the AF2-file, included in Aerosofts Lelystad a little, made a couple of extra parkings at the MartinAir flightschool apron, and made those parkings only available for Martinair. So I see my MartinAir flightschool Cessna's on their apron. If you're interested, perhaps I can help you with problems. Anyway it's a good idea to refresh your AI-traffic airport database.

However, I also noticed that there are no parked cars anywhere, as Aerosoft shows in their screenshots, at least not in my installed Lelystad scenery. They really should be there. I hope Aerosoft will look at this and will give assistance.

Kind regards

Henk

However, I also noticed that there are no parked cars anywhere, as Aerosoft shows in their screenshots, at least not in my installed Lelystad scenery.

When you are in FSX, just go to Settings -> Customize -> Scenery and set the scenery complexity to "Extremely Dense". Here's what becomes visible at which setting:

Normal:

All buildings, fuel areas, ground layout, taxiway signs, taxiway lights, runway lights, the Aviodrome's 747 etc.

Dense:

Trees, vegetation and VFR objects around the airport become visible

Very Dense:

Remaining static aircraft at Aviodrome, animated mechanic and "Lelystad Airport" sign in 23 approach become visible

Extremely Dense:

3D Cars, people and 3D streetlights become visible

About static aircraft:

The only static aircraft in this scenery are wihtin the Aviodrome boundaries and one Cessna with a mechanic in front of a GA hangar. The Aviodrome models alone made development of this scenery much more expensive than it was supposed to be. About the rest of the airport: I know it can be quite busy around there with GA traffic but I didn't insert any static aircraft around there because I've recently seen more and more people complaining about the existence of static aircraft because they prefer to have the parking spots for their AI traffic addons. I could have added additional AI traffic easily but I wanted to keep this with the AI traffic addons (e.g. MyTraffic) because FSX can only handle a few traffic files at once and if you got more than a few active it can cause FSX to crash. That's of course something we do not want to happen.

Bests,

Sascha

No need to rebuild the whole airport when the extension is made.

The south side, which we see now, will remail virtually unchanged.

The new development will be the runways extended to 2100 meters, a new taxiway at the northside and the apron and terminal on the spot of the MLA strip.

At the moment Lelystad can handle up to ATR72.

So the next thing to be done is to get full ATC and then we can operate the ILS as well.

Gtz,

Jan

I'll have a look at this again when the runway extension and other constructions are finished. If sales of this scenery are good enough I don't see a reason why I shouldn't make an update when time permits.

Anyway: It's the same with all regional and international airports: They are constantly changing and the moment you release a scenery they already started building something new or tearing old buildings down. But that's the change of time we can't stop.

@ Jan

Thank you so much again for guiding me around the airport and sending me photos of the latest changes after I left. Without you this scenery wouldn't be as much up to date as it is.

Bests,

Sascha

To Sascha:

A job well done.

I keep an eye on the airport to see if there are new developments.

Keep in touch with you for possible updates.

A compliment from my colleges from the Airport.

They recomend it to first comers to see in in the sim before landing there for real.

Gtz,

Jan

We transplanted a $60 card into it and he got double the fps and no problems anymore (70 fps easy over Lelystad). As I keep saying, the more complex the card rhe worst it will be in FSX. You need a card that is roughly the same as thde developers used to get the best results

I'm going to try this - is there a specific card you would recommend?

Tom

;)

We just spend two days on the airport, at this moment it really is a very quiet airport, just not a lot parked outside (this afternoon there were NO aircraft outside at all expept at the museum), but we seen regular GA traffis taking off on the scenery, this morning I even saw three aircraft in the circuit while demoing the scenery. Not sure what your settings are but all parkings are pretty full, perhaps not like it was this weekend but most certainly more filled then it will be tomorrow morning! If it does not look like te images, something is wrong. Some 3500 people saw the project this weekend, at the airport and all commented how real it felt. With all due respect your comments do not match with what we saw this weekend at Lelystad airport and with what customers told us. We can't make a quiet airport more busy, right?

And no atmosphere? I think this is pretty lively! If you do not see this, something is wrong. There are not a lot of other scenery project showing this kind of stuff. Just check out the repair works beding done on the platform on the Cessna. That's a animation you most certainly have not seen in any scenery before.

Sorry Mathijes for my comments,

but I didn't knew, that one has to use extremly dense scenery settings for Lelysted (never used that setting before). Now I see also all the cars.

But maybe I'm a bit spoiled by the last works of German Airport team with all those neat cars driving around the airport, the apron and along the streets.....all those people arranged in the german airfields (or schweizer Kleinflugplätze), that I felt, that Lelysted is a bit empty. Of course I have to admit, that I never was there in reality so I cannot comment if the atmosphere is correct here. But I can only hope for the Aviodrome, that there are some lonely visitors normaly ;)

By the way, the animation of the mechanic is really cool.

I hope, that my first comments didn't sound too harsh, I'm a loyal customer of lots of your sceneries, and these little things which I miss here, I will add by myself.

Bernhard