A new simulator

It looks nice but we also have to remember that the fsx add ons should work in the new sim as far as i remember, but whit a converting program like x-plan where you can use some of the things from fsx in x-plane as i have understandet.

But i think it would slow the progres insted of starting from point 0 as microsoft haven´t done so and therefor the big load on the processer. And then Aerosoft would get a new problem like microsoft did just in the near feauture.

Becaus if Aerosoft can create a hole new sim whit the newest things it would be more poplar i think becaus, I dont think i am talking for my self but the way FSX work it all the time creates problems for the user oom error instal error and all the other things. Caused by update on update and the new windows as FSX is like windows as they only updates and at some point the pc cant deal whit it anymore.

I am so tired of instaling FSX as it newer runs 100 % whit out chrashing and i have an good pc whit no problems in any other games, that requers hig end pc. and there fore if Aerosoft cant get it working like other games people would like to use it.

And i would say i know things costs money and i would say that i would pay for an sim there is working good and some of the new stuf, and i think other want to do the same.

I realy hope Aersoft create the best sim ever, and fs 2012 be an best seller by sim games.

The 3D engine used in Wings Of Prey seems to be interesting :

In reality however this game doesn't work very well. It looks visually nice until you switch to cockpit mode and the horizon becomes a bright blur... As for the flight dynamics, simulation mode is seriously impossible (the tiniest movements resulting in spins and stalls etc) meaning you are stuck with arcade dynamics which are......... well, arcadey!!!

The 3D engine used in Wings Of Prey seems to be interesting :

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=5mcT_giikC4

The Scenery /Autogen ?? seems to very well done from what I can see in YouTube

One of my pet hates in FS is the razor sharp autogen perched on the side of a hill

and not so sharp ground textures

In most cases TileProxy looks a lot better

A couple of other peeves is why all the lights come on together in an area.

I would have thought that it would ease the load on the CPU to make this more random

And nothing appears to be random anyway in FS . You do your 10 minute checklist

and taxi out and it is always the same old planes at the Gates .

Really annoying as the real world is really random.

An interesting upcoming add on for FSX is EZDOK ( EZCA)

This adds movement in the cockpit ie You are moving in your seat

I think this will be very popular when released

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D__s-Ylu7HU&feature=related

http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=238642&st=125

It would be great to go down this path in ASFS

The aircraft.cfg could have something simple like this in it

[Views]

eyepoint=80.0,-2.00,30.00

[seat Hardness]

hardness=7 // 2=ultralight 9=A380

[Electrical]

It looks nice but we also have to remember that the fsx add ons should work in the new sim as far as i remember,

I would agree only if this did not limit the development of the new sim in any way.

Backwards compatibility should only be a nice to have and not a show stopper IMHO.

Cheers,

I would agree only if this did not limit the development of the new sim in any way.

Backwards compatibility should only be a nice to have and not a show stopper IMHO.

Cheers,

Right i agree and it was also something like that i was tryeing to say. :)

I am not sure that anything could be backwards compatable with FS as this

would give M$ Legal Dept a field day.

I suppose the example above "EZDOK ( EZCA)"would even have to be changed to

Aircraft Configure.xml

ViewPoint

xyz=80.0,-2.00,30.00

Seat Hardness

hardness=7 // 2=ultralight 9=A380

Electrical System

Cheers,

Like many people, iv spent alot of money on addons for FSX, id love it if those aircraft and maybe even scenery and real environment x etc etc could be made to work in the ASFS... assuming it won't have something better as standard of course?

Like many people, iv spent alot of money on addons for FSX,

As have I, at last count in excess of Au$ 3,500.00 however I would gladly give each one of them a miss, if the new sim (not being backwards compatible), could by default have aircraft to the quality/complexity of A2A's Accusim offerings and have scenery to the quality of Orbx's FTX offerings, all of these running at a smooth 30 - 40 FPS on mid range PC's the day with the inclusion of real weather and really accurate flight dynamics.

My point is that the new sim must use the best of what we have now as a base line upon which to build additional functionality/fidelity or there is no point. The current product (FsX) already has the capacity to do so much.

Here are some additional ideas:

More realistic weather. FSX (and most weather add ons) show us a nice picture of the weather.

But this is far away from how real weather affects an aircraft.

Weather is influenced by topography and Cumulus X made the first step, to take this into consideration.

