A new simulator

AFS 2010?

I thought AFS2012.

well, um. good point. maybe that's why they were so quiet. the release is immanent biggrin.gif

seriously, maybe Mathijs jumps in and clarifies. Wonder why he mentions anything in another forum - if it's no secret that they are working on it he might have dropped a note here, too.

Phil

Yeah, right - The Mythical Man-Month: if it takes one woman 9 months to have a baby, then obviously 9 women should be able to have a baby in one month...

Well, we might get a baby every month.... in the future ;)

And anywhy, i don't think Aerosoft vill gett set out by some of these comments about "is the project still alive?" Questions. They oviously do not look at this tread anywhy, thats why we get no answers ;). They do not care about us believing this project or not. They do their things, and we do our things. So, for you people that calls for a slack, get over it, there will allways be negative peoples like me in here ;). The sim will not progress faster if we believe or not.

This comments makes me think back in times at Fighterops.com. The skeptics and negatives was the devills them selves, though they had to have people speak nice about the sim in the genral forum so that people would use their monney on Area 51, lol... And still fighterops.com is rolling. At their sight you pay a lot for nothing :). Anyone know how figtherops.com is progressing? Have not seen much progress the last 2 years in that forum. I guess Fighterops will get to the market in 2015, and that it will be a outdated sim at the release date.

• Upvote 1

Is their a reason why the Outerra planet rendering engine was not suitable for AFS2012? I know that Mathijs has contacted them but I am curious as to why it hasn't been followed up. I'm sure there is a good reason why...Aerosoft's team knows far more than myself about such matters, but I am simply curious as to why such a project can't be intergrated. This is a excerpt from Outerra's forum:

http://outerra.com/

I've been contacted by Mathijs Kok from Aerosoft already some time ago, but then he went silent. I can only guess he got averted by the fact that we are just a small independent developer (in fact we did it just in our spare time then) and we don't have any product history yet. Can't blame him for that either, we only have our demo work speaking for us but there is much money in it for Aerosoft. Additionally, he expressed himself on Aerosoft's forums recently that "as good as it is at what the demo's show, it is not what we need"

It does look very good though...

Rhydian

• Upvote 2

I was too a little, say concerned that Mathijs is so absent here. But yesterday I stumbled across his posting here http://www.forum.aer...ndpost&p=207956 where he says 'The AFS2010 project keeps popping up.' So, obviously this is not dead. Which is great news.

Phil

Thanks for posting that; I never would have found it. Good to see that it probably isn't dead, but I wish Mathijs would say something about it in this section of the forum.

• Upvote 3

Thanks for posting that; I never would have found it. Good to see that it probably isn't dead, but I wish Mathijs would say something about it in this section of the forum.

I am also glad there was some info regarding this flight sim, but I don't understand why the info wasn't posted in this thread.

While looking at another flight sim forum, I came across a posting which talked about MS. Looks as if they might be putting out a PR regarding their "flight game".

I hope that news doesn't have any bearing on Aerosoft's flight sim.

PS, I know no one likes to talk about stuff before they happen, but any new news regarding AFS2012, would be great.

I am also glad there was some info regarding this flight sim, but I don't understand why the info wasn't posted in this thread.

While looking at another flight sim forum, I came across a posting which talked about MS. Looks as if they might be putting out a PR regarding their "flight game".

I hope that news doesn't have any bearing on Aerosoft's flight sim.

PS, I know no one likes to talk about stuff before they happen, but any new news regarding AFS2012, would be great.

Maybe Aerosoft knew something we didn't. Looks like Microsoft is not out of the Flight sim business after all. Take a look at the "Flight Sim Live" subject started today in the Avsim Hangar Chat Forum.

Microsoft is looking for talent for developing FS under their Live umbrella.

God help us all (JMHO)

Good Flying

Hmmm, maybe Aerosoft have been asked to work with MS on Flight Live hence lack of news here. Or they are just too busy on their other projects which is where they earn their money! Whatever, isn't life more interesting when we don't know what is going on than when we do?!?

Hmmm, maybe Aerosoft have been asked to work with MS on Flight Live hence lack of news here. Or they are just too busy on their other projects which is where they earn their money! Whatever, isn't life more interesting when we don't know what is going on than when we do?!?

Mystery might add excitement to one's life, but I'm too excited about the possible new, modern flight that should run very well with today's super video cards. wub.gif

The lack of news is a bit concerning to me. I was hoping AFS2012 would be were Aerosoft would make a lot of money. Since they would have the base product, they could make add-ons, and also sell other people's add-ons.

Maybe "no news is good news" :-)

• Upvote 1

Hello,

I think that at this time, "Aerosoft" should think about becoming "Worldsoft"

Aerosoft

Railsoft

Seasoft

Roadsoft.....dry.gif

Moonsoft....biggrin.gif

There market is probably the biggest in Flightsim, but If you make a simulated planet,

you cab ad airports, or railroads or harbors for boat fans, or even highways, if you want to drive a simulated BMW anyways..

I keep thinking about this, first develope a planet that looks so real, with some physics in it as well, than make addons simulators, for wat ever you want to simualte, (fly, drive, surf, ski, race, or dive).

So some day you cab drive to the airport, walk through the airport, get on a plane and fly it, and after takeoff, you see your internet friend racing his steamlocomotive, out of town at the same time!!

Got the big picture?? actually this is starting to look like second life.....blink.gif

greetings

• Upvote 1

Aerosoft

Railsoft

Seasoft

Roadsoft.....dry.gif

Moonsoft....biggrin.gif

There market is probably the biggest in Flightsim, but If you make a simulated planet,

you cab ad airports, or railroads or harbors for boat fans, or even highways, if you want to drive a simulated BMW anyways..

