Aircraft crashing when CululusX! is connected and initiated

KDB

I have installed CumulusX! as recommended, installing SP1 and SP2 and also the Acceleration pack. I followed the instructions carefully and didn't seem to have any problems during the install. However, once I run FSX and connect CumulusX1 and click the "Enable Lift" button, the aircraft I'm flying crashes into the ground at a different point from where it initially was located.

Could someone please help me understand what might be the problem and suggest a fix I might try?

Thanks,

Ken

Which OS are you running? Is UAC active?

regards,

Peter

Hi Peter. I'm running the 64 bit version of Vista, and UAC is active.

Ken

Hi Ken,

please check if this folder exisists and contains a sim.cfg, texture and model folders:

<FSXROOT>\simobjects\misc\CumulusXCloud

If not, open the CumulusX! distribution archive, copy the tree "simobjects" to the root folder of FSX. This should produce the folder, named above, in the simobjects hierarchy of FSX.

regards,

Peter

Hi Ken,

please check if this folder exisists and contains a sim.cfg, texture and model folders:

<FSXROOT>\simobjects\misc\CumulusXCloud

If not, open the CumulusX! distribution archive, copy the tree "simobjects" to the root folder of FSX. This should produce the folder, named above, in the simobjects hierarchy of FSX.

regards,

Peter

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the information. That folder was not present, and so I copied them from the distribution archive to FSX and ran a quick test and all seems to be working just fine now. Thanks very much for taking the time to help me solve this problem, and I look forward to using the program to enhance my soaring adventures.

Ken

• 5 months later...

absolutely fantastic - I'm moving over my FSX install from my previous PC to a fancy new one, with an SSD as it's main drive and so want to be a bit selective over which folders sit on the SSD and which ones go on the hard drive... Anyway, the issue I hit was exactly this one and it had me stumped for a while - it's confusing because the glider just slams into the ground right at the start of a mission.

The fix was exactly as Peter said, and it's great the answer was there to be found as soon as I looked in this forum.

Thanks...

B21

absolutely fantastic - I'm moving over my FSX install from my previous PC to a fancy new one, with an SSD as it's main drive and so want to be a bit selective over which folders sit on the SSD and which ones go on the hard drive... Anyway, the issue I hit was exactly this one and it had me stumped for a while - it's confusing because the glider just slams into the ground right at the start of a mission.

The fix was exactly as Peter said, and it's great the answer was there to be found as soon as I looked in this forum.

Thanks...

B21

Hmmmm.. solid state hard drive, sounds great, can you let us know the specs for your new system??

Jeff

Hmmmm.. solid state hard drive, sounds great, can you let us know the specs for your new system??

Jeff

The great spec of the new B21 machine listed here

B21