Thermal ridge lift, downwind on lee side of mountains and updraft on windward side (with typical clouds),

winds along the bottom of the valley, would be a new challenge for mountain flying!

Turbulences in FSX are random, not consistent, not according to current turbulence maps.

Within one fat thunder cell you find a lot of up- and downdraft's...

More realistic icing. At the moment, we have Pitot icing (Yes – No – but nothing between),

Bush Hawk has windshield frost up and jamming aircraft controls, Catalina reacts on freezing rain

and Carb icing (in each case, a little bit of icing, a part is implemented).

I want to receive the evil acknowledgment, if I fly through THESE bad looking cloud in front of me!

And this means also structural icing (and disturbed aerodynamics), observable ice formation on my aircraft.

More realistic landings. My feeling: FSX is much to tolerant. I guess, I generated reparation invoices (millions €)

and FSX never (rarely) grump about my landing technique.

But if this would be a real airfield with other pilots watching me, what would they laugh and commentate...

Force Feedback Joysticks. Some days (I hope) we will have yokes and rudders electrically controlled

like the throttle units. They will need input from the simulator.

Albrecht

As have I, at last count in excess of Au$ 3,500.00 however I would gladly give each one of them a miss, if the new sim (not being backwards compatible), could by default have aircraft to the quality/complexity of A2A's Accusim offerings and have scenery to the quality of Orbx's FTX offerings, all of these running at a smooth 30 - 40 FPS on mid range PC's the day with the inclusion of real weather and really accurate flight dynamics.

My point is that the new sim must use the best of what we have now as a base line upon which to build additional functionality/fidelity or there is no point. The current product (FsX) already has the capacity to do so much.

well i think the most of us have spendt a lot of money and i have spendta lot to.

But i think new things working in a hole new way is much better as microsoft was far behind in file format and game engine. I have also seen some places where the team behind the fs has got the messeges that add ons companys would not crate more add ons for fs if they dont starts from ground 0. And you cant continue that way and mabee therefor they stopped.

With that in mind i hope Areosoft would create something new, so they can update it a bit in the future and when time and money is to it start all over again. so they dont make same misstake, know it costs money but if we dont suport them we loose them to create the best game for people there realy cant fly in the real world or fans.

Also if it can be better then fsx it would be good and Aerosoft gets money and mabee new people would join FS. becaus of the falier whit FSX i dont want it anymore as problem after problem. And grafic is not as good as it could and slowing the pc becaus of the fileformat and all the other security things microsooft have.

Have a nice day to all

I agree that Aerosoft needs to start from scratch with AFS2012. After playing Rise of Flight, I can barely go back to FSX. FSX is just really far behind in flight model, graphics, and performance. I hope Aerosoft takes RoF as an example of what a flight sim should be. If we can get something at least that good, I'll be satisfied.

Hi

Ive just found out that there are plans for new FS that would be great and the things ive read sound nice.

Im real atco at lkaa and ive been flying msfs for some years now and most of the time on ivao.I dont have many hours controling on ivao (50 i guess), mostly because i got ######ed off in about 10 minutes there, and because i have enought of that at work sad.gif , heres why and its also a list of things i would like to have in new FS.

1. Voice. It really should be a SIMPLEX not DUPLEX like its now in TS, that would make it more real like and an atco can actually do his work and not just scream stand by or break like you hear at ivao busy airports all the time.

2.Weather. Big problem for me at ivao as a pilot or atco.When you use a real time weather there is always problem when you are flying over many different airports because the metars always vary in time of publishment sometimes by more than few hours so in summer when there is so many storms one metar (the accurate one) will give you a RA and TS and one just 20NM further (but maybe 4 hours old) will give you SKC, and im not talking about winds which is totally out. There should be some buffer or maybe a time smoothing so it will change slowly, but not on side of the player but on servers side so every one would get the same weather. My idea is (a tottaly useless maybe) that the server would spilt airspace in some parts small ones at fl200(or any other level maybe fl180 below to please the us guysrolleyes.gif ) and below and bigger ones above that, and it would always use the newest notam in that area. As you would fly thru these areas switching from one to another is done by smoothing too but this time on players side but with pre-sets values same for everyone.

This would totally ease atco job a lot and pilots also,and the realism? come on! unbeatable TS on just one spot for everyone same with snow rain for etc..