I keep thinking about this, first develope a planet that looks so real, with some physics in it as well, than make addons simulators, for wat ever you want to simualte, (fly, drive, surf, ski, race, or dive).

You have summed it up perfectly

It is pointless just making a Flightsim but should be like your and my vision

ie The start of a 3d world ending one day in something like the Matrix

I am not sure who they are trying to hit up for money but I would be off

to India or China and run the Grande Vision past them.

You have summed it up perfectly

It is pointless just making a Flightsim but should be like your and my vision

ie The start of a 3d world ending one day in something like the Matrix

I am not sure who they are trying to hit up for money but I would be off

to India or China and run the Grande Vision past them.

How do you know that we aren't already living in a sim? :ph34r:

• Upvote 1

'How do you know that we aren't already living in a sim?'

As the lights went up after I'd watched Avatar 3D with my 11 year old daughter I said 'Look! Even the cinema is in 3D!'. She's long gone past the point of thinking anything I say is remotely funny, but it did prompt a brief discussion on whether indeed we do live in a vast 'sim'. The conclusion was that if we did then we should look for some bugs - no sim is perfect after all. Anyone found any bugs in 'life'? Grossly off topic I know, but with no news on Aerosoft's new sim we need something to talk about!

• Upvote 1

'How do you know that we aren't already living in a sim?'

As the lights went up after I'd watched Avatar 3D with my 11 year old daughter I said 'Look! Even the cinema is in 3D!'. She's long gone past the point of thinking anything I say is remotely funny, but it did prompt a brief discussion on whether indeed we do live in a vast 'sim'. The conclusion was that if we did then we should look for some bugs - no sim is perfect after all. Anyone found any bugs in 'life'? Grossly off topic I know, but with no news on Aerosoft's new sim we need something to talk about!

An old favorite of mine! :lol:http://www.simulation-argument.com/simulation.html

http://www.simulation-argument.com/

Hehehe, well the good news is that we have already lots and lots of screenshots and videos of ancestor simulator 2912:

http://images.google.com/

http://www.youtube.com/

Too bad the flight simulator part is so darn expensive though ;)

Hehehe, well the good news is that we have already lots and lots of screenshots and videos of ancestor simulator 2912:

http://images.google.com/

http://www.youtube.com/

Too bad the flight simulator part is so darn expensive though ;)

Gah! Too early in the morning here. I think it took me way-y-y-y too long to get the joke! :wacko::lol:

In case you folks didn't notice:

Mathijs wrote this today on the Airbus X-thread in the Previews of not yet released products-Forum:

Right, as long as the weather in FSX follows what is really out there that will work. At least ONE of the parameters will be right then (real weather). In AFS2013 getting the weather right is one of the main aspects. I am sure we'll not be able to match a single rain cloud to what is really out there but I am sure we can get it a lot better then it is in FSX.

Working title is now AFS2013 and it sounds as if it's getting more serious. :-)

• Upvote 2

In case you folks didn't notice:

Mathijs wrote this today on the Airbus X-thread in the Previews of not yet released products-Forum:

Working title is now AFS2013 and it sounds as if it's getting more serious. :-)

Thanks for posting that. Interesting to note the change to AFS20"13." I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but why can't we get any information or updates in this thread? I never read the Airbus X thread, so I would have never seen that.

• Upvote 3

Don't know if this was mentioned but when ever it snows or rains the aircraft never seems to accumulate snow or get wet! and perhaps instead of a flat white ground during winter, why not show snow accumulation on the ground?

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

How about "New Aircraft".... I mean, 0000 on the Hobbs meter. Let us put our "hours" on the aircraft from day one, then let the plane age with time, i.e. engine wear, loss of power, etc... Require aircraft general maintenence. Just like owning a real plane. Also, manually pumping fuel into the plane and the ability to do a full pre-flight inspection. lastley, let there be consequences for not properly maintaining and flying your aircraft. That would be great.

• Upvote 2

How about "New Aircraft".... I mean, 0000 on the Hobbs meter. Let us put our "hours" on the aircraft from day one, then let the plane age with time, i.e. engine wear, loss of power, etc... Require aircraft general maintenence. Just like owning a real plane. Also, manually pumping fuel into the plane and the ability to do a full pre-flight inspection. lastley, let there be consequences for not properly maintaining and flying your aircraft. That would be great.

Loss of power? the engines are well maintaind and replaced every now and then. And every now and then they strip down the whole aircraft and chage out mostly every parts that is being weard out. I've seen some of thouse stripp downs, and there is not much that is not changed. The Aircraft boddy hase a close inspection to se if there is som microkracs. They do a realy big overhaul. The passenger seats and some inventory get placed back to save monney. So when you sit in a "old" chair, I can assure you that the plane is not that old. The parts in the enire plane have been changed sevral times.

The boddy is "old" but everything inside is new, though not the passengers seats.

• Upvote 1

So...

This new simulator will provide a "world" to fly in. Of course there will be planes to fly with. It does look, however, like a lot of people want this whole world to be "Sandmann" quality scenery and mesh with PMDG, A2A, Piglet standard aircraft built in already. Such optimism!

But I do hope that the sim itself will get the physics right.

Anyway, I am sure that this is all being thought of.

I have some concern about add ons though. What software will be dictated for the creation of sceneries and planes and other objects. I know folk will say GMax because it is free. Will any SDK force the potential dev to any specific software - such as four and a half thousand dollars worth of 3DS Max or will other cheaper (but no less capable) software be allowed? Or could you negotiate with the various 3D software companies to agree on a common model standard?

Or have you already got these issues wrapped up?

• Upvote 2