Weather brings me to another thing.This time for offline flying. Im flying long hauls most of the time and i really like (maybe most like) the planning part of it.Sure you can always put full tanks and off you go, but seriously WHERES THE PLEASURE IN THAT.So if you fly off line,preset weather,nice planning thing whould be upper wind map for your route it could be done in different ways a standart one(PRO setting maybe), upper winds map with flags and everything and easy way with arrows on your route map and digits next to them.

One more thing i dont know if its just my problem or its common for MSFS but i never have any Jet streams and i miss that a lot.

3.Squawk I think ive read it somewhere here that a S mode would be a good thing. I think that would be great it whould work like the real one we have at work i know its not very common for ATC around the world to have S mode radar but it will be.The thing is you could see as atco controling your airspace where the hell is he desc. to since you really dont know if hes coming from uncontroled airspace.

4. Planning I think that your FS will be airac updated right? It would be really cool if you would put in a RAD documents 2 for planning. And maybe a hint page or window with informations form LOAS which would give you info on your route restrictions and maybe even entry fls to next FIR. I know this would be massive work but maybe you could make editing of these files really easy and let users to do it im sure theres hundreds of crazy enought guys to do that.

Im sure i wanted to say much more than that, but i just dont remember what was it, and this is me longest Forum entry ever so i need a brake anyways.

Cheers, take care and if your FS will be half good as it looks now Ill buy it.Well as long as i would have to buy a NASA computer for that.

Jiri Sekerka

http://www.forum.aer...showtopic=29801

I was reading the "Topic: ease of use", and I must say that the reading was petrifying. Do you realy intend to make a sim less complicated than the FSX?

Well, then it's not a sim, but a game. Don't even think of makeing the New AFS less complicated. Don't forget that FSX is one of the "games"/sims that people that are more than 13 years old use. Maybe you Mathijs do not want to use some hours to learn how to use a plane that you have bought, but for the old retired MD-11 pilot there is a must that the simulator is realy a realistic simulator.

IF you intend to make a new simulator, make it good. For thouse who dont know how to fly, learn to fly. Use the Cessna before you jump in to a bigger plane. If You(Aerosoft) make a less complicated sim than FSX, you have allready lost in the competition with FSX and X-plane. I must say, even the newbees wan't realism. Make it possible to have auto engine start, and all systems go like in FSX, so the people that do not know how to use the sim can try to fly the plane anywhy, while they are learning. If you want to earn monney on the arcade people, well I have a proposal.

AFS 2012 Arcade(play)

AFS 2012 Standard(real simulator, better than, and more realsitic than FSX and X-Plane)

AFS 2012 Pro(Professional)

I was really dissapointed when i read the "Topic: ease of use", it was like being stabbed in the back.

Realism realism realism, is the onely way to go, i hate it when games and simulations just end up like a grapicaly orgasm with less playability or realism.

If Aerosoft go for less realism, then I will hold on to FSX untill a better sim comes. Maybe I have to go over to X-plane. There is a reason to why complex addons are made for FSX, and that is because people want them, and they want to learn how to use them. FSX was made for the future, and therfore you have to gett a new PC to run it. And still my PC is not bigg enough.

Well they could follow the FSPassengers ratings. You start in a Cessna and work your way up in the sim. Once you have reached enough flight time you can switch to another aircraft (after your company buys it).

I wouldn't want to see an FSpassangers rating system. I wouldn't want to be restricted in what I fly. The advantage of Flight Sim over the real world is that in the Sim you have the freedom of jumping in a 747-400 and flying, in the real world, that takes all the training before hand, pre flight preparation, and for lots of users, they just want to fly.

For Kenneth, I completely understand where you are coming from, you've probably looked at that topic better than I have, but there is a fine line between complication and detail. A flight Sim less complicated than FSX is a better Sim. Less complicated means more user friendly, and easier to use. that doesn't mean the Sim would be less Detailed. Take for instance the Garmin G1000 glass cockpit. Very detailed, shows you everything you'd want to know and more. Then take a default, say, Cessna cockpit. It has 6 main gauges, plus several others dotted here and there showing Fuel and RPM among other things. The garmin is more Detailed, but it's also simpler. 2 very large displays versus 8 or more small gauges.

It's the same concept for AFS2012. It needs to be easier to use, therefore less complicated than FSX. But, if Aerosoft does well, then it will be more detailed at the same time. I understand your concern for the possibility of the new Sim being less complicated, and therefore taking steps backward. That's the last thing we all want. But we want its ease of use, so what I'm thinking of is menu layouts, configuring the Sim etc. to be as simple as possible, therefore easier to use. That doesn't mean sacraficing detail or realism. As Albert Einstein said: "Make things as simple as possible, but no simpler". Same concept here.

Thanks,

Natty

Well it should bee more realistic yes, but people that don´t know much about how the real plane works, should also be abele to fly like in FSX, but only whit short cuts or what you call them. Whit out learning center as the info can be found on the web!!

But i don´t hope Aerosoft creates different ratings for the simulator, like fsx not that there was a big diference but in the new production i think the the price of the finished product would be expensive for much real feel.

The best way is to say 1 version whit all includedet, then wee all pay for it and it would be beter for Aerosoft, if we should get an new version in the future. If they want and se the market for it.

Whish i have had the edducation to join the Aerosoft team on the new sim. As my bigest whish is gone for now, as money stops me from being pilot.

Mathijs

Please hide Slew and FPS for everyone except developers

The posts through the years is quite large regarding these 2 features

You know the type.

They never fly but spend all their lives Slewing , Fiddling with the FPS

and Display settings whilst complaining about the stutters/bluries etc

Fine but you can never explain to them in posts that that you simply can

not see 60 FPS,

Maybe you could have tick boxes like this

[_] I am happy to let you guys set my machine for optimum performance :lol:

[_] I am a complete Idiot and want to waste my life fiddling with settings :rolleyes:

Mathijs

I hope you guys can come up with an Editor/Scenery Designer for AFS

My only effort was Walt Disney World 2012 for FS9.

I really enjoyed making the models textures etc but I had to use about 10 to 15 programs

Rhino for Models , Gmax for importing , texture mapping ( excellent , the rest is crap ) and exporting

XN Veiw , DXTBmp ,PSP and Picture Pub for .lm ,

AFCAD , Arno's Object placer , Notepad for XML

TTools , Maps to BGL ,Fs panel Studio etc etc

I also opened and closed FS9 about 10,000 times :mad:

Never again even for a small local airport unless a decent program comes forward

Steve

• Upvote 3

Hi,

I am very excited to hear that Aerosoft is planning on developing a new flight sim. Some of the things I would love to see included are:

1. An "EyeFinity"-type of fov. One where we have a true left, forward, and right view. A fov that is native to the program so it's easy to set up right "out of the box" for people like me who don't like to fiddle with things (e.g.) install your flight sim software, hook up the three monitors, and fly away! :

2. Detailed parts of the world with lots of landmarks (buildings, golf course, roads, etc). Speaking for myself, and maybe others, I would be willing to pay for each separate region of the world (ex. North America, Asia, Europe) with each region being detailed with true landmarks, houses, etc., and having good land classes for each region.

3. I want A.I., birds, moving cars, boats, and moving trains. A living world. I think this would be a big selling point to the casual flight simmer...seeing a living world.

4. One thing I don't like about FSX is houses, and trees look out of scale...especially the houses...way too big.

5. One of my biggest peeves about FSX is that everything looks so pristine! I want more of the real world modeled-- ugly factory buildings, dirty buildings, dirty cities. In FSX, to me, it looks a "little" cartoonish because everything looks so new. I also want streets and roads to look like roads...not "like dirt paths". I would like some concrete roads and asphalt roads.

6. A good "save" system. So for longer flights, I can save, and then return to that saved state at a later time.

7. I know this one is the hardest one: more updates! Like every week, lol. Even if it's just to say, "no new progress yet" :-)

Thanks!

What about Auytogen correct for the era you are flying in?. By that, I mean, if you are flying a Fokker Trimotor over Manhattan in 1927, you would se ships like Cunard's AQUITANIA, or White Star's OLYMPIC moving from their berths, steam tugs, sailing ships, the correct skyline for 1920's New York, etc

One thing I'd like to see in AFS2012 is a built-in airport editor. A simple, user-friendly program that will allow me to easily edit runways, taxiways, etc. A person who lives right down the street from an airport is more concerned with making it accurate than someone who's never heard of it is. If a program like this is implemented, please make it simple. AFX is a really nice tool for this in FSX. If I can use it, it's simple and user-friendly!:) Also, it would be nice if this tool allowed me to move, place, and delete scenery objects. Making 3D models is probably much too advanced for me, but I'd like to be able to place default objects. In short, I'd like users without advanced computer skills to be able to edit the AFS2012 world.

• Upvote